Sony PlayStation 3

Does anyone know if its possible to stream a feed (live and as live) from my laptop to my PS3?

I think you can using Tversity,

Heres the link - http://www.myp2pforum.eu/sopcast/16445-sopcast-ps3.html

I played sopcast, TVants, UUSEE channels on my PS3.

It is simple, follow these steps:

1 - Install Sopcast, and download program called TVersity and install it.

2 - Install VideoLAN - VLC media player VideoLAN - Free Software and Open Source video streaming solution for every OS!

3 - Open SopCast and select the chanel. Wait sopcast show the channel

4 - Open VLC with this command line (use command prompt):
"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" -vvv http://127.0.0.1:8902/tv.asf --sout "#std{access=mmsh,mux=asfh,dst=:1234}"

5 - Go to TVersity and add that Video URL --> mms://127.0.0.1:1234

6 - Go on PS3, make sure Tversity is setup to work with PS3 properly, If needed help use the link provided (TVersity Quick Start Guide), then goto Video and then your Media Servers name on the PS3, select it then select Video URL

Now you can play sopcast channels on your PS3, XBOX360, Iphone, PSP, etc...

TVANTS

Run TVAnts

Check Properties by right clicking on video

Copy the URL

Paste into command prompt first and then later into Tversity (example...UFC is http://localhost:16900/16.asf, then paste that into command prompt line and then

paste mms://localhost:16900/16.asf into Tversity) Different channels have diffent http's.

"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" -vvv http://localhost:16900/16.asf --sout "#std{access=mmsh,mux=asfh,dst=:1234}"

Works great.

UUSEE

Run UUSEE

Paste into command prompt first and then later into Tversity (mms://127.0.0.1:90 into Tversity)

"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" -vvv mms://127.0.0.1:90 --sout "#std{access=mmsh,mux=asfh,dst=:1234}"

Go on PS3, make sure Tversity is setup to work with PS3 properly, If needed help use the link provided (TVersity Quick Start Guide), then goto Video and then your Media Servers name on the PS3, select it then select Video URL

Works great.

I'm thinking of getting a PS3, to go with the 360 I've already got.

Anyone got any tips where I can get the best deal for one from and which model I should get, considering the gaming will probably be split equally between my 360 and PS3?

To be honest all the usual suspects online have good deals in place, its just a matter of choice.

Do you lot have your PS3's wireless or wired? I've always had mine wireless but after downloading Heavy rain all night and only been at 38%, I stuck it on wired and it flew.

Wirednow. It's a little faster but not much different. Certainly a more stable connection when playing online anyway.

spent some money on a 120 gig slim yesterday, needed a bluray player anyway and sort of missed the console :)

what did i miss since i sold my old 60 gig a year ago? i am going to order uncharted 1&2, brutal legend which i have not played on the 360 and little big planet i have not tried yet.

anything else that is a MUST play? :)

As in exclusives only?

Erm... I don't know.... MUST play... Uncharted 2 would probably be my only pick.

Others maybe worth a look for different reasons...

Infamous
Killzone 2
Demon’s Soul

do not have to be exclusives, loads i have not played on the xbox either so whatever is really good could be worth a look for me :)

yeah infamous was on my list and i totally forgot about it, thanks

Well I know the new Slim's seem to work faster wireless than the older original PS3's, well that's what I have noticed in my experience. Maybe they upgraded the wireless in the newer machines.

can't wait to set up tversity and stream hd files to the ps3, was awesome in the past but i did not have wifi back then so now it's just going to be superb, at least that is what i hope :D

I was wondering about that an all, I was wondering what is the best programme to Rip DVD too and then stream or move it onto my PS3, it has a 250Gb HDD, so lots of room, really want to put my Arrested Development and Seinfeld Boxsets on there rather than anything else, so I can just watch an episode anytime. Thanks in advance for any tips or tricks on how to achieve this. My PC is currently running Windows 7.

I've only used Nero for ripping etc. in the past but nothing recently.

In terms of streaming, though, PS3 media server is pretty darned good.

Yeah I'll go along with Mart there,I've found PS3 Media Server to be far quicker and a lot more stable for streaming than Tversity, it's a lot less hassle setting up library directories and not having to manually add and delete the streams.

Thanks lads, I'll try the ripping software above first and then see about setting up the streaming it. :D

I don't think WiFi streams HD well at all to be honest, wishful thinking there I reckon.

And what Mart and NSH said, go with PS3 Media Server instead of TVersity nowadays.

I have always used PS3 Media Server and it's great. It is stable, easy to set up and you can tinker with the settings as you like. Plus, it works with subtitles with lots of customization options. It's a must for me and I'll advice everyone to have it.

Note that when a movie finishes downloading, automatically appears in my ps3 xmb. You can even play dvd images, I think, so maybe you don't need to rip at all. Look for info about it.

Chat Room launching into a game.

From here: http://community.eu.playstation.com...m-players-into-a-supported-game/td-p/10183022

Hot on the heels of my previous guide to "that" invite system in MW2 I now bring you something which I think a few of may not be aware of.

The PlayStation 3 firmware has a feature which allows you to invite players in your active text chat room straight into the game you are playing.

I'll mention what games I've noticed support this in a moment but first here's how it works:

I have an open chatroom featuring:
medium

Where we are having fun in the typical inane banter:
medium

Ok for those who don't know, it is possible to set up 16 player chatrooms on PS3 which allow you to text chat while playing games at the touch of the DUALSHOCK 3's "PS" button, just go to your Friends menu on the XMB and select "Start a new chat" to get one started.

I feel like playing a game with my colleagues, what to play?
medium

And why not?

What I'm going to show you is how to invite all of your chat room buddies into a game with minimum fuss.

medium

So I load up the game, go into the multiplayer section and enter the lobby, the place I go to normally set up my game. Once again, like other titles, this feature is dependant on the game. For Bioshock 2 I select "Manage Invites".

medium

The familiar invite message pops up, helpfully with a blank name first, allowing you to pick who you want to invite into the game. Select this field.

medium

Apologies for the quality of the photographs, the top option there is "Select from friends", the second is "Enter Online ID" which I always find handy as it means you don't have to have a person on your friends list. The third option may be new to you "Select from Chat Rooms". Pick this one.

medium

Again, apologies for the picture quality, it's because the text is selected and "flashing" in the way that it does. This is basically the list of active chat rooms I have open, just the one in this case. Just select the chat room you wish to invite into your game.

medium

This will be the next thing you see. LordRoss and Mark are in the game invite, ready to be sent off.

Then before you know it they will pop up in my game. Turns out neither of them have B2 yet so I had to get back to work.

So games I have noticed feature this option include:

Bioshock 2
Call of Duty Classic
Alien vs Predator Demo
Dirt 2
Peggle
Battlefield Bad Company 2 beta (Full game should have it as well)

(Interestingly enough all of these games feature MW2's acceptable-out-of-the-game invite system)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom