Sony PlayStation 3

Planet Minigolf Beta Update

Thank you for signing up on the Planet Minigolf Beta. We are appreciating your
interest in ZEN Studio's upcoming game. The Beta is starting soon with a limited
number of players, and you still have chance to be amongst them! You can improve
your chances further by registering on www.zenstudios.com forums and sending
back your forum account to 'beta@zenstudios.com'. Beta applications will be
evaluated soon, so hurry up with the forum registration and check your mailbox
on a regular basis for new information.

-----
Direct Forum link
http://195.56.170.66/forum/

Facebook, Gamercard colors in next PS3 FW update

http://scrawlfx.com/2009/11/rumor-facebook-gamercard-colors-in-next-ps3-fw-update

A source close to Sony has told Eurogamer that yes, Facebook is heading to PS3.

The images of the service that appeared on the PlayStation website - caught by Scrawl before removal - were posted by mistake, we're told.

The official Sony UK PR line is that there will be more information on this "very shortly".

Could Sony introduce Facebook to PS3 before Microsoft can to Xbox 360? Live, remember, gains Last.fm, Twitter and Facebook as part of a social update sometime this autumn period.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/facebook-confirmed-for-ps3

Thanks, I'm not touching the game until a patch is out, too long enough for Sony to give me my songs back when I bought a Slim.

EDIT: Is PSN down? I keep getting signed out.

Last edited:
PlayStation 3 Firmware (v3.10) Update Preview

Hi everyone, here’s an early peek at PlayStation 3 (PS3) firmware update (v3.10). The latest update incorporates Facebook into the PS3 experience. By linking your PlayStation Network account to your Facebook account, you will have the option for the PS3 to automatically update your Facebook News Feed with Trophy and PlayStation Store activity. This update also enables developers to set specific criteria in their titles to publish additional game information to your News Feed. You can then check out your updates, and those of your friends, on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media favorites through the PS3’s built-in web browser.

This is just the beginning of our integration with Facebook and we are looking forward to adding new features enhancing the experience in future updates.

Additional highlights from update 3.10 include:

* The Photo category on the XMB has been revamped to make it easier to see more of your photos stored on the PS3.
* The PSN Friends List has been modified based on feedback we received after update 3.00. Additionally, you can now choose a color for your PSN ID on the XMB.

To get a preview of what’s coming in update 3.10, check out the video below:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed

--

- Before JM jumps in asking about cross game chat. This isn't sony's next big update (that's still set for 2010 so they say) - this is just a small update that adds a few options here and there based on the feedback they took on the forums when the last update came.

====

Last week Sainsbury's were almost single-handedly responsible for the dismal Modern Warfare 2 launch events in the UK. The official launch center for the game saw only 5 people turn up at midnight, most likely because Sainsbury's was offering the game for less than half price.

It seems that Sainsbury's is continuing this market onslaught, by cutting the price of all Sony and Nintendo hardware by 20%. This meant that the PS3 was available for just £199. Unfortunately, due to immense demand, the PS3 is now out of stock, but if you haven't already got a PS3, make sure you click the "Email me when in stock" button.

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/sho...&network_id=cj&source=cj&affiliate_id=3641043

Last edited:
http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/16/...begins-this-thursday-with-firmware/#continued

FB sharing sounds shit really, I very much doubt anyone on my friends list are bothered about me getting a trophy or downloading a demo.

Not much different to the kind of crap everyone on my friends list add to their status's. Replace the words 'game, demo and trophy unlocked' with 'eating this food' or 'hate my job' or 'clubbing tonight!' or some comment about something that was on tv.

Well the latest update on my Facebook is that someone has just had a Wispa Gold ... so I guess you're right :LOL:

Well if you add cretins as friends it will end up like that, you should hide people who post that sort of garbage from your feed. They can then type away innate mundane crap or update every 10 mins in gangster language and it will all just vanish into the ether from your point of view.

Where's the best place to get US PSN cards? eBay?

New Entropay accounts don't work with PSN and I'm out of options...

Where's the best place to get US PSN cards? eBay?

New Entropay accounts don't work with PSN and I'm out of options...

I used my UK VISA debit card directly on the US store via billing management and managed to purchase Braid last Thursday for $15. I added the funds to my wallet via $5 increments. Worked perfectly and I dont need to order PSN cards or use Entropay anymore! :)

I used my UK VISA debit card directly on the US store via billing management and managed to purchase Braid last Thursday for $15. I added the funds to my wallet via $5 increments. Worked perfectly and I dont need to order PSN cards or use Entropay anymore! :)
Damn it, I've tried this myself thinking it should work, but it didn't work for me. Same with countless others if you Google it. :(

Thanks for the links guys, I'll check them out.

Sony appears to be considering a subscription model for PlayStation Network that would sit alongside the existing free membership.

Such a manouevre would bring PS3 in line with Xbox Live, which offers a premium Gold subscription and free Silver membership.

"SCE will further increase sales by offering users new entertainment through the combination of hardware, software, peripheral and PlayStation Network," said PlayStation head Kaz Hirai in a statement.

"Especially in the online area, we are studying the possibility of introducing a subscription model, offering premium content and services, in addition to the current free services."

Sony referred to the PlayStation Network as "gaining momentum" in a new presentation spotted in a dark corner of the internet (by VG247).

The same document mentioned a "new revenue stream from subscription" under the PlayStation Network tab, and also talked of reiterated Sony's plan to support 3D on all consoles via a firmware update.

That'd put an end to the PS3 pro of free online then.

I doubt they'll ever charge for online, Qore is a subscription service and the PAL version should be out soon...

Back
Top Bottom