Sony PlayStation 3

Just your save files really.

Make sure you 'deactivate' your account in account management on your 60gb before wiping it clean otherwise you'll lose one of your 5 system activation limits.

Probably trading for a slim in next few days too.
I've read all this stuff about Fat32? I'm not bothered about music and photos I have saved as I now use the media streaming from PC.

My external HD already has loads of stuff on it so I'm not going to format it to Fat32!

If I just copy game saves and any game data, can I just chuck that on my "non Fat32" external HD and then xfer back to new slim PS3?

I'll redownload any demos I want as I hardly touch them anyway. I presume I just log in as my existing accounts to be able to access already downloaded stuff?

I then De-activate and format drive before it goes back?

Sorry for being thick but if anybody can answer some of my queries I'd be very grateful.

Cheers!

You can transfer the game saves/files from the external HDD to the Slim without reformatting it to Fat32, that's what I did.

My old ps3 60gig died on me and I logged into my new slim on a different account (don't ask me why or how?), can I get my old nick_cave tag back... :CRY:

Told you how long ago to get shot of that POS lad, only yourself to blame. Anyhow, you can just recover your account on the new machine.

Told you how long ago to get shot of that POS lad, only yourself to blame. Anyhow, you can just recover your account on the new machine.

:CRY:
That you did and did I listen...:BRICK:

It died with a rented game in it so I had to open her up, she is in bits now, everywhere I ring for repairs just tut when I tell them what happened and make kerrching noise... :(

This explain your disappearance from Evo Web as well then Nick?

On a more PS orientated question, WarHawk is on offer on the PSN atm, what do other PS3 owners think of it? I bought Burnout Paradise as it's on offer too, just so it's there on my HDD, but WTF didnt EA or Criterion add all the patches and add-ons to the DL, my PS3 is off DLin again now as it had 5 updates to do, to add to the 3Gb of the actual game.

That is harsh, one of those updates is about 800mb if I remember correctly.

Tis not being harsh Tobi, no harsh words at all, just a question, Why ta Funk didnt they just add the updates to the initial Download of the game. It's not as if someone can access that without being able to Download the game, so just throw it all in there.

I meant EA/Criterion were being harsh by making people download the updates instead of adding it to the game.

Re: What are good games?

So, I just moved to Alabama, and we have playstation 3 here. I don't know what games to get. We have GH3, Condemned 2, Little Big Planet, Prince of persia, resident evil 5, and some more 1st person games, but we're looking for something to get that has a good replay value. I wanted to get Soul Calibur but my friend doesn't. lol we just don't know what to get. we also want a game that can play more than 2 players. Help

Fallout 3

Tekken 6 if your friend doesnt fancy Soul Caliber but you still want a fighting game or Street Fighter IV. MotorStorm Pacific Rift allows for split screen racing. Modern Warfare 2 also allows FPS Split screen gaming. I'm not too sure about any other games bar Sports Series which will allow 2 player on the same screen.

EDIT: Lego games allow 2 players and an awful lot of replay value if your going to collect every single thing on them, probably make you go crazy doing so though. Star Wars, Batman and a couple of Indy game to take your pick.

Last edited:
This explain your disappearance from Evo Web as well then Nick?

On a more PS orientated question, WarHawk is on offer on the PSN atm, what do other PS3 owners think of it? I bought Burnout Paradise as it's on offer too, just so it's there on my HDD, but WTF didnt EA or Criterion add all the patches and add-ons to the DL, my PS3 is off DLin again now as it had 5 updates to do, to add to the 3Gb of the actual game.

I bought it on launch and loved it. I'm not sure how well it would hold up today after playing other online games like Battlefield and MW2. I made this video yonks ago of the game showing off anything cool that happened while playing. The quality is rubbish as back then I had a terrible cap card but it shows off the game. It's pretty cool to be driving along in a tank and then seeing the warhawks flying overhead shooting at each other or people on the ground. But you'll get basically the same from Battlefield 1943 (I'm not sure what price that is currently).

Warhawk Highlights

Last edited:
My PS3 will not read games now and on the off-chance it does read games it freezes suddenly. I really do not want to ring Sony knowing they'll offer me a refurb when for a bit more money I could purchase a new slim. However what is the best way to back up your game saves?

I'm backing up my ps3 now ready to trade tomorrow.
Somebody mentioned on here about de-allocating logins from the PS3. How do I do that?

I've deleted the billing info already but before I take it to shop, should I do a full restore to original settings too?

de-allocating logins from the PS3. How do I do that?

Go into your account management and then select to 'deactive' the game and if you can the video tabs.

Sony's announced a 22nd January starting date for the European ModNation Racers beta.

There are a 100,000 places available for testers, and those will be given to people who log on to the PlayStation Store this Thursday and download the beta client.

Be quick, as after 100,000 downloads, the ModNations Racers beta client will disappear from the PS Store.

Gain entry and four pre-made courses await, two of which are exclusive to Europe. You can also get busy with the game's creation tools and dream up characters, karts and alpine-themed courses.

The European ModNations Racers beta will end on Valentine's Day: 14th February.

Cheers for that Rad.

I got my slim lunchtime. 250gb with UC2 and Infamous. Straight to next game shop and traded them in as I'm not interested in them at all. So, I basically got a 250gb for the price of a 120gb.

Anyway, I will load the 5 logins back onlater and then restore.

Will each game save re-allocate to teh correct login then? or is there another way to do it??

Hope it's simple as my kids will go nuts otherwise.

Any advice anyone?

Thanks in advance!

If the ModNation Racers is the same as the US beta then I won't bother, I stopped playing the latter because of the horrendous load times.

I meant the overall cost if you had to pay in cash without any trade ins. £260? etc

EDIT: Bought a Slim today, updated to 3.15 however when I try to sign in onto the PSN it comes up with Error has occurred 80023017

Last edited:
I meant the overall cost if you had to pay in cash without any trade ins. £260? etc

EDIT: Bought a Slim today, updated to 3.15 however when I try to sign in onto the PSN it comes up with Error has occurred 80023017

Ah. £285 with 2 games. UC2 & Infamous. Boring to me though so they already gone...

Great. Prob happen to me too now. Re-download is only thing I can suggest.

Re-download what?

the firmware. its happened to me too and i dont know what to dp! anyone got suggestions?

EDIT: - just found this...

All,

Please be aware that the PlayStation Network will undergo scheduled maintenance today from 16:00 GMT.

During the maintenance, you will still be able to sign-in to the PlayStation Network provided that you have signed in recently (eg: within the past month). However, you may experience an unexpected sign out towards 21:00 tonight when we restart our systems. Also: Account Registration, Account Management and the PlayStation Store will be unavailable for the entirity of the maintenance.

Maintenance will take place between:

16:00 – 0100 Tuesday 12th Jan – Wednesday 13th Jan

Think that clears it up. I was trying to reasign my account by looging into PS Network as existing user...

Oh well, will try again tomorrow and watch Cardiff v Wurzels on TV tonight instead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom