Sony PlayStation 3

Winter Wonderland Coming To Home

December and the winter season of festivities is just around the corner. What else is just around the corner? The opening of our Winter Wonderland festival space! From the 10th of December you’ll be invited to a snowy location filled with elves, presents, Santa’s grotto and more! Wait, presents? Yes – that means free stuff!

4147096310_6e9c7a1878.jpg

Final preparations are underway, however some of Santa’s helpers seem a bit … well, less than useful. Santa and his elves will need your help to complete the preparations and make sure this festival is one to remember. Never fear, though, these preparations involve fun and frivolity, as well as some great rewards for your hard work. With your help the Wonderland will evolve over time into a magical space to visit this festive season.

4147096262_cd039decfd.jpg

There will be plenty to do, so make sure you keep coming back frequently to find out what Santa and his elves need next. You wouldn’t want to miss out on opening a present, or taking part in one of the task mini-games, now would you? While you’re there make sure to browse the winter market, and don’t forget to get your picture taken by the photo elf. He’ll even throw in a special festive border!

Bought a slimline today and the cheapest deal they had on was a new 120 gig slimline ps3 with Wipeout HD Fury or at the same price a new slimline 120 gig and no extra games.

huh?

There have been some decent deals for the 250gb Slim, the 120 deals have looked very poor really.

Yeah I saw lots of different bundles of 250 giggers with games or movies or a mix of both but I just wanted the cheapest box with a console and then I spent the extra on an extended warranty. The 250 gig bundles didn't really have any games I would want though either. It was all fifa uncharted 2 and a movie or uncharted, batman and fifa. But I've had them all already.

New SingStar patch is out.

Features Revised in Version 4.30

Fixes stability issues experienced by some users.
SingStore On Demand.
Support for common USB microphones
Added 'Download All' to SingStore purchase history.
Link to favourite media from My SingStar Online profile.
Transfer club leadership.
Link to song purchase from online media.
Updated SingStore shop front
System User names available in profile selection.

Although it seems this patch is buggy as well:

The main problem is songs downloaded between September 2008 and April 2009 don't work under the new patch. Deleting and redownloading those songs solves the issue. Alternatively, if you don't want to redownload songs and you have multiple discs, you can upgrade one disc to 4.30 (so you can shop online) and keep the other at 4.21 (for playing all the songs). Whichever option you choose will depend on how many songs you potentially have to redownload and if you have internet download limits.

Last edited by a moderator:
James Cameron's Avatar FREE Weapon Pack DLC Codes (PS3)

If you like to pick off your enemies from afar you can make use of the Standard Issue Rifle, the high speed Rail Gun, or even take out whole groups with your specialized Crossbow darts. If you prefer to get up close and personal, try out the deadly Axe, the lethal Dual Blades, or even a powerful Shotgun.

http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/avatar-ps3/?part=rss&tag=gs_playstation_3&subj=6242005

I booted up Super Stardust HD tonight for the first time since I got the Slim and the trophies for the game have reset. Has this happened to anyone else with the two?

My trophies just for Bejewelled were reset the other day when i first booted the slim and synced all of my trophies. I unlocked 2 of them all again but then this morning I looked at them at they were all unlocked like on the other console.

I used my UK VISA debit card directly on the US store via billing management and managed to purchase Braid last Thursday for $15. I added the funds to my wallet via $5 increments. Worked perfectly and I dont need to order PSN cards or use Entropay anymore! :)

Just bringing back this post ... how did you manage to use your UK card? When I enter my card details, I can only input a US address and then the card details are invalid I'm told.

New firmware enables people to play PSP Minis on the PS3 ... Pinball Dreams and Pinball Fantasies :WOOT:

Sony's unveiled a new SingStar Viewer application that lets anyone browse the SingStore and MySingStarOnline community, the point being that you will not need a SingStar disc to do so.

Sony no doubt hopes buyers ignorant to SingStar's charms will be won over as they watch amateur singers belt out Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart" with their friends.

The SingStar Viewer, once installed, will live under the Games menu on the XMB.

Pop over to the European PlayStation blog for a video of the viewer in action.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/12/14/singstar-viewer-–-coming-soon/

It's a much neater machine, the only thing I think is noisier this time is the disc actually going into the machine. But what they have done is pretty impressive.

Yeah I got my slim the other week and it's near silent. Well not silent but when I compare the noise to the phat ps3 its night and day. No noisy disc spin moments like on Fifa anymore... and like Holio mentioned the loudest noise is the discs being ejected and going into the machine.

My phat used to kick out some real heat as well. I had some games stacked by it one time and after playing for a while I turned the machine off and went to move the stack of games and the boxes and the area they were in was really warm. But I've not noticed any heat from the slim line.

Introducing Sodium One: The Next Evolution of PlayStation Home

Today marks the next evolutionary step of the PlayStation Home platform, as we release a massive 50 level vehicle combat game wrapped inside a highly-interactive and expansive social gaming environment known as Sodium One– a truly revolutionary gaming experience developed by Outso Ltd. and published by Lockwood Publishing Ltd. This entertainment event, set in a future of advanced technology where man and machine meet on a vast salt plain to turn deadly battle into extreme sport, resides only in the ever-growing world of PlayStation Home. And come opening day, you will want to be the first person in. That is, of course, if you want to be the last person standing.

Read More + video
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...d&utm_campaign=Feed:+PSBlog+(PlayStation.Blog)

It's a much neater machine, the only thing I think is noisier this time is the disc actually going into the machine. But what they have done is pretty impressive.

Yeah I got my slim the other week and it's near silent. Well not silent but when I compare the noise to the phat ps3 its night and day. No noisy disc spin moments like on Fifa anymore... and like Holio mentioned the loudest noise is the discs being ejected and going into the machine.

My phat used to kick out some real heat as well. I had some games stacked by it one time and after playing for a while I turned the machine off and went to move the stack of games and the boxes and the area they were in was really warm. But I've not noticed any heat from the slim line.

Thanks to both of you.

I remember how impressed I was when I replaced my PS2 with a PStwo, how well packaged and quiet it was. If the Slim PS3 is even half as impressive a transformation as that was then I'll love it.

My only real concern is losing the backwards compatability but I've still got the slim PS2, so that's not really a problem.

It's a shame how loud my current 60gb has gotten, 'cause when I first got it, it was near silent. Mums complaining about the energy bills as well and the new one uses a lot less doesn't it?

I know it uses less Watts, as everything is smaller now, PSU included; I just aint sure how less power is uses.

If you registered for the US Modnation Racers beta check your email, I got a code today.

Turn the ps3 off and then on again and it will return.

-

I didn't get a modnation racers code but they sent me some crap theme instead :(

==

NEWS

Play, Create, Share

Get behind the wheel of PlayStation's latest creative gaming title. ModNation Racers is exclusive to the PlayStation 3 system and is a thoroughly fresh take on classic kart racing that empowers the player to personalize their entire game. Enjoy endless karting fun, where you can shoot, boost & drift your way to the finish line.

Come back on Friday, December 18th at 10:00am PT to grab one of 2,000 keys we're giving away for the beta! This beta focuses on Online play, and does not include Career mode or Multiplayer split screen. Offer is for North American residents only, and requires a PSN account.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Offer open to North American GameSpot members 13 and older. This offer may be modified at any time without notice. Offer expires the earlier of 1/10/10 or when beta keys supplies end.
Beta Keys will be available in

0 days 9 hours 36 minutes 47 seconds

http://uk.gamespot.com/event/codes/modnation/?tag=topslot;thumb;4

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom