Sony PlayStation 3

Hey guys, does the PS3 controller work on a PC? I'm selling my 360 and buying a PS3, but it'll be easier to sell if I'm including two controllers instead of one, but I use one on my PC for games like PES and GTA.

A surprise sequel to a Sony game is going to be announced on Thursday, a 24 sequel gets my vote.

Dunno about it being fishy - Zune had a similar date leap year bug. So it sounds more like this could happen to anyone rather than they planned this to just screwed with the phats for a day.

The same happened to a German bank, rendering millions of credit (and/or debit) cards useless.

Hey guys, does the PS3 controller work on a PC? I'm selling my 360 and buying a PS3, but it'll be easier to sell if I'm including two controllers instead of one, but I use one on my PC for games like PES and GTA.

Yep, PS3 controller works perfectly in Windows. Vista and W7 have the drivers already, just plugs in through USB :)

RE Dags: the error code 80023102 - are you trying to add funds?

My brother had that yesterday if he tried to add funds of £10 or higher. but £5 worked okay.

My guess at the sequel is either Twisted metal or Medievil

PSN Store news...

Capcom has announced that it will release a demo for bike racer MotoGP 09/10 on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network on Thursday 4th March. That's tomorrow!

The demo will include previews of three game modes - Championsip, Time Trial and Arcade. Arcade "awards time extensions for executing skilful manoeuvres", it says here.

Also the Just Cause 2 demo this week.

Nope, I just loaded up the PSN Store, went into the "Latest" section and nothing loaded. Eventually that error pops up. Everywhere else on the store seemed fine though.

I just transferred about 90-100GB of data from my old 160GB PS3 to my new 250GB Slim PS3 via the data transfer utility which uses a wired ethernet connection. It said it should only take 1 hour 50 minutes but it ended up taking over 6 hours! But thankfully it copied everything including my locked saves from Heavy Rain, Killzone 2 etc.

Store Update for today

PlayStation Store via PS3
Special Offers

(Available until the 18th of March)

* Cellfactor: Psychokinetic Wars (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
* Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
* Age of Booty (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
* Far Cry 2 Fortunes Pack (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £2.39/€2.99)
* Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. Supremacy Pack (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99
* Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (PSP) (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
* Tom Clancy’s EndWar (PSP) (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
* Chessmaster: The Art Of Learning (PSP) (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)

Downloadable Games

* Vandal Hearts Flames of Judgement (£9.99/€12.99) Rating: PEGI 12

Availability: All locales
Demos (free)

* Just Cause 2 Demo Rating: PEGI 18

Availability: Not available in Germany

* Moto 09/10 Demo Rating: PEGI 3

Add-On Game Content

* Resident Evil 5
o Desperate Escape (£3.99/€4.99)
o Costume Pack 2 (£1.59/€1.99)

Rating: PEGI 18

* Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising – Overwatch Pack (£3.19/€3.99) Rating: PEGI 18

* Dante’s Inferno – Dark Forest (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 18

Availability: Not available in Russian Federation

* Race Driver GRID – Prestige Pack (£7.99/€9.99) Rating: PEGI 7

* Dragon Ball: Raging Blast – Ultimate Warriors Pack 1 (free) Rating: PEGI 12

* Karaoke Revolution
o (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman (£0.79/€0.99)
o Against All Odds (£0.79/€0.99)
o Ain’t No Mountain High Enough (£0.79/€0.99)
o Black Velvet (£0.79/€0.99)
o Breakaway (£0.79/€0.99)
o Build Me Up Buttercup (£0.79/€0.99)
o Call Me (£0.79/€0.99)
o Can’t Help Falling In Love (£0.79/€0.99)
o Careless Whisper (£0.79/€0.99)
o Celebration (£0.79/€0.99)
o Complicated (£0.79/€0.99)
o Crazy (£0.79/€0.99)
o Crazy Little Thing Called Love (£0.79/€0.99)
o Easy (£0.79/€0.99)
o Every Breath You Take (£0.79/€0.99)
o Heartbreak Hotel (£0.79/€0.99)
o Holiday (£0.79/€0.99)
o Hot Stuff (£0.79/€0.99)
o How Do I Live (£0.79/€0.99)
o How You Remind Me (£0.79/€0.99)
o If You Don’t Know Me By Now (£0.79/€0.99)
o It’s The End Of The World As We Know It (£0.79/€0.99)
o Lady Marmalade (£0.79/€0.99)
o Let’s Get It On (£0.79/€0.99)
o Material Girl (£0.79/€0.99)
o More Than Words (£0.79/€0.99)
o New York New York (£0.79/€0.99)
o Oops!…I Did It Again (£0.79/€0.99)
o Respect (£0.79/€0.99)
o Saving All My Love For You (£0.79/€0.99)
o Sittin’ On The Dock Of The Bay (£0.79/€0.99)
o Son Of A Preacher Man (£0.79/€0.99)
o Stand By Me (£0.79/€0.99)
o Straight Up (£0.79/€0.99)
o Sweet Home Alabama (£0.79/€0.99)
o Take On Me (£0.79/€0.99)
o These Words (£0.79/€0.99)
o Time After Time (£0.79/€0.99)
o Unfaithful (£0.79/€0.99)
o Uptown Girl (£0.79/€0.99)
o We Are Family (£0.79/€0.99)
o What Is Love? (£0.79/€0.99)
o You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling (£0.79/€0.99)

Rating: PEGI 12

* The Beatles: Rock Band – All You Need Is Love (£0.99/€1.49) Rating: PEGI 12

Availability: Not available in Czech Republic, Greece, Luxembourg, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and UAE

* Rock Band
o Downfall by Trust Company (£0.99/€1.49)
o Panic Switch by Silversun Pickups (£0.99/€1.49)
o Sort Of by Silversun Pickups (£0.99/€1.49)
o Third Floor Story by The Mother Hips (£0.99/€1.49)
o White Falcon Buzz by The Mother Hips (£0.99/€1.49)
o Disturbed Pack 02 (£2.49/€3.99)

(contains the following tracks which are also sold separately)
o Meaning of Life (£0.99/€1.49)
o The Game (£0.99/€1.49)
o Voices (£0.99/€1.49)

Availability: Not available in Czech Republic, Greece, Luxembourg, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and UAE

* Guitar Hero 5
o Blink-182 Track Pack (£4.39/€5.49)

o Adam’s Song (£1.59/€1.99)
o All the Small Things (£1.59/€1.99)
o First Date (£1.59/€1.99)

Availability: Not available in Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and United Arab Emirates
Videos (free)

* Fallout: New Vegas Tease
* Split Second Standstill Trailer
* Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West Announcement Trailer
* Bomberman Ultra Trailer

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go
Special Offers (also available via the PS3 store)

* Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (PSP) (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
* Chessmaster: The Art Of Learning (PSP) (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)

Demo (also available via the PS3 store) (free)

* Patchwork Heroes Demo Rating: PEGI 7

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

* Echoshift
o Pyramid Level Pack (free)
o Cave Level Pack (free)

Rating: PEGI 3

* Buzz!: Quiz World
o Sci-Fi Quiz (£3.19/€3.99)

Availability: Not available in Czech Republic, Greece and Russia

* LittleBigPlanet
o Superstar! Gold Rare Sticker (free)
o The Canyons Theme – Level Kit (£2.39/€2.99)
o The Canyons Theme – Costume (free)

Rating: PEGI 7

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/03/04/‘heads-up’-playstation-store-update-4th-march-2010/

SOCOM 4 by Zipper Interactive is the PS3 game that was announced. It will have both single player and 32 player online and will be available this autumn exclusive to PS3.

SOCOM 4 by Zipper Interactive is the PS3 game that was announced. It will have both single player and 32 player online and will be available this autumn exclusive to PS3.

damn, another war game! shit! shit! and shit! i was expecting something different...

All these many war games coming out to prepare the minds of young ones for a real war...

I want to live in peace and harmony.

I am not much into reading, but somehow I got to read nice information on your site. Simple to understand and helpful. We will look forward for your future updates.

Thanks
SuckFatOnes Services

Last edited by a moderator:
EA Sports Active is coming to the PS3 later this year, Day 1 purchase.

PlayStation Move

At last, Sony's new motion controller has a name. And it's not Arc or Gem, as you'll know if you read our live text blog or the rumours floating around the internet before the press conference even kicked off. As soon as it was over the audience flocked to the room next door, where Sony had set up 30 demo stations to show off the first batch of PlayStation Move games.

Eurogamer reporters Ellie Gibson and Oli Welsh were first in line. They were pushed out of the way by a lot of excitable Americans, but eventually they got to play all the games on the show floor. Oli had a go at the butcher titles (SOCOM 4, Sports Champions, Motion Fighter, The Shoot) while Ellie, obviously, was in charge of Women's Things (EyePet, Move Party, TV SuperStars and Brunswick Pro Bowling). Here's what they made of it all.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/playstation-move-hands-on

YouTube - PlayStation Move - PS3 Motion Controller GDC Video

Last edited:
Whats that?

Its a fitness game, kinda like Eyetoy Kinetic.

The motion controller software stinks of Wii so far, not impressed at all.

Last edited:
Looks lame so far, a bad version of the wii controls... And the game concepts they show are primitive at best. Very very poor by now.

To be fair, this is like judging the Wii based on Wii Sports alone. The Wii later on got some good games so we can only hope the PS3 will too. I know this seems like a copy of the Wiimote but why should we care if it produces good games?
I can already imagine what FPSs will be like with this. Anyone who has played Metroid Prime on the Wii will tell you that its the best control scheme that you can find for a first person shooter. The only thing lacking with the Wii was the fact that it wasnt truely next gen in terms of processing power and visuals. With Playstation Move you get the best of both worlds.

Looks lame so far, a bad version of the wii controls... And the game concepts they show are primitive at best. Very very poor by now.

How is it a "a bad version of the wii controls" when it's basically the same 1:1 as the wii?

They have more than just a few mini games and wii rip offs on the go too. By the sound of things Socom 4 works perfectly acceptable with the new controller - throw in the obvious tiger woods golf with motion controls and with the better graphics and PSN online you're looking at a way better game than what you can get on the wii. Resi 4 is supposed to be getting the motions add on.

The fighting game also looks like it could easily be tweaked into the next fight night game or adjusted to work on a MMA game.

Imagine the next Heavy Rain game with this control scheme - you'd now have both your hands to do things like aiming a gun in 1 hand and shining a torch with your left hand (which could also be used for games like silent hill) or like in HR the fight scenes would be related to your actual hands rather than just 'shake pad upwards' - so you'd have to move your left hand up to block with the characters left hand. I think it would offer way more immersion.

Last edited:
How is it a "a bad version of the wii controls" when it's basically the same 1:1 as the wii?

They have more than just a few mini games and wii rip offs on the go too. By the sound of things Socom 4 works perfectly acceptable with the new controller - throw in the obvious tiger woods golf with motion controls and with the better graphics and PSN online you're looking at a way better game than what you can get on the wii. Resi 4 is supposed to be getting the motions add on.

The fighting game also looks like it could easily be tweaked into the next fight night game or adjusted to work on a MMA game.

Imagine the next Heavy Rain game with this control scheme - you'd now have both your hands to do things like aiming a gun in 1 hand and shining a torch with your left hand (which could also be used for games like silent hill) or like in HR the fight scenes would be related to your actual hands rather than just 'shake pad upwards' - so you'd have to move your left hand up to block with the characters left hand. I think it would offer way more immersion.

A few things:

The controls are actually more responsive and accurate than the Wii Motion Plus. They were talking 1 frame of lag, which is the same as the normal controller. I could only see any lag in the street fighting game, which had a big flashing sign at the top of the screen saying Pre-Alpha code.

SOCOM 4 with this controller looked brilliant - the guy playing was able to track targets at least as swiftly as with a controller, which is pretty damn good for a relatively new system without auto-aim.

It's Resi 5 getting the controls patched in ;) So is Heavy Rain. In fact, given how well the SOCOM demo and the gladiator game went I would expect a lot of games to be applying some sort of patch around launch time.

This conference was about showing the controller itself, not so much the games. All the games that were on show in the conference itself were, with two exceptions (LBP and SOCOM), designed by Sony Liverpool. A lot will have been held back for E3, that much is certain.

Last edited:
‘Heads-Up’ PlayStation Store Update (11th March 2010)

PlayStation Store via PS3
Special Offers

* Cellfactor: Psychokinetic Wars (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
* Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
* Age of Booty (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
* Far Cry 2 Fortunes Pack (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £2.39/€2.99)
* Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. Supremacy Pack (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99

Downloadable Games

* Mega Man 10 (£7.99/€9.99) Rating: PEGI 7

minis

* Ice Road Truckers (£2.49/€2.99) Rating: PEGI 3

* Rocket Racing (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 16

PSOne Classics

* Airboat Racing (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 3

Availability: Not available in Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Russian Federation, Spain and Switzerland

* Jigsaw Madness (£3.99/€4.99)

Rating: PEGI 3

Availability: Not available in Australia, New Zealand, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Russian Federation, Spain and Switzerland

* Junior League Soccer (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 3

Availability: Not available in Australia, New Zealand, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Russian Federation, Spain and Switzerland

* Sorcerer’s Maze (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 3

* SuperStar Dance Club (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 3

Demos (free)

* Resident Evil 5 (re-release) Rating: PEGI 18

Availability: Not available in Germany and New Zealand
Add-On Game Content

* Resident Evil 5 – Untold Stories Bundle (£10.49/€11.25) Rating: PEGI 18

* Dragon Age: Origins – Return to Ostagar (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 18

* Bioshock 2 – Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack (£3.19/€3.99) Rating: PEGI 18

* LittleBigPlanet – St. Patrick’s Day Costume (free) Rating: PEGI 7

* EyePet – Clown Styling Pack (£2.39/€2.99) Rating: PEGI 3

* Rock Band
o Decent Days and Nights by The Futureheads (£0.99/€1.49)
o Hounds of Love by The Futureheads (£0.99/€1.49)
o The Hockey Theme by Neil Peart (£0.59/€0.79)
o Tie You Down by Shaimus (£0.59/€0.79)
o Walk Away by James Gang (£0.99/€1.49)
o White Falcon Fuzz by The Mother Hips (£0.99/€1.49)
o The White Stripes Pack 02 (£2.49/€3.99)

o Fell In Love with a Girl (£0.99/€1.49)
o Seven Nation Army (£0.99/€1.49)
o You Don’t Know What Love Is (£0.99/€1.49)
o Roadrunner Records Pack 01 (5 track re-release) (£4.99/€7.99)

* Guitar Hero 5
o OK Go Track Pack (£4.39/€5.49)

o Do What You Want (£1.59/€1.99)
o Get Over It (£1.59/€1.99)
o Here It Goes Again (£1.59/€1.99)

Availability: Not available in Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and United Arab Emirates
Videos (free)

* Dante’s Inferno Treachery Development Diary
* Split/Second Powerplay Trailer
* Ghost Recon Future Soldier Announcement Trailer
* Dragon Age: Origins Awakening Trailer
* Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Launch Trailer
* Way of the Samurai Launch Trailer
* God of War III Revenge Trailer
* Patchwork Heroes Trailer

Themes

* Assassin’s Creed II Master Assassin Theme
* Bioshock 2 The Official Theme

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go
Special Offers (also available via the PS3 store)

Downloadable Games (also available via the PS3 store)

* Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake (£11.99/€14.99) Rating: PEGI 12

* The Eye of Judgement Legends (£16.99/€26.99) Rating: PEGI 12

* Dissidia: Final Fantasy (£19.99/€24.99) Rating: PEGI 12

Availability: Not available in Russian Federation

* MYST (£15.99/€19.99) Rating: PEGI 3

Availability: Not available in Portugal and Russian Federation

* After Burner: Black Falcon (£13.99/€17.99) Rating: PEGI 7

* Platypus (£11.99/€14.99) Rating: PEGI 3

Availability: Not available in Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Russian Federation, Spain and Switzerland

* Rengoku: The Tower of Purgatory (£8.69/€10.99)

Availability: Not available in Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal and Russian Federation

* Spongebob’s Truth or Square (£23.99/€29.99) Rating: PEGI 3

Availability: Not available in Portugal

* Street Riders (£15.99/€19.99) Rating: PEGI 16

Availability: Not available in Greece, Ireland, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates
minis (also available via the PS3 store)

* Ice Road Truckers (£2.49/€2.99) Rating: PEGI 3

* Rocket Racing (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 16

PSOne Classics (also available via the PS3 store)

* Airboat Racing (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 3

* Jigsaw Madness (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 3

* Junior League Soccer (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 3

* Sorcerer’s Maze (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 3

* SuperStar Dance Club (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 3

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

* Echoshift – Ocean Level Pack (free) Rating: PEGI 3

* Echoshift – Snow Level Pack (free) Rating: PEGI 3

Videos

* Patchwork Heroes Trailer
* Tekken 6 PSP Trailer

I agree about the ball. It looks a bit slapdash.

But hey, it can change colour! I can see that being used in games quite cleverly - for a missile lock indicator, or torchlight, for example.

Back
Top Bottom