Sony PlayStation 3

Found this on the EU PS£ Forums

Just stumbled across this and if you register on the official(?) DivX site you entitled to a free movie download which you can transfer to your PS3.

http://moviepromo.divx.com

If you see this message

original

Then you have to download the 25 second long registration video and put it on your PS3 and then play it.

--

How do I find my PS3 DivX VOD code?

It's under System Settings on the XMB.

Last edited:
GT5 is a sim, a need another arcade racer, its going to be a while before the next Burnout.

I Split/Second doesn't turn out to be shit.

Sony has begun a weird viral campaign based around The Game: a collection of web-based mini-games and quizzes that are supposed to trigger lots of blabber about PS3.

Get yourself over to The Game website, enter an email address, pick a name and choose a team - either A or B - to begin. Then plough through quizzes and mini-games (pool simulators, target games, various speed/skill tests) until you feel bold enough to challenge a friend with a compilation of your own devising.

This viral attack will last a year and aims to - oh, here we go - represent the four different aspects of the PS3 experience. You can't play on PS3, though, only check Team A's and Team B's standings.

"Like PS3, which inspired it, The Game is easy to understand, to play and to share with friends. It's giving people a taste of the world of PS3 - an ever-changing world that's open to everybody - a world shaped by players' passions and where the game is just the start," said Mark Bowles, European product manager for PS3.

http://www.ps3-thegame.com/

damm that sucks. why is consoles soo unreliable compared to a modern gaming pc? is it because of the air flow and size of a pc machine matched with a console?

With a pc, you get good direct air cooling using fans and heatsinks while in a console you get only one fan extracting hot air out and just a heatsink cooling the cpu and gpu.

Not to mention little to no air flow ventilation in a console case. Would you guys prefered a console thats twice the size that offers reliability or are you happy to sacrafice the risk of your consoles breaking just so that your console is of reasonable size?

damm that sucks. why is consoles soo unreliable compared to a modern gaming pc? is it because of the air flow and size of a pc machine matched with a console?

With a pc, you get good direct air cooling using fans and heatsinks while in a console you get only one fan extracting hot air out and just a heatsink cooling the cpu and gpu.

Not to mention little to no air flow ventilation in a console case. Would you guys prefered a console thats twice the size that offers reliability or are you happy to sacrafice the risk of your consoles breaking just so that your console is of reasonable size?
I would now...:P

I think it's a laser problem Nick, as for a fix, I have no clue lad, maybe another PS Owner could tell you more or help you out.

I'd flog it at CEX I think Nick or trade in for a new Slim at Game or somewhere similar, it'd boot a game for them and bingo bango, get yourself a nice non shiny new Slim, they are thE sEx! Really neat little machine and very quiet. Just my views mate.

I got a code but when I booted it up I was greeted with a black screen and my PS3 froze.

No code here, but then I didn't sign up for their forum after they sent me another email saying I stood a better chance if I did. Seemed like a low way of getting people onto your site and not something I agree with doing.

I got a code but when I booted it up I was greeted with a black screen and my PS3 froze.

I have the same on my PS3 but if I boot it up on a different profile it works fine. The game is a bit meh though. It's not 'crazy golf' enough for me. It's just basic shapes and obstacles - no windmills or giant apes. Very basic really.

Update about the locking up golf beta

"It only locks up if you have other 50 friends.

They recommend either deleting some friends, playing on another account or signing out of PSN"

I'd flog it at CEX I think Nick or trade in for a new Slim at Game or somewhere similar, it'd boot a game for them and bingo bango, get yourself a nice non shiny new Slim, they are thE sEx! Really neat little machine and very quiet. Just my views mate.

think i might trade mine in if it's any quieter than the beast under my tv.

just out of curiosity, do i need the original box if i trade it in? or can i just trade in literally the console and the power adapter?

Depending on where you go, you may get a bit more if the original box and items are included too.

EDIT: That Golf beta is shocking.

Last edited:
yea. i love playstation! by the way, When creating a website, I select a specific font but after posting the font it only goes to a default font when viewed from a computer other than my own.

Funny my disc drive has been playing up this week as well and today I thi k it's finally give up all hope. When playing MW2 i'll be okay for a while but when i die and the game tries to load the checkpoint it hangs.

and on other games ive been having random lock ups when the console is attempting to load say a new level or piece of music.

Back
Top Bottom