Sony PlayStation 3

How is it a "a bad version of the wii controls" when it's basically the same 1:1 as the wii?

They have more than just a few mini games and wii rip offs on the go too. By the sound of things Socom 4 works perfectly acceptable with the new controller - throw in the obvious tiger woods golf with motion controls and with the better graphics and PSN online you're looking at a way better game than what you can get on the wii. Resi 4 is supposed to be getting the motions add on. ....

Well, actually you're right, sorry, simply that I don't like this kind of games and expressed myself in a very bad way. You made more sense than me. It's the genre that I don't like, even if it's Heavy Rain-like games.

Maybe I need to get surprised by something and fall in love.

About pricing, they mention that the webcam and one set of controllers (the main controller and the secondary one) would be just below 100$. I think IGN mentioned it.

Ahh I get ya now Drek. I liked the Wii at first but it does get old fast. And a lot of games, while were fun to play never gave me hours and hours of replayability. They were fun for a quick blast when we were having a party or family/friends came round but I hardly ever wanted to sit on my own playing something like bowling.

There have been some wii games out since I sold mine that have made me think 'ah shit, I'd have bought that and it looks like the kind of game I COULD play over and over on my own'.

Hopefully sony get some real full games out there and not just a bunch of 'mini games'. Maybe they have them held back for E3.

Ahh I get ya now Drek. I liked the Wii at first but it does get old fast. And a lot of games, while were fun to play never gave me hours and hours of replayability. They were fun for a quick blast when we were having a party or family/friends came round but I hardly ever wanted to sit on my own playing something like bowling.

There have been some wii games out since I sold mine that have made me think 'ah shit, I'd have bought that and it looks like the kind of game I COULD play over and over on my own'.

Hopefully sony get some real full games out there and not just a bunch of 'mini games'. Maybe they have them held back for E3.

Monster Hunter Tri, coming out in April is one game that I might just buy a Nintendo Wii for.

Good read explaining the pros, cons and what sets this apart from the Wii remotes.

Digital Foundry vs. PlayStation Move

It's been less than 24 hours since I attended the PlayStation Move reveal event at GDC, and I'm gathered in a small conference room of game-makers and press for Sony's presentation to developers. I'm looking for answers. Yesterday's event established release date, ballpark pricing and bundling options. I got to play a bunch of games too, but many of them were so early in development that accurately gauging the potential of the controller was a tough call.

The state of much of the software was such that you could be forgiven for thinking Move is little more than a Wii MotionPlus with some fancy camera options. But I know how good Sony's R&D teams are, I've read up on the underlying tech, and with the right concept and execution this should stand alongside the technological innovation found in Project Natal and in terms of certain, crucial applications, it could indeed surpass it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-playstation-move-article

After reading the article I'm starting to believe but as always content will be key.

Also the EA Sports Active 2.0 is completely wireless and doesn't use the PS Move or Dualshock.

Mirror's Edge is available for PS3 brand new from ShopTo for only £5.85 which is a bargain. Just bought a copy! :)

I upgraded my PS3's hard drive from 80gb to WD Scorpion blue 500gb. Not sure why I didn't do that before but its piss easy. Also thought it was the cheaper option as well.

I upgraded my PS3's hard drive from 80gb to WD Scorpion blue 500gb. Not sure why I didn't do that before but its piss easy. Also thought it was the cheaper option as well.

I'm thinking of getting a PS3 in the coming months. Is it better to buy a 120GB slim and upgrade as and when, or spend more on a 250GB version? Hard drives are so cheap I guess there's not much in it either way.

I'm thinking of getting a PS3 in the coming months. Is it better to buy a 120GB slim and upgrade as and when, or spend more on a 250GB version? Hard drives are so cheap I guess there's not much in it either way.

You can purchase a PS3 Slim 250GB model from ShopTo.net for £244.75. Thats less than the RRP of the 120GB Slim model at other retailers. Thats what I went with and I recommend it. :)

You can purchase a PS3 Slim 250GB model from ShopTo.net for £244.75. Thats less than the RRP of the 120GB Slim model at other retailers. Thats what I went with and I recommend it. :)

That's a good deal, cheers.

I also have the option of 10% off at Asda (through a family member's staff discount) so I'll have to see what bundles they have.

That's a very good deal imo. Would be cool if they sold a slim PS3 without hdd then we can pick whatever we want. A WD Scorpion Blue 500gb cost me about 50 pounds here. Not sure if its cheaper there. You can also find cheaper brands I think.

EDIT: You may find good deals on ebay btw.

Sony PlayStation 3 Slim (120 GB) Console Bundle New £200

Sony PlayStation 3 Slim (120 GB) Console (New as well) £200

PS3 SLIM 120GB 3 MONTHS OLD £160

WD Scorpio Blue 2.5" SATA2 (500 GB. 8M) & Case £54.99

500GB Western Digital 2.5/Laptop Hard Drive, HDD SATA £43 (Bid)

Last edited:
Would be cool if they sold a slim PS3 without hdd then we can pick whatever we want. A WD Scorpion Blue 500gb cost me about 50 pounds here. Not sure if its cheaper there. You can also find cheaper brands I think.

In an ideal world that's what I would do. If they sold the Slim without the HDD for less than £200 I would buy it and add a 500gb drive like you have done.

PSN Store 'Heads Up'

PlayStation Store via PS3
Special Offers

(Available until the 1st of April)

* 1942: Joint Strike (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
* Prince of Persia: Epilogue (Pack) (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
* Street Fighter IV Complete Costume Pack (was – £9.99/€12.99 now – £4.79/€5.99)
* Shaun White Snowboarding Mile High Pack (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £2.39/€2.99)
* HAZE Destruction Pack (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
* Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam (mini) (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £2.49/€2.99)
* Splinter Cell Essentials (PSP) (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
* Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs™ (PSP) (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
* Exit (PSP) (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £6.29/€7.99)
* Full Auto 2 Battle Lines (PSP) (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
* Crush (PSP) (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)

Downloadable Games

* Wakeboarding HD (£11.99/€14.99) Rating: PEGI 7

Availability: All locales
Trial and Unlock

* Brain Challenge (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 3

minis

* NormalTanks (£3.99/€3.49) Rating: PEGI 7

Add-On Game Content

* Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening Expansion (£31.99/€39.99) Rating: PEGI 18

* Need For Speed Shift – Exotic Racing Series (£7.99/€9.99) Rating: PEGI 3

* Dante’s Inferno – Relics Triple Pack (£2.39/€2.99) Rating: PEGI 18

Availability: Not available in Russia

* Dragon Ball: Raging Blast – Ultimate Warriors Pack 2 (free) Rating: PEGI 12

* Dark Void – Survivor Missions (£3.19/€3.99) Rating: PEGI 16

* Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce
o Additional Quests 1 (free)
o Additional Quests 2 (free)

Rating: PEGI 12

* Rock Band
o All Of This by Shaimus (£0.59/€0.79)
o Control by Mute Math (£0.99/€1.49)
o It’s Not My Time by 3 Doors Down (£0.99/€1.49)
o Lady Gaga’s ‘Poker Face (South Park Version) (£0.59/€0.79)
o Oh Yeah by The Subways (£0.59/€0.79)
o Rock & Roll Queen by The Subways (£0.99/€1.49)
o Lady Gaga Pack 01 (£3.49/€5.29)

(contains the following tracks which are also sold separately)

o Bad Romance (£0.99/€1.49)
o Just Dance (£0.99/€1.49)
o Monster (£0.99/€1.49)
o Poker Face (£0.99/€1.49)

Availability: Not available in Czech Republic, Greece, Luxembourg, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and UAE

* Guitar Hero 5
o Flogging Molly Track Pack (£4.39/€5.49)
o (No More) Paddy’s Lament (£1.59/€1.99)
o Requiem For A Dying Song (£1.59/€1.99)
o The Seven Deadly Sins (£1.59/€1.99)

(contains the following tracks which are also sold separately)

Availability: Not available in Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and United Arab Emirates

* Karaoke Revolution
o Beat It (£0.79/€0.99)
o Billie Jean (£0.79/€0.99)
o Born To Be Wild (£0.79/€0.99)
o California Dreamin’ (£0.79/€0.99)
o Girls Just Want To Have Fun (£0.79/€0.99)
o Lips Of An Angel (£0.79/€0.99)
o More Than A Feeling (£0.79/€0.99)
o Stickwitu (£0.79/€0.99)

Videos (free)

* Yakuza 3 Characters Of Yakuza 3 Trailer
* Yakuza 3 Locations In Yakuza 3 Trailer
* Section 8 Section 8 Cinematic Trailer
* Split/Second Shipyard Trailer

Dynamic Themes

* Heavy Rain™ Mars Dynamic Theme (£1.59/€1.99)

Premium Themes

* Disruptive Themes Atomic Blast (£1.19/€1.49)
* Disruptive Themes Clover Fractals (£1.19/€1.49)

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go
Special Offers (also available via the PS3 store)

(Available until the 1st of April)

* Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam (mini) (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £2.49/€2.99)
* Splinter Cell Essentials (PSP) (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
* Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs™ (PSP) (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
* Exit (PSP) (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £6.29/€7.99)
* Full Auto 2 Battle Lines (PSP) (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
* Crush (PSP) (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)

Downloadable Games (also available via the PS3 store)

* Patchwork Heroes (£6.29/€7.99)

Rating: PEGI 7

* Bomberman Land (£8.69/€10.99) Rating: PEGI 3

Availability: Not available in Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal and Russian Federation.

* Lego Batman: The Videogame (£15.19/€19.99) Rating: PEGI 7

Availability: Not available in Portugal and Russian Federation.

* Luxor: Pharaohs Challenge (£11.99/€14.99) Rating: PEGI 3

Availability: Not available in Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Russian Federation, Spain and Switzerland.

* Spongebob Squarepants: The Yellow Avenger (£11.99/€14.99)

Availability: Not available in Portugal.

* 7 Wonders Of The Ancient World (£11.99/€14.99)

Rating: PEGI 3

Availability: Not available in Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Russian Federation, Spain and Switzerland.

* Super Collapse! 3 (£11.99/€14.99) Rating: PEGI 3

* Undead Knights (£29.99/€34.99) Rating: PEGI 16

Availability: Not available in Germany.

* Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 (£29.99/€34.99) Rating: PEGI 16

Availability: Not available in Portugal.
Add-On Game Content

* Echoshift
o Shuttle Level Pack (free)
o Space Level Pack (free)

Rating: PEGI 3

* LittleBigPlanet PSP

* Metropolis Theme (£2.39/€2.99)
* Metropolis Costumes (free)

* Buzz! Quiz World – Rock Idol Quiz (£3.19/€3.99) Rating: PEGI 12

Availability: Not available in Czech Republic, Greece and Russian Federation.
minis (also available via the PS3 store)

* NormalTanks (£3.99/€3.49) Rating: PEGI 7

Thanks for the heads up about 1942 Joint Strike Rad. Was procrastinating at 7 quid or so but for this price it is a must.

i don't do much gaming. own an xbox 360 and only play fifa 10

however http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/639627/sony-playstation-3-ps3-slim-console

is this deal worth buying for these two games?

i don't spent much time playing games so i lose interest very quickly. this even happened with GTA, i probably only gave it 4 days of about 6 hours game play. I always revert back to the game i love best "football". I am generally rubbish at games (because i don't give them the time) but footy i will always give time to if it is a good game

anyways these two games on the ps3 actually look like games i would be interested playing. Are the worth buying a console for?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom