Sony PlayStation 3

It's good, I find it really difficult and frustrating though. I can't even beat the CPU on level 1 after 2-3 days of trying but I know that other people have so... I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Very humourous and fun overall though, they should be commended for putting so many laughs in.

I love it, I managed to beat the Gladiator mode with the priest last night but the other ones are stupidly tough. The main part of the game is fun though and their are a decent number of maps.

I tend to play as the resource gatherer the most running around chopping down trees, hammering for metal, building bridges/ladders and upgrading our units. Being on the attack if fun as well - You can also go online on your own (or privately with friends) against AI bots and still get trophies. Just set the private slots to the maximum you can and start. My bandwidth until virgin upgrade us to 10 in a bit only allows me to create games with 10 players so if anyone else can do bigger give us all a shout.

Oh and the Soccer is alright as well

Last edited:
Erm... well ... I don't know. The game modes are capture the princess where you have their princess and they have yours and you have to get yours back and have both in your castle/base until the timer runs out.

Then there's a capture mode where its the first team to bring the others teams princess back to their castle 3 times.

Invasion where you hold the outposts.
Team Deathmatch and soccer (first team to score 10 win).

So it's like if you get fed up of the maps easily or the capturing you might get bored of the game. But then you can play as different roles in the game so a priest who heals team mates or a worker who gathers wood/metal or an archer or swordsman or mage casting spells. And these can all be upgraded to have secondary abilities so the worker can throw bombs, the mage casts fire and ice spells (burn/freeze enemies) archer gets a gun, swordsman gets a long sword.

I tend to sit back at my own castle gathering resources and keeping the gates to the castle built and so on. Sometimes I'll head forward to build ladders at the enemy base to help my guys get in the side ways. It depends on what everyone else online is doing as well, if their are already a bunch of workers then ill go to the frontline and go for the princess and hope the other team haven't fattened her up.

It's one of those though where you'd have to play it for a while or watch a few videos before you can say 'i like or dislike it'
YouTube - Exclusive HD Fat Princess Gameplay Video #1

I like it too, has anyone beaten any of the Arena challenges yet? I get to Round 6/7 and die every time.

Also how do you kick the ball in the soccer event?

I've noticed that you can control the character in the credits, I love the credits!

The priest one is the easiest arena challenge as he has a gang of other guys with him and your main task is to heal them and keep them alive till the end. I did that last night but the rest are too hard and I die at 6/7 when the archers come in gangs.

I'm not sure if you can kick the ball, maybe if you charge a shot when you're not wearing a hat it sends it flying?

Wanted to buy 4 song packs for RB2, but fucked up loading the money onto my Entropay card. Didn't want to not get any of the packs and the minimum load is $20 so for less than $1, I had to load on another $20 :BRICK:

So just bought Fat Princess from the US store instead and going to get some RB singles with the rest of the money left over.

Just brought some old classics, Motorstorm 2 and Saints Row 2 :) Impressed with MS2 and just installing SR2.

:TU: Motorstorm Pacific Rift is one of the most under-rated titles on PS3. I think its an awesome game....

Not got the add-on packs yet as I want to finish it first (yes I am a bit slow :FAIL:)

And the 40gb hard drive won't last you five minutes, especially if the games require installs. 300gb+ drives on Play.com for £40+.

I wouldn't worry too much about the space kev, I lasted ages with my 40GB drive. I just deleted any installs of games I wasn't playing before installing any new ones. It is annoying, but not a MUST to upgrade. I only upgraded to put more movies, music, TV shows etc on.

What games have you got with it then? If they're newish titles I'd snap that deal up and sell the ones you don't like.

There will be a price cut very soon on the console as well so keep that in mind. You might be able to pick up a slim line or chunky ps3 for cheaper.

Hakoom.png

54 platinums!!?? I think 'lonely' sums that up perfectly.

Great achievement though, think of the hours he must have put in.

Last edited:
I wonder if he has some of the easier platinums like Hannah Montana, Ice Age, monsters vs aliens etc or if those 54 are all 'real' games.

Anyone else get an email from Entropay recently stating that you cannot use a USA address without violating the T&Cs.

It says I can change the address to a UK one before Monday 10th and still use the card for purchases from the USA store.

Is that right? Anyone done it?

I got one as well, PBB. Notice that it doesn't specifically say we can still buy from the USA store though, only we can still buy Playstation games?

I'm not sure on what to do about it...

I got one as well, PBB. Notice that it doesn't specifically say we can still buy from the USA store though, only we can still buy Playstation games?

I'm not sure on what to do about it...

Yea, tis exactly what I thought when I read it.

I've emailed them for clarification.

Be a bastard though as I've got all my RB DLC through the US store and I'll be buggered if I'm gonna switch to the PAL version now :(

Just get IDT PRIME CARDS instead, send them an email and they'll ask for your address to tell you their nearest stockist.

I've never been able to use Entropay, they kept giving me some excuse about not being able to use Maestro cards.

Just get IDT PRIME CARDS instead, send them an email and they'll ask for your address to tell you their nearest stockist.

I've never been able to use Entropay, they kept giving me some excuse about not being able to use Maestro cards.

I used to use the IDT ones at first, but the reload charge is stupid (like £3 a card?) and you have to have a minimum of £20 loaded.

Entropay is a $20 load and (IIRC) 1% fee.

Only use it for RB DLC, so not worth loading it up with loads of money.

I've bought far too much US DLC to even consider switching to PAL as well :(

Got a reply back to my mail that basically says

...If your address on your EntroPay account is in the UK you should still be able to access the playstation store...

Not helpful! Emailed them back again to clarify if they mean US store.

I'm not hopeful though as if you have to enter a UK address, then the address in the PSN has to match. If that is a UK address, then no way that will work.

Have to go back to IDT I reckon...

I used to use the IDT ones at first, but the reload charge is stupid (like £3 a card?) and you have to have a minimum of £20 loaded.
Hence why I buy one card with a stupid amount of money on, to try and make it a long time before I buy the next one.

If it wasn't for IDT Prime cards I wouldn't have half the songs I've got now (literally)!

Trophies coming for MGS4!?

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/radio/the_report/the_report_098.mp3

In the latest Kojima Productions podcast, Sean Eyestone issued the following statement:
Just to address one issue that we’ve been getting a lot of comments about. And this is, of course, about trophies.

I just wanna tell everybody out there right now that your voices are being heard and that we’re not ignoring you. We hear everything that you are saying. It’s just that we can’t say anything just yet.

But as soon as we have something to say, we will announce it. So, if we can just ask everyone to just be patient, we will give you an answer. But right now we can’t say anything. So we just ask for everyone’s understanding with that and just ask for everybody to remain patient and we’ll let you know.

Back
Top Bottom