Sony PlayStation 3

If 1943 can be shared then I'll share it with you Chris.

I have since arranged something on another forum but if they pull out I'll let you know Tobi, thanks. :)

I'm not on the PlayStation very often so forgive me if this is a stupid question. ;)

What time can we expect the store to be updated today (so that we can grab Fat Princess)?

I'd hazard a guess and say around 5 - 6 pm.

It's been around that time the last few weeks with the odd 1 pm update and 3 pm update here and there.

Sony Computer Entertainment are trying something new this week, announcing the latest PlayStation Store update a day before it's out. Risky business! Let's check back on Saturday, see how they went.

Taking pride of place is Fat Princess, which mercifully arrives in PAL territories the same time it does in the US. Don't think I could have stood a delay on that one.

If, for some reason, Fat Princess isn't your thing, there's always the usual assortment of Rock Band & Guitar Hero DLC.

Downloadable Games

Fat Princess (£11.99/€14.99)
Watchmen: The End Is Nigh Part 2 (Trial free, Unlock Key £9.99/€12.99)

Demos

Numblast

Add-On Game Content

Fight Night Round 4 – Downloadable Content 1 (free)
Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic – Time Savers Pack (£1.19/€1.99)
Buzz! Quiz TV – AFL Quiz Pack (£6.29/€7.99)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 – Cog Hill (£4.79/€5.99)
Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires – Additional Armour Sets (free)

* Eclectic Armour Set (Men)
* Norse Armour Set (Men)
* Priestess Armour Set (Women)
* Valkyrie Armour Set (Women)

Rock Band

* 100,000 Years (Live) by Kiss (£0.99/€1.49)
* Deuce (Live) by Kiss (£0.99/€1.49)
* Parasite (Live) by Kiss (£0.99/€1.49)
* Kiss Pack 01 (this combines all the above Kiss tracks in one pack) (£2.49/€3.99)
* Down by Blink 182 (£0.99/€1.49)
* Feeling This by Blink 182 (£0.99/€1.49)
* The Rock Show by Blink 182 (£0.99/€1.49)
* Blink 182 Pack 01 (this combines all the above Blink 182 tracks in one pack) (£2.49/€3.99)
* My Name Is Jonas by Weezer (£0.99/€1.49)
* Pork and Beans by Weezer (£0.99/€1.49)
* Undone – The Sweater Song by Weezer (£0.99/€1.49)
* Weezer Pack 02 (this combines all the above Weezer tracks in one pack) (£2.49/€3.99)
* Out Here All Night by Damone (£0.99/€1.49)

Guitar Hero: World Tour

* Bloodmeat by Protest The Hero (£1.59/€1.99)
* I'm Shipping Up To Boston by The Dropkick Murphys (£1.59/€1.99)
* New Wave by Against Me! (£1.59/€1.99)
* Knuckle Sandwich Track Pack (This pack contains all three tracks listed above) (£4.39/€5.99)

Videos

* DC Universe Online Behind the Scenes Trailer
* DC Universe Online Sizzle Trailer
* Killzone 2 Flash & Thunder Trailer

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go

Downloadable Games

Samurai Warriors: State of War (£13.99/€17.99)

Unbound Saga (£11.99/€14.99)

Demo

Numblast

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

Rock Band Unplugged

* Smooth Criminal by Alien Ant Farm (£0.99/€1.

--

The US store will get a madden 10 demo today as well

Fat Princess is up but it doesn't have surround sound.

:((

Anyone else getting quick downloads today?

I've download the super car beta which was about 600mb and it took only a few minutes and Fat Princess is zooming down as well.

Mine is as slow as always Rad!

I was going to try that Supercar beta but there's a demo of a very similar sounding game by Black Bean (they do the Superbike games) on the 360, and it is utter, utter shite...

I taunted in an online game just now and my character said, I'm going to cut you into bits like the Ice Truck Killer!

The Ice Truck Killer is from from Dexter S1.

:DD

EDIT: The save file is locked.

Last edited:
Braid is confirmed for release on PlayStation 3. This is great news. Braid in my opinion is the best XBLA game currently and is actually one of the best games I have played.

Let me know if you get the addons for Motorstorm 2, (the extra tracks and racetypes), I'm torn between getting the addons for them or Burnout Paradise (there is apparently a Burnout addon that allows multiplayer on one machine, but its not clear if that's split screen or each player takes it in turns). The trouble with all this additional content is you have to pay significant amounts for it but there are very few reliable reviews of it (extra content).

:))

Let me know if you get the addons for Motorstorm 2, (the extra tracks and racetypes), I'm torn between getting the addons for them or Burnout Paradise (there is apparently a Burnout addon that allows multiplayer on one machine, but its not clear if that's split screen or each player takes it in turns). The trouble with all this additional content is you have to pay significant amounts for it but there are very few reliable reviews of it (extra content).

Its called the Party Pack, its a pass the pad mode, no split screen. I didn't buy so I can't comment on it but from what I've read it doesn't have any significant longevity.

The prices for some of the add ons are harsh, its just EA wanting their money back after experimenting with the free DLC in the first year.

Cops n Robbers is fun if you play online a lot and Big Surf Island is an essential purchase.

Cool, thanks for letting me know, I'll pass on it if it's pass-the-pad. I wish they'd do a Killzone and release all the add-ons in a discounted bundle. Capcom did a similar thing with Street Fighter, doing a bundle on the alternative outfits.

Also any news on when Bomberman will come to the PSN, I've got it on the Wii (I had loads of Virtual Console credits from registering all my Gamecube and Wii games so got it then), but I have more PS3 pads than Wii Pads.

Back
Top Bottom