Sony PlayStation 3

I found a youtube video with 1 comment under

"This is the worst racing game ever, but good graphics "

I thought it looked decent from the video... Is there a demo you can get?

Original Rating - the rating the source gave this game as originally published on their site and/or publication. Adjusted Rating - the rating the source gave this game, adjusted for the GameStats rating scale. (0.0 to 10.0).

Eurogamer [Portugal] 07/13/09 7 /10 7.0
Vandal Online [Spain] 07/10/09 8 /10 8.0
Games Welt 07/03/09 60 /100 6.0
3D Juegos [Spain] 07/03/09 7 /10 7.0
VicioJuegos [Spain] 07/02/09 60 /100 6.0
Gamer.nl 06/27/09 6 /10 6.0
WonderwallWeb.com 06/19/09 6.5 /10 6.5

Last edited:
I thought it looked decent from the video... Is there a demo you can get?

Original Rating - the rating the source gave this game as originally published on their site and/or publication. Adjusted Rating - the rating the source gave this game, adjusted for the GameStats rating scale. (0.0 to 10.0).

Eurogamer [Portugal] 07/13/09 7 /10 7.0
Vandal Online [Spain] 07/10/09 8 /10 8.0
Games Welt 07/03/09 60 /100 6.0
3D Juegos [Spain] 07/03/09 7 /10 7.0
VicioJuegos [Spain] 07/02/09 60 /100 6.0
Gamer.nl 06/27/09 6 /10 6.0
WonderwallWeb.com 06/19/09 6.5 /10 6.5

I personally thought it was considered a 'good' game - isnt it built on the Ferrari Challenge engine, which again was considered 'good' by hard-core sim fans.

That comment on YT is probably from a 12 year old Need for Speed fan.

Who Wants A Brand New PS3 For £200?

Sitting on the fence about buying a PlayStation 3? Is the price the main reason for your indecision? Then maybe now’s the time to make a move…if you’re lucky and you’re quick.

UK high street chain WHSmith is selling the ps3 for £200 – two thirds of their usual price – in selected stores. The reason for this is unclear; though it is worth noting that the only console for sale on their website is the Nintendo Wii.

Supermarket giant Tesco recently abandoned the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in favour of the all – conquering Wii in its high street stores. WHSmith still sells games for all formats. However, if they are looking to follow Tesco’s lead, they may not be restocking ps3 consoles. Bearing this in mind, it would be better to take advantage of this price cut sooner rather than later.

Eu.playstation.com, has now been updated. You can now compare trophies with everyone on your friends list.

Damn Krad, too much trophies.

Someone on my list has a total of 1017 trophies

That's very cool. I like how quick you can check out your friends and sort them by gamer level. The top 5 on my friends list is:

extrasafeivy

Level 12

835 Trophies
11 Platinum
51 Gold
125 Silver
648 Bronze

Gawge

Level 12

780 Trophies
8 Platinum
44 Gold
142 Silver
586 Bronze

KingKronosDC84

Level 9

476 Trophies
2 Platinum
23 Gold
72 Silver
379 Bronze

shadow_hart

Level 9
544 Trophies
3 Platinum
16 Gold
85 Silver
440 Bronze

matt1986nffc

Level 8
426 Trophies
2 Platinum
14 Gold
63 Silver
347 Bronze

The most impressive they have for me is the Unreal Tournament 3 plat as those trophies are truly hardcore. (Beat the game on insane difficulty, win 500 online matches, win 100 CTF matches online etc)

If the Burnout trophies were retro active as planned, I would have had a Platinum.

Ah well.

I wonder if anyone knows anyone who has the FIFA 09 platinum? That seems pretty hardcore. Oh and the Prototype platinum is insane.

927 trophies Rad? Bloody hell.

I have no clue how many I have, I got some flashing up in FIFA because I don't know how to turn the buggers off, but my cat has chewed my Internet cable in the front room so I can't get my PS3 on line at the mo...

I have no clue how many I have, I got some flashing up in FIFA because I don't know how to turn the buggers off, but my cat has chewed my Internet cable in the front room so I can't get my PS3 on line at the mo...

Is that what the missus told you? ;)

(oh and cat whoop assage if it was indeed it's fault. A nice kick to the face may be required there Nick. :SMUG:

im last. i dont think i have a single trophy haha. i couldnt give a toss about trophies. i just play games for fun.

I second that.
When I get them, I don't want them anyway. Can I turn the stupid things off?

Winning a cup tourny in FIFA or a belt in FN4 is fair enough but getting them for scoring a header! What's the point of that?

OK. My kids like it but once you are over, 15 maybe, why would you care?

Personally, I don't get it but each to their own.

Last edited:
OK. My kids like it but once you are over, 15 maybe, why would you care?
I can see why you'd say that, and it's not that I "care", but it gives me more reason to complete a game.

If I'm playing a game and I'm not really feeling it, rather than do what I used to do (shed a tear over the fact that I've just spent £40 on a piece of crap and trade it in for half the value), I have the encouragement to say "alright, let's have a look at the trophies... I'll do that one, I'll do that one and if I can stomach the game any longer I'll do that one".

It adds a new dimension, as far as I'm concerned. In sports games it doesn't really work, granted - I agree with you that it should only be for "real" achievements such as winning actual leagues/cups - but for FPS games that aren't quite as good as Battlefield or Call of Duty, it gives me a reason to keep plugging away with it.

Take LittleBigPlanet (trophies) or MGS4 (no trophies) on PS3 as an example. I've tried, over many nights, to see what everybody else sees in LBP, and the more I play it the more it bores the tits off me. It's pure shite as far as I'm concerned - an art student's plaything, not a game. But because of the trophies, I'll stick it in every now and then for a few levels, and in small doses it may even raise a smile.

MGS4 on the other hand - another game I've tried and tried to like but just ends up driving me nuts because it's so fiddly and packed with walking flying robots - has no trophies. So I'll spend five minutes on it, think to myself "what am I aiming for here, what am I playing this for, what's the 'point'", and switch it off.

Of course everybody's different and most mature gamers will probably ignore them entirely. But for me playing on a console now wouldn't be the same without them, to the point where I'm "put off" playing PC games (when I start to get frustrated with Football Manager I just think to myself "I'd rather be contributing towards my trophies/achievements").

I can see why you'd say that, and it's not that I "care", but it gives me more reason to complete a game.

If I'm playing a game and I'm not really feeling it, rather than do what I used to do (shed a tear over the fact that I've just spent £40 on a piece of crap and trade it in for half the value), I have the encouragement to say "alright, let's have a look at the trophies... I'll do that one, I'll do that one and if I can stomach the game any longer I'll do that one".

It adds a new dimension, as far as I'm concerned. In sports games it doesn't really work, granted - I agree with you that it should only be for "real" achievements such as winning actual leagues/cups - but for FPS games that aren't quite as good as Battlefield or Call of Duty, it gives me a reason to keep plugging away with it.

Take LittleBigPlanet (trophies) or MGS4 (no trophies) on PS3 as an example. I've tried, over many nights, to see what everybody else sees in LBP, and the more I play it the more it bores the tits off me. It's pure shite as far as I'm concerned - an art student's plaything, not a game. But because of the trophies, I'll stick it in every now and then for a few levels, and in small doses it may even raise a smile.

MGS4 on the other hand - another game I've tried and tried to like but just ends up driving me nuts because it's so fiddly and packed with walking flying robots - has no trophies. So I'll spend five minutes on it, think to myself "what am I aiming for here, what am I playing this for, what's the 'point'", and switch it off.

Of course everybody's different and most mature gamers will probably ignore them entirely. But for me playing on a console now wouldn't be the same without them, to the point where I'm "put off" playing PC games (when I start to get frustrated with Football Manager I just think to myself "I'd rather be contributing towards my trophies/achievements").

:THINK: Sounds like it to me Chris, or you have too much spare time...:LOL:

Dazimus.png

I did say over 15 and we all know you are a spotty little 14 year old so it's OK Chris :)

Shatter is a nice game, its got a similar vibe to Super Stardust HD.

PS3 Slim: September 2 launch, official announcement August 18

The PS3 Slim rumors have been running rampant as of late. Everyone is waiting for the announcement and Sony is just waiting patiently to announce it. As always, NeoGaf is one of the frontrunners when it comes to some information. NeoGaf poster, Elios83, shared some interesting information about the PS3 Slim.

He posts: ?I've heard from retail sources, which have been absolutely reliable in the past, that PS3 Slim will launch throughout Europe on September 2 at 299?, official announcement at the GamesCon. We'll see but considering the same sources have been spot on for two years in a row (40GB+price cut and 80GB) I personally don't doubt them ?

Gamescon will be taking place during mid-August. Sony will be presenting a 3hr long press conference on August 18th and that?ll be a prime idea to present such an announcement. At that price, the system would convert to $425, however, Sony could very well launch the system at $299, too. We have roughly a month before Gamescon and, hopefully, our official announcement. As of now, we can't confirm this information and this is a rumor until the announcement happens on August 18 or sooner.

This fits the Sony timing perfectly. The original rumor was a September or October release. Announcing the system several weeks in advance, Sony will making the same kind of announcement as they did the PS3 price drop during E3 2007. Get quick sales from anxious buyers and then continue for the rest of the year. Of course, with Uncharted 2 releasing on October 13th, console sales should stay strong throughout the holiday season.

Source: http://www.examiner.com/x-12218-Pro...m-September-2-official-announcement-August-18

If its reasonably priced I'll use my current machine as leverage to get a Slim, the fan is so frustrating.

If its reasonably priced I'll use my current machine as leverage to get a Slim, the fan is so frustrating.
what makes you think the slim is any better? the more smaller the case is, the more louder it could get due to lack of air flow, components being squashed together and small or maybe no fans at all.

it wont surpise me if the ps3 slims have a similar failure rate to the 360's. i just cant see all that power working well on a compact sized case. :(

Back
Top Bottom