Sony PlayStation 3

I screwed up the sign up process and can't get access to the games. I tried to do it in another name but it won't go because its the same address.

I couldn't get do to the Tesco trial either because I'm already signed up to the Lovefilm one.

Thanks anyway.

Hmm I managed to sign up to both Lovefilm and Tesco at the same time when I did it?

Yeah the games are a bit hit and miss but the blu rays and DVDs come very quickly in my experience.

Dags, I've heard from a few people on AVForums that you can sign up again after it expires. Just cancel your account, give it a few days/week or so, then sign up again with another email address. Haven't tried it myself though :)).

I thought it was 1 free trial per address?

Yeah it's supposed to be but some people have had 5 separate trials at the same address. I can't personally vouch for it, but who knows.

After having Bionic Commando lock up my PS3 a few times recently, I've just had inFamous lock up on me as well. Reset my PS3 and loaded it back up, then heard some high pitched noises which I assume was my blu-ray drive.

Might take out that insurance cover soon, looks like my PS3 might be on its way.

Sony have suspended 'Continuous Play'.

Dear Continuous Players, we set up this service ultimately to provide a fast, efficient and cost effective way to ensure that your experience with PlayStation 3 & PSP was as seamless and hassle free as possible. Unfortunately, some individuals have chosen to abuse this service and as a consequence we feel that we have no option but to suspend Continuous Play and postpone acceptance of new Continuous Play plans until further notice. We will of course honour existing customer's policies and look to amend the existing provision so that it is less vulnerable to exploitation. Sincere apologies

http://continuousplay.co.uk/

Sony Patents A Motion Control System That Uses Ordinary Objects As Controllers

A recently published patent from Sony details a system where a camera can dynamically map an object — any real world object — for use in a video game. The illustration has a U shape block, but the patent outlines other example objects “include items such as coffee mugs, drinking glasses, books, bottles, etc.” While these are given as examples the object mapping system is not limited to those objects, it can identify any three dimensional object.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/07/0...em-that-uses-ordinary-objects-as-controllers/

Ah fuck. If it dies then I'm not paying £150 or whatever ripoff price they ask to get it fixed, I'll just sell it on eBay as faulty or something.

Funnily enough I've had more problems with PS3's than I have with 360's in my years of owning both consoles.

Nope, 40GB. Bought it off eBay so proof of purchase or anything either.

I bought a cooling fan and the fan noise is a lot better now, although FIFA tries its best to break the sound barrier.

If they had so many people do it that they spotted a sharp increase and saw people were taking advantage of it then it begs the questions why were so many PS3's fucking up and why hasn't there been as much of a grumble as the 360's RLOD?

If they had so many people do it that they spotted a sharp increase and saw people were taking advantage of it then it begs the questions why were so many PS3's fucking up and why hasn't there been as much of a grumble as the 360's RLOD?

Good point.

Probably because its still a very low percentage, something like 4/5%.

Sony's Eric Lempel On PS3 Updates, Firmware Rumors

Is Sony's austere PlayStation 3's dashboard due for an extreme makeover, per recent rumormongering? What about universal voice chat? Searchable memory cards? Discrete feature updates? The battery display fluke de-glitched? And what's up with Hulu video service blocking? I tracked down Sony Director of Network Operations Eric Lempel to get answers to those question and others in the following two part interview. This is part one.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/167966/sony_eric_lempel_interview_p1.html?tk=rss

Sony need a way of displaying a total trophy count on the PS3 itself, it's only possible to see total trophies online isn't it?

Sony need a way of displaying a total trophy count on the PS3 itself, it's only possible to see total trophies online isn't it?

The whole trophy thing is a bit pointless on the PS3. Out of boredom, I decided to check mine the other day - took about 30 seconds to sync, 10 seconds to load up - by then, I wish I hadnt have bothered.

On the 360, its like a couple of seconds and its all up.

Why on earth Sony didnt have some sort of scoring system in the XMB for launch is beyond me. After a few years of the 360 having it and it becoming part and parcel of gaming, to launch without it was stupid and it just shows now how they have to shoe-horn it into the XMB.

Agreed, I was really looking forward to the trophies because achievements are one of the biggest reasons I play on the 360 more. But the whole bronze/silver/gold/platinum thing really annoys me, it's so much more accessible when they add up to a points total.

Saying that, it's better than absolutely nothing, but I don't play for trophies like I play for achievements on the 360.

Well you still have totals to follow, number of bronze, silver, gold and most importantly platinum. Then your combined total of trophies under those, with your gaming level which is determined by the value of your trophies along with the total. I like the ps3's breakdown better than just a number out of 1000. On the 360 I'd find myself getting to around 800/1000 and thinking "that will do" but on the PS3 I find myself really pushing myself to get the platinum as it adds a big chunk of % to your gamer level on top of getting 100% of the other trophies.

It makes comparing skills easier where on the 360 anyone can get a high score by hitting 300 to 400 points per game on a lot of games and their total at first glance will look impressive. On the PS3 you can see right away how accomplished and skilled a gamer they are by the number of platinums.

Last edited:
Anyone know any shops that fix DS3's?

The left stick on my pad has come loose whilst playing FIFA, I've gone back to using one of the Sixaxis pads that came with the console. They feel so rigid, I haven't used them in almost two years.

The left stick on one of my pads has gone a little iffy and seems to keep settling itself slightly off to the left side a little so in every game i play if i let the stuck go back to its default position it sometimes hangs left and i stand there moving left.

I've had that before, I clicked it back into place.

I imported my pad from Japan, I hope that wont stop shops here from looking at it.

How'd you click it back into place? i've tried pulling the stick and pressing it in to see if it had come loose at all but nothing's worked. It really gets on my tits when I'm playing a driving game or FPS and i start moving to the left.

Not sure, I pushed it sideways and it went straight again.

Back
Top Bottom