Sony PlayStation 3

They are learning from Nintendo, let's just keep re-selling the people the same games over again.

Have to say, the PS2 had such a massive selection of games, they could have a hell of a lot of these remakes or updating. Wouldnt mind a Burnout Collection, however as the first 2 games were published by Acclaim, I aint sure where those rights would be.

Pretty shit that I have to re-buy my games. What am I supposed to do with the ones I already have then? Either sell them, or buy a PS2, or re-buy them again on PS3.

But if the games are done right, they upped in graphics, and sharper and clearer, surely that wouldnt be a bad? I mean everyone had their own favourites, so buying the odd collection, whats wrong with that? I wouldnt re buy my entire PS2 collection, but if it was a series I loved or played alot, I think I would consider it.

I know certain people would love a Ico/Shadow of the Colossus remake/re issue for the PS3.

If you look at what Nintendo showed at E3 on the 3DS, twas mainly old games remade for that console.

You don't 'have' to re-buy your old games Lami. It's like re releasing an old movie on blur ray. If you already have the original on dvd you don't HAVE to buy the new version.

I missed out on a lot of PS2 games back in the day. the Ico series, Sly cooper, ratchet and clank, beyond good and evil, ... I never got around to playing any of those but always heard they were good.

So far it seems like this is only sony owned franchises but maybe if they sell well other companies will jump on. I'm pretty sure EA and Activision would jump at the chance to re release a few more oldies with cleaned up graphics if they sold well.

Last edited:
An SSX collection minus On Tour would be sweet.

I was obsessed with SSX 3 and put tons of hours into it and I never even got to 50% in the game. I also never got round to playing the Tricky games.

I still remember racing down the mountain in SSX 3 for the first time, it took me 35 minutes!

You don't 'have' to re-buy your old games Lami. It's like re releasing an old movie on blur ray. If you already have the original on dvd you don't HAVE to buy the new version.

Except that I have the games but no PS2 to play them, basically because Sony claimed we'll have backward compatibility, which made me sell my PS2.

Well they did have Backwards comparability for the early phat PS3s. You should just pickk up a PS3 from gamestation or somewhere... they sell them for like £30 which will be cheaper than the re mastered HD versions will probably sell for.

Bah. They should've kept their promise and made all PS3's support backward compatibility imo. One machine for all games. Doesn't look good having two fat machines next to each other. One is more than enough, or wife will think I'm crazy :P

Sony fucked up with the backwards compatibility issues, definitely.

What was their excuse for not implementing backwards compatibility in the new consoles, didn't they have the "Emotion Engine" built into the old 20GB and 60GB consoles?

Just to let people know, PixelJunk Monsters and Encore are on sale on the PSN atm, the complete game for under a fiver, think its £3.58 all in.

PS3 System Software Update v3.40 And PlayStation Plus Available Later Today

Countries: AE, AU, GB, IE, NZ

Hi everyone, once again we’re adding new features to your PS3 via firmware update to continue to try and bring you the best entertainment experience possible. PS3 system software update (v3.40) is available available later today, adding the ability to purchase a PlayStation Plus subscription, improved connection between your PlayStation Network and Facebook accounts and more. Additionally, we’ll be launching system software update (v6.30) for the PSP system simultaneously with PS3 – v3.40 and adding PlayStation Plus compatibility for the people that own both a PS3 and PSP.

SCEE_plus_001

Here are a few highlights from the new PS3 firmware update (v3.40):

* PlayStation Plus: PSN users will be able to purchase membership to PlayStation Plus which is a new premium subscription service on PSN that lets you expand and enhance your gaming experience and enable you to gain an exclusive set of features and content. Don’t forget though, all PSN users will continue to have free access to PSN’s existing and brand new features while PlayStation Plus subscribers will also gain access to an exclusive set of gaming features, content and functionality.
o Games & Special Offers – access to great games every month worth over £200 a year, exclusive discount on PlayStation Store and early access to demos and beta trails.
o Exclusive Content – download and keep loads of new and exclusive premium avatars, dynamic themes and game add-ons.
o Full Game Trial – Try full games each month for a limited period before you decide whether to buy them.
o Automatic Download – Set your PS3 to automatically wake up, download and install all of your game updates, new game demos and even download the latest system software. All without you lifting a finger.
o Limited Special Offer – To celebrate the launch of PlayStation Plus we are also offering users the chance to get hold of LittleBigPlanet completely free. Simply sign up for a 1 year membership between now (29th) and the 3rd August 2010 and a downloadable copy of the award winning PS3 game is yours to keep forever.
* Photo Gallery: A new network based photo sharing feature is now available on the Photo Gallery. The enhancement allows you to upload, browse and comment on photos on Facebook and Picasa. You can also opt to share your photos between your PlayStation Network friends as well as print photos from Photo Gallery.
* Video Editor & Uploader: Video Editor and Uploader is a new function found on the XrossMediaBar (XMB), which enables you to edit, save and upload video files stored on the PS3 system to sites such as Facebook or YouTube.
* PlayStation Store Five Star Rating Support: Users can now rate PlayStation Store content they have purchased with one to five star ratings.
* Power Save Settings: The default setting for PS3 System Auto-Off will be set at 2 hours, providing you with additional power save options and further improving power save features on the PS3 system.

As well as the latest features introduced in PS3 system software update (v3.40), a separate, new PSN application will be made available on Facebook. This builds on the previous connection with Trophies and the ability to share purchases from the PlayStation Store. Now you can further integrate your PSN and Facebook accounts with this new application, which allows you to display your PSN profile on Facebook, send a PSN friend request to friends on Facebook and add the PSN application tab to your Facebook Profile.

We’re very excited to be able to provide you with continued system software upgrades, which ensure your PS3 and PSP systems remain compelling offerings for years to come with no additional investment from you. For more details and instructions on how to update the system software for the PS3 and PSP systems, please visit http://eu.playstation.com/ps3/support/network/detail/item48612/ and http://eu.playstation.com/psp/support/general/detail/item54261/.

Let us know your thoughts. Enjoy!

I bought a 90 day subscription.

Also the video editor wont work with videos that have been on the system before this update (or something along those lines). It wouldn't work with a highlight reel from my Franchise game this morning from MLB 10 The Show and that was after I updated my firmware.

Did it have to be LBP.. What if people already have it, they should've added a few other games imo.

EDIT: Went for the year subscription.

Last edited:
May end up getting a years subscription to PlayStation Plus. Its tempting but why isn't there a trial of inFamous like the US have?

How does the Facebook tie-in work and are all those features above only a part of PSN+?

I've just realised I dont even know how to change the colour of my PSN account box on the friends list!! :LOL:

May end up getting a years subscription to PlayStation Plus. Its tempting but why isn't there a trial of inFamous like the US have?
No idea. Was thinking the same. Still think they should've given us 2 or 3 full ps3 games to choose from and not only LBP.
How does the Facebook tie-in work and are all those features above only a part of PSN+?
Some of them are a part of the 3.40 system update, starting from "Photo Gallery".
I've just realised I dont even know how to change the colour of my PSN account box on the friends list!! :LOL:
That's easy mate, just click on your avatar, then press x again to choose the color.

Last edited:
No idea. Was thinking the same. Still think they should've given us 2 or 3 full ps3 games to choose from and not only LBP.

Some of them are a part of the 3.40 system update, starting from "Photo Gallery".

That's easy mate, just click on your avatar, then press x again to choose the color.

Cheers Lami!

‘Heads-Up’ PlayStation Store Update (30th June 2010)

Countries: AE, AU, GB, IE, NZ

Hello everyone and welcome to another ‘Heads Up’ post courtesy of PSN Store Management. Once again I hold the fort while Mike takes a couple of days to enjoy the sunshine (ie; playing Alpha Protocol in a darkened room somewhere).

Exciting times with the launch of our premium service, PlayStation Plus – keep your eyes peeled for some genuinely spanking offers and additions over the coming months, and for those of you who get on board the Plus train right now with a year’s subscription, you can snag yourself a digital copy of LittleBigPlanet for the princely sum of absolutely nothing. No more getting off the sofa to pop in a Blu-ray, you’ll have to get your physical exercise some other way. I suggest powering your PS3 by exercise bike, but when it doesn’t work you can’t blame me, okay?

Some of you observant types might also have noticed another update yesterday to the ‘All Games A-Z’ section of the store. You spoke (at length) and we listened so now you can find Games, Demos and specific Add-ons for each platform listed alphabetically in one handy area. Of course, if you want to see EVERYTHING that’s available for one title, you can still hit up the PS3 Games and PSP Games sections. We’re working on a few more little tweaks for the Store so keep an eye out in the coming weeks.

So on to the update – For you handheld heroes we’ve got Everybody’s Tennis for your PSP – cracking good fun just like its golf-based predecessors. Also for those of you who are lucky enough to already have Toy Story 3 launch in your country, we’ve got the second round of DLC in the form of Woody’s Round up for you to enjoy. Throw in the latest Buzz! Quiz World pack, two new minis (also for PS3, as usual) and a free level kit for LittleBigPlanet and we’re all set.

All you PS3 types have it pretty good this week too – we’ve got the LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 demo and if you missed Death Track: Resurrection or the criminally under-rated Aqua Panic HD when they released, you can now try these out for free too. We have enormous amounts of DLC for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 for you budding golfers to browse, the Sacktue of Liberty returns for one week only and if you’re not already a Fat Princess convert, we’ve slashed the price just in time for the launch of the Fat Roles expansion pack. Yes, we’re bringing those old Internet favourites, Pirates and Ninjas (and Giants) to the fray. So now you don’t need to debate which is better, just get stuck in and fight it out!

Avatars, Wallpapers and some really awesome new videos for you too this week – don’t forget to check out the new Brink trailers, that one’s looking pretty special.

That’s all from me this week, Mike will be back as usual next time – I’ll reply to comments throughout the afternoon if you promise to be good. Bye for now!
PlayStation Store (via PS3, PSP and Media Go)
Special Offers

(Available until the 7th of July)

* Blue Toad Murder Files – Episode 1 (was – £4.79/€5.99 now – £0.99/€1.49)
* PixelJunk Monsters (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £2.39/€2.99)
* PixelJunk Monsters – Encore Pack (was – £2.39/€2.99 now – £1.19/€1.49)
* Ferrari Challenge Pack 2 (was – £4.79/€5.99 now – £2.39/€2.99)
* UFC Undisputed 2009 – Additional Fighters Pack (was – £3.19/€3.99 now – £1.19/€1.49)
* PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe (PSP) (was – £9.99/€12.99 now – £6.29/€7.99)
* Super Stardust Portable (PSP) (was – £6.29/€7.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
* LittleBigPlanet – The Canyons Level Kit (PSP) (was – £2.39/€2.99 now – £1.19/€1.49)
* LittleBigPlanet – The Island Level Kit (PSP) (was – £2.39/€2.99 now – £1.19/€1.49)
* Constructor (PSone) (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £1.59/€1.99)
* Mahjongg Artifacts: Chapter 2 (mini) (was – £3.49/€3.99 now – £1.74/€1.99)

SEGA Mega Sale (to celebrate Sonic’s 19th birthday!)

(Available until the 7th of July)

* Sonic Rivals (PSP) (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
* Sonic Rivals 2 (PSP) (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
* SEGA All Star Racing – Metal Sonic Death Egg (was – £4.79/€5.99 now – £3.19/€3.99)
* SEGA All Star Racing – Ryo Forklift Truck (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £3.19/€3.99)
* Sonic Unleashed – Apatos & Shamar Adventure Pack (was – £2.39/€2.99 now – £1.19/€1.49)
* Sonic Unleashed – Chun-nan Adventure Pack (was – £3.19/€3.99 now – £1.99/€2.49)
* Sonic Unleashed – Empire City & Adabat Adventure Pack (was – £2.39/€2.99 now – £1.19/€1.49)
* Sonic Unleashed – Holoska Adventure Pack (was – £2.39/€2.99 now – £1.19/€1.49)
* Sonic Unleashed – Mazuri Adventure Pack (was – £2.39/€2.99 now – £1.19/€1.49)
* Sonic Unleashed – Spagonia Adventure Pack (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £2.39/€2.99)
* SONIC: Very Hard Shadow Missions (was – £2.39/€2.99 now – £1.19/€1.49)
* SONIC: Very Hard Silver Missions (was – £2.39/€2.99 now – £1.19/€1.49)
* SONIC: Very Hard Sonic Missions (was – £2.39/€2.99 now – £1.19/€1.49)

Additional Special Offer (PS3)

* Super Stardust HD (was – £6.29/€2.99 now – £1.19/€1.49)

(Available until the 7th of July, 3rd Year Anniversary Special Offer)
Permanent Price Reduction (PS3)

* Fat Princess (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)

Downloadable Games (PS3)

* Sam & Max Episode 1 Standalone: The Penal Zone (£6.29/€7.99) Rating: PEGI 12

Availability: All locales

* Polar Panic Full Game Bundle (£7.99/€9.99) Rating: PEGI 12

Availability: Not available in Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Russian Federation and Switzerland.
Downloadable Games (PSP)

* Everybody’s Tennis (£16.99/€26.99) Rating: PEGI 3

Availability: All locales.
Downloadable Demos (PS3) (free)

* LEGO Harry Potter years 1-4

Rating: PEGI 7

Availability: Not available in Australia, Czech Republic, Greece, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and United Arab Emirates.

* Aqua Panic HD

Rating: PEGI 7

Availability: Not available in Australia and New Zealand

* Death Track: Resurrection

Rating: PEGI 16

minis (PS3/PSP)

* The Mystery of the Crystal Portal (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 3

* Hello Flowerz! (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 3

Add-On Game Content (PS3)

* Fat Princess – Fat Roles Expansion Pack (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 16

* Super Street Fighter IV – Super Classic Pack (£3.19/€3.99) Rating: PEGI 12

* LittleBigPlanet – Sacktue of Liberty Costume (free) Rating: PEGI 7

* Agarest: Generations of War – Additional PP+ (£5.49/€6.99) Rating: PEGI 12

Availability: All locales except New Zealand

* DJ Hero – Dance Party Mix Pack (£6.29/€7.99) Rating: PEGI 12

Availability: Not available in Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and United Arab Emirates

* Way of the Samurai 3 – Accessory Set (free) Rating: PEGI 16

Availability: Not available in New Zealand

* Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
o Riviera CC (£3.99/€4.99)
o The Highlands (£6.29/€7.99)
o The Emerald Dragon (£6.29/€7.99)
o River Course at Blackwolf Run (£6.29/€7.99)
o Waialae CC (£6.29/€7.99)
o Intermediate Drivers (£0.79/€0.99)
o Advanced Drivers (£1.19/€1.49)
o Expert Drivers (£1.99/€2.49)
o Intermediate Fairway Woods (£0.79/€0.99)
o Advanced Fairway Woods (£1.19/€1.49)
o Expert Fairway Woods (£1.99/€2.49)
o Intermediate Wedges (£0.79/€0.99)
o Advanced Wedges (£1.19/€1.49)
o Expert Wedges (£1.99/€2.49)
o Intermediate Irons (£0.79/€0.99)
o Advanced Irons (£1.19/€1.49)
o Expert Irons (£1.99/€2.49)
o Putters Pack (£1.99/€2.49)
o Power – Boost Intermediate (£0.79/€0.99)
o Power – Boost Advanced (£1.19/€1.49)
o Power – Boost Expert (£1.99/€2.49)
o Power – Swing Speed Intermediate (£0.79/€0.99)
o Power – Swing Speed Advanced (£1.19/€1.49)
o Power – Swing Speed Expert (£1.99/€2.49)
o Accuracy – Balance Intermediate (£0.79/€0.99)
o Accuracy – Balance Advanced (£1.19/€1.49)
o Accuracy – Balance Expert (£1.99/€2.49)
o Accuracy – Swing Plane Intermediate (£0.79/€0.99)
o Accuracy – Swing Plane Advanced (£1.19/€1.49)
o Accuracy – Swing Plane Expert (£1.99/€2.49)
o Control – Draw Intermediate (£0.79/€0.99)
o Control – Draw Advanced (£1.19/€1.49)
o Control – Draw Expert (£1.99/€2.49)
o Control – Fade Intermediate (£0.79/€0.99)
o Control – Fade Advanced (£1.19/€1.49)
o Control – Fade Expert (£1.99/€2.49)
o Control – Touch Intermediate (£0.79/€0.99)
o Control – Touch Advanced (£1.19/€1.49)
o Control – Touch Expert (£1.99/€2.49)
o Putting – Feel Intermediate (£0.79/€0.99)
o Putting – Feel Advanced (£1.19/€1.49)
o Putting – Feel Expert (£1.99/€2.49)
o Putting – Green Read Intermediate (£0.79/€0.99)
o Putting – Green Read Advanced (£1.19/€1.49)
o Putting – Green Read Expert (£1.99/€2.49)
o Putting – Swing Plane Intermediate (£0.79/€0.99)
o Putting – Swing Plane Advanced (£1.19/€1.49)
o Putting – Swing Plane Expert (£1.99/€2.49)
o Putting – Tempo Intermediate (£0.79/€0.99)
o Putting – Tempo Advanced (£1.19/€1.49)
o Putting – Tempo Expert (£1.99/€2.49)
o Attribute Boosts and Focus (£1.99/€2.49)
o Super Boost Suits (£2.39/€2.99)

Rating: PEGI 3

* Rock Band
o Nickelback Pack 01 (£4.99/€7.99)

(contains the following tracks which are also available separately)

o Burn It To The Ground (£0.99/€1.49)
o Figured You Out (£0.99/€1.49)
o Never Again (£0.99/€1.49)
o Rockstar (£0.99/€1.49)
o Photograph (£0.99/€1.49)
o This Afternoon (£0.99/€1.49)

Rating: PEGI 12

Availability: Not available in Czech Republic, Greece, Luxembourg, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and United Arab Emirates

* Rock Band Network
o American Dream by Silverstein (£0.99/€1.49)
o Battle Royale by The World Alive (£0.59/€0.79)
o Kick Some Ass ‘09 by Stroke 9 (£0.99/€1.49)
o Sick by Bif Naked (£0.99/€1.49)
o Undone by All That Remains (£0.99/€1.49)

Availability: Not available in Czech Republic, Greece, Luxembourg, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and United Arab Emirates

* Guitar Hero 5
o Pop 1 Track Pack (contains the following tracks which are also available separately) (£4.39/€5.49)
o Fireflies by Owl City (£1.59/€1.99)
o Just Dance by Lady Gaga (£1.59/€1.99)
o This Love by Maroon 5 (£1.59/€1.99)

Availability: Not available in Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and United Arab Emirates
Add-On Game Content (PSP)

* Toy Story 3 – Woody’s Roundup (€1.99)

Rating: PEGI 3

Availability: Only released in Australia, Czech Republic, Greece, New Zealand, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and United Arab Emirates (other locales will be added at a later date)

* LittleBigPlanet – Fantasy Level Kit (free) Rating: PEGI 7

FirstPlay (PS3)

* Episode 013 (£0.99/€1.20)

Availability: Ireland and UK only
Videos (PS3)

* After Burner Climax Trailer
* Fallout: New Vegas E3 2010 Trailer
* Kane & Lynch 2 E3 2010 Trailer
* Naughty Bear Trailer
* Burn Zombie Burn! Gameplay Trailer
* Brink Container City Preview Parts 1, 2 & 3
* Brink Freedom of Movement Preview

Videos (PSP)

* Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep E3 2010 Trailer

* Fat Princess (£0.20/€0.25 each)
o Cake Avatar
o Logo Avatar
o Red Princess Avatar
o Blue Princes Avatar
o Red Princess Small Avatar

* Red Avatar Bundle (£0.79/€0.99) Contains avatars of the Red Priest, Warrior, Mage, Worker and Ranger

* Aqua Panic HD (£0.20/€0.25 each)
o Avatar 1, 2 & 3

Wallpapers (PS3)

* Blue Toad Murder Files Wallpaper

* LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 Wallpapers 3 and 4

Wallpapers (PSP)

* LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 Wallpapers 1, 2, 3 and 4

Themes (PSP)

* Pinball Heroes Fat Princess Theme

I cant believe there is 5 courses TOO BUY for Tiger Woods, nevermind all that other shite for boosting etc. Shocking.

Best get some credit on my PSN Wallet and pick up Super Stardust HD, that's a bargain price.

Just found this out about the video editor feature. If there are any videos you want to edit together but the system is telling you the file isn't compatible or some of the error message.

Just copy that file to your usb, then copy and overwrite the file on your console. They should work with the editor now.

Just found this out about the video editor feature. If there are any videos you want to edit together but the system is telling you the file isn't compatible or some of the error message.

Just copy that file to your usb, then copy and overwrite the file on your console. They should work with the editor now.

The video editor only works with files that were added to the console after the latest update so best to delete video files and copy over again.

Can't seem to find the video store... anyone?

I've activated Video under system activation. Still can't find anything. Never tried downloading a movie before but thought I'd want to try but can't find it anywhere.

Last edited:
If I change my PSN account will I lose all my saves on mt PS3, I want to go back to nick_cave now I can get back in but don't want to lose my MM and FIFA saves from the HD...

If I put them onto a usb pen and load them back up after will it say I can't use them as they are someone else's saves?...

I think you can copy from one account to another directly on the PS3. However, EA being EA and because of the trophies, I have a feeling the save files will be locked to the account.

No one knows where to find the video store? :P

Is it really there or am I just being thick? I've searched through PSN store and can't find it anywhere

There should be a button beside the 'store top' button near the top left (i think, not infront of my PS3 right now). It also might not be available in your country yet. It only just got launched in Canada.

Back
Top Bottom