Sony PlayStation 3

If I'm not mistaken, the error should be produced ONLY if you turn on your console TODAY. So, if I have an old model but I don't power it up today, tomorrow there's a possibility it will work... crossing fingers...

my slim is working fine, but what a stupid bug and how couldn´t sony realize that before, i hope the system fix it by himself tomorow or else will be a big headache for sony!

My brother's 60GB doesn't sign into PSN automatically but his clock has changed and it seems to have corrupted trophies maybe? FIFA seems to play okay but Smackdown says "Reinstalling trophies" and sits there on 10%.

Apparantly NFS:Shift doesn't work either.

My 40GB is also down. I unplugged the network cable and switched it on without any internet connection to see if that worked and the clock still changed. Then when I plugged in the internet connection, I get the error.

No way around it I'm afraid.

Mythbusted drekkard.

p.s. on another note I booted up my PSP and PS2 today and they seem to be fine (clock-wise and PSN wise). Even the PSP works fine online. Another next-gen fail it seems.

They're saying its the internal clock that is glitching so even if your console is off - the internal clock has already counted ahead to today's date and glitched.

It's going to happen anyway whether you turn it on or not. The best thing you can do is not play anything so that your save files/trophies have no chance of corrupting.

Hopefully, this time tomorrow it'll all be sorted.

340x.jpg

As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.

We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:

* The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
* When the user tries to sign in to the PlayStation Network, the following
message appears on the screen; “An error has occurred. You have been
signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)”.
* When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears
on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; “Failed to install
trophies. Please exit your game.”
* When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the
Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date
and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”
* Users are not able to play back certain rental video downloaded from the
PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

As mentioned above, please be advised that the new slim PS3 is not affected with this error. We are doing our best to resolve the issue and do apologize for any inconvenience caused.

For the latest status on this situation please continue to check either the PlayStation.Blog or PlayStation.com.

Utter balls-up and so shoddy for a company as large as Sony to make a mistake on this scale. If it IS a mistake that is, I'm wondering if BillyBoy might be talking some truth regarding the George Hotz hack...

IT FIXED ITSELF JUST LIKE THEY SAID IT WOULD! PRAISE BE TO OPRAH WINFREY! ITS A RESURRECTION! PS3SUS!

Agreed Dags, Just seems fishy for a corporation as big as Sony to mess things up on that large of a scale.

Good job its sorted though :))

Dunno about it being fishy - Zune had a similar date leap year bug. So it sounds more like this could happen to anyone rather than they planned this to just screwed with the phats for a day.

Got the game pre ordered, will use the You tube feature religiously.

Same. Pre-ordered the limited edition from ShopTo for £36.85. The demo will be out on PSN on Thursday too.

Anyone else getting error 80023102 when trying to browse the latest PSN content?

Back
Top Bottom