Sony PlayStation 3

CROSS-GAME VOICE CHAT COMING TO PLAYSTATION 3?

This is just a rumour, but seeing how this guy had every fact about PS3 Slim perfectly scouted it may seem as he is a credible source.

All the features of the firmware 3.0 update haven't been revealed and we don't really see anything to the friends list in the firmware video. This post was made from someone called Super_Secret on N4G.com and he had 20 interesting facts about the PS3 Slim weeks before it was revealed. You can see every bit of detail he put in his post here:

http://www.blpgaming.com/beta/news/64/crossgame-voice-chat-coming-to-playstation-3/

Pretty massive news I think. This is the one feature PS3 owners have been craving about when it comes to Xbox Live and online. Sony seems to be closing the gap in several places as of late. This is still a rumour though, but the guy had everything right about the PS3 Slim. From it having the hard disk taken out in front of the console, to Other OS support gone... Maybe this is the guy leaking all these stuff from Sony.

--

Demos (free)

Colin McRae DiRT 2
PEGI 3+

WET
PEGI 18+

Mini Ninjas
PEGI 7+

IL2 Sturmovik: Birds Of Prey
PEGI 7+

Add-On Game Content

Pain – Andy ***** Pack (£0.79/€0.99)
PEGI 16+

Zen Pinball – Street Fighter II Tribute Table (£1.59/€1.99)
PEGI 7+

Guitar Hero: World Tour – Duelling Banjos Track (£1.59/€1.99)
PEGI 12+

Rock Band

* Foo Fighters Pack 02 (this combines the below three Foo Fighters tracks in one pack) (£2.49/€2.99)
* All My Life by Foo Fighters (£0.99/€1.49)
* I’ll Stick Around by Foo Fighters (£0.99/€1.49)
* Lonely As You by Foo Fighters (£0.99/€1.49)
* I Predict A Riot by Kaiser Chiefs (£0.99/€1.49)
* I’m Shipping Up To Boston by Dropkick Murphys (£0.99/€1.49)
* Inside Out by Eve 6 (£0.99/€1.49)
* No Rain by Blind Melon (£0.99/€1.49)
* There’s No Other Way by Blur (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

Videos (free)

* Modnation Racers Trailer
* Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time Gamescom Trailer
* Heavy Rain Gamescom Trailer
* LittleBigPlanet Water Trailer
* Tekken 6 Gamescom Trailer
* Trine Trailer
* Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time Comicon Trailer
* Front Mission Evolved Trailer
* Savage Moon Waldgeist Trailer
* Gamescom Sony Press Conference Part 1
* Gamescom Sony Press Conference Part 2
* Gamescom Sony Press Conference Part 3
* Gamescom Sony Press Conference Part 4
* PR Sizzler Trailer
* Avatar Game Day Trailer (Released on Friday the 21st of August)

Themes (free)

* Katamari Forever and Noby Noby Boy Theme
* PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go

Downloadable Games

Wild Arms XF (£13.99/€17.99)
PEGI 12+

Riviera (£13.99/€17.99)
PEGI 12+

Warriors Orochi (£13.99/€17.99)
PEGI 12+

Colin McRae Rally 2005 (£7.99/€9.99)
PEGI 3+
Demo (free)

Dissidia Final Fantasy
PEGI 12+

Going to try Dirt 2 and WET, will get the Foo pack maybe next month, and i'm interested in the pinball table as well.

Good update this week :)

Sony has announced that PS3 game-launching within PlayStation Home will be a reality this autumn. This was a feature trumpeted loudly when Sony announced Home in March 2007.

Game-launching arrives as part of update 1.3, and will apparently work across all PS3 titles. Pop the disc in the console and follow the on-screen prompts to begin, says the US PlayStation blog - it's as simple as that. And some games will have "varying degrees of additional multiplayer functionality built in".

The update also brings in-store item previewing - both clothing and furniture - and lets you rent consumable items such as the shrink potion.

Portable objects will be introduced too, such as free cameras that you can snap things with (in first and third-person view) and display in frames in your Home space.

There are a raft of minor additions as well. Avatars will get additional emotes and poses, and there are new categories of clothing. The targeting system has been "optimised", a new queuing system introduced, bugs fixed and a cache-size option added to speed things up.

The SingStar space announced during the Sony gamescom conference will launch around the same time, too.

Shame it was cancelled and the bit of footage in the Gamescon trailer hasn't been announced as that game. People just think it might be.
-

Ill post this here as well just in case someone misses it.

MAG public beta will be starting this september 17th confirmed Andy Beaudoin of Zipper Interactive.

Quote:
This September will begin the open beta phase of the multiplayer FPS MAG (Massive Action Game).

"El 17 de septiembre empezaremos la versión beta abierta al público" , ha confirmado Andy Beaudoin, el diseñador jefe de Zipper Interactive en declaraciones a nuestros compañeros alemanes de Eurogamer.de . "On September 17 we will begin the beta open to the public," confirmed Andy Beaudoin, chief designer at Zipper Interactive statements to our German fellow Eurogamer.de.

Mientras no llegue ese día, podéis deleitaros con el último tráiler publicado recientemente, además de ir desempolvando el equipo de camuflaje. Until that day comes, you can deleitaros with the latest trailer recently published, in addition to dust extraction equipment camouflage.

MAG (Massive Action Game) llegará el 16 de enero en exclusiva para PlayStation 3 y con la espectacular promesa de permitir que 256 jugadores compitan de forma simultánea. MAG (Massive Action Game) will arrive on January 16 exclusively for PlayStation 3 and the spectacular promise of allowing 256 players to compete simultaneously.

Translated:

Quote:
"On September 17 we will begin the beta open to the public," confirmed Andy Beaudoin, chief designer at Zipper Interactive statements to our German fellow Eurogamer.de. "On September 17 we will begin the beta open to the public," confirmed Andy Beaudoin, chief designer at Zipper Interactive statements to our German fellow Eurogamer.de.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that the download was 2.5gb.

ok06yc.png

Last edited:
I tried the Dirt 2 demo and I don't like it, the controls are horrible, Burnout Paradise is superior to this.

The in game XMB has frozen on me and my PS3 is stuck in no mans land, its refusing to turn itself off, what happens if I turn if off at the back?

I've done it a few times and been fine but I've heard it can screw things up. I'd guess it can screw up if your downloading or using the HHD in some way but im no expert.

I switched if off at the back, nothing looks out of place, pissed off that I have to replay my franchise game now.

God I turned mine off once mid save with the game pad by accident halfway through a FIFA MM career, the worst thing you can do.

When I turned it back on it came up saying the main something or others were all corrupt in red on black letters and shut down again.

I thought, that's it, it's toast and then after I'd and a paddy and blamed the pad for doing it :P I switched it back on and it was fine, even the save file was fine, go figure... ;)

Just downloaded 'Wet' and gave it a few playthroughs. Reminded me a lot of 'Wanted: Weapons of Fate'. It has some awesome action scenes in it, in particular the car chase and I loved it when she went into red rage mode.

Definitely worth a rent this, looks like loads of fun.

My PS3's net connection seems odd atm. Is it just me? I can't sign into PSN and when I test my connection both ip and internet connection succeed but then psn fails. Am I doing anything wrong?

I've had that recently, when I get signed out I wait a few minutes then try again.

Has anybody else tried the Rag Doll Kung Fu Fists Of Plastic demo?

Every time I load it up and try to play it - multiplayer, tutorial, whatever - it freezes the console! I use the PS button to try and quit the game and the PS3 reboots itself!

Is my PS3 dying or what?

Back
Top Bottom