Sony PlayStation 3

Got a reply back to my mail that basically says

Not helpful! Emailed them back again to clarify if they mean US store.

I'm not hopeful though as if you have to enter a UK address, then the address in the PSN has to match. If that is a UK address, then no way that will work.

Have to go back to IDT I reckon...

My entropay card has always had a UK address and its never stopped me purchasing from the US store

I've bought far too much US DLC to even consider switching to PAL as well :(

Got another email back from Entropay now saying that i DO NOT need to update my info (although they say in the email that they can see I am registered with a US address from outside the US).

Very confusing! They apologise and say I dont need to make any changes... weird.

Got another email back from Entropay now saying that i DO NOT need to update my info (although they say in the email that they can see I am registered with a US address from outside the US).

Very confusing! They apologise and say I dont need to make any changes... weird.

Hmmm, this is confusing....

Bugger, I don't know whether to update or not now.

Anyone rented or know of anyone else who has tented G-Force and can let me know if they'll send you the 3D glasses with it or not? I'm not arsed about the game really but I'd love to see the 3D effect.

Anyone rented or know of anyone else who has tented G-Force and can let me know if they'll send you the 3D glasses with it or not? I'm not arsed about the game really but I'd love to see the 3D effect.

My nippers are nagging for it! I presume the 3D glasses you get at the cineam would work aswell as I have a few of them after the last time we went to cinema.
I'm interested to see what it looks like too.

Fat Princess has been patched, I'll start playing again now.

Fat Princess has been patched, I'll start playing again now.

What does it change?

I'd love them to allow more AI players in the games. I'm on 10 meg now and it only lets me create 5 vs 5 games which is shitty and I don't like the 20 vs 20 games because they all end a stalemate.

Patch Notes

Our primary focus with this patch was to improve connections and reduce lag. We also addressed the AoE scoring exploits, a few other scoring imbalances, and made minor tweaks that should reduce stalemates. Here are the details:

* The server selection heuristic has been modified so that ping time has been more heavily weighted when selecting potential matches. This will result in players being connected to games in such a way that game population and ping are more evenly weighted.
* Newly hosted servers will be more attractive to potential clients and thus fill up more quickly. The change will also better distribute connection attempts among servers and thus reduce failed attempts.
* Potential servers will be given less time to respond to ping requests. This should speed up that portion of the connection process.
* Selected servers will be given more time to establish a connection, resulting in fewer failed attempts.
* The connection code is less sensitive to packets coming back out of order. This was a cause of failed connections.
* Ice Mage and Dark Priest AoE scoring has been adjusted from 10 points to 2 points per enemy affected.
* Non-worker resource return has been reduced from 20 points to 10 points.
* Feeding the princess has been reduced from 20 points to 15 points.
* Castle door hit points have been reduced slightly from 30 to 25.
* The Princess’ calorie burn has been increased at weight stage 2, 3, and 4. Calorie burn was previously 2 per second at all stages. Stage 2 is now 4 per second, stage 3 is 8 per second, and stage 4 is 12 per second.

http://titanstudios.com/blog/

Looks like the patch is US only at the moment.

Didn't know where to ask so thought I'd just shove it in here since there's no thread for Driver. Thought that game back in the day was immense. Bumped into it too and thought I'd ask if its worth a download. Anyone?

It appears Sony has filed a new trademark called “P.S. Thanks,” which is an “incentive rewards program geared toward quantifying, identifying and motivating top consumer base with the goal of promotion and sale of video game hardware and software.” In non-legal terms, this sounds like a rewards program for PlayStation fans. We don’t have much more information to go on, but perhaps this will reward the true hardcore PS fan.

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=77794416

Anyone know if there's a way of getting ESPN on PlayTV? I really like the look of PlayTV but I want ESPN as well.

I've just read that PlayTV had Setanta so I guess ESPN is available now as well.

Not saying you are wrong Dags, but I'd love to see the info that said Setanta was on PlayTV? I am sure Setanta required a subscription card, of which you cannot use with PlayTV???

I never saw Setanta on PlayTV, though granted mine hasnt worked (aerial probs) for about 6 months.

Bugger, looks like there's a company actually named Play TV :DOH:

That's rubbish then, might get a Freeview+ box instead of PlayTV then.

News just in that SCEE will be making announcements regarding the PSN Video Store next week at Gamescom. :)

I hope TV shows are included, not interested in downloading movies.

Then again UK rights are very different to those in the US, may end up with a poor line-up, we'll see.

This vid store doesn't interest me in the slightest. Not only do I have a basic broadband connection so it'll take the piss to download, but it doesn't compare to buying the real thing, opening the case, reading the booklet and owning a physical disc that can played in any blu ray player. Not only that but they'll charge the earth for videos e.g. 300 will probably be £15 to download minimum. I bought it in Fopp for £7 on bluray the other week, brand new.

home-gamescom.jpg

You remember Home, it’s that PS3 exclusive that nobody seems to think matters when comparing willy-waving lists of who’s-got-what. Well, we think it matters, and Sony do too, because they’re going to be making the most of Home’s Podium Space during Gamescom, starting now, because the EU Blog has just confirmed that the ideally suited little area will “host content” from the Cologne-based show and although the Blog doesn’t flat-out confirm that Home users will be able to watch the hour-long SCEE press conference live directly from the Podium Space, we’ll eat our hats if it doesn’t.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/08/12/home-plays-host-to-gamescom/

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009...odium-opens-its-doors-for-gamescom/#more-4995

Expect a price drop along with the Slim announcement and a PS2 software backwards compatibility update next week at Gamescom.

Back
Top Bottom