Sony PlayStation 3

I'm gonna get another PS3 I still think the older model looks better, and there are some good bundles about.

Or would you wait for the Slim if you were me?

Wait for the Slim. Im trading in my PS3 with 160GB HDD for the new model and getting a new 320GB HDD to go with it. Plus im going to get rid of my old Sixaxis controllers and replace them with the Dualshock 3. Perfect timing as all the major releases are coming out soon along with firmware 3.0 and the PSN Video Store. Uncharted 2, Operation Flashpoint, Bioshock 2, NFS Shift, NHL 10, NBA 2K10, FIFA 10, PES 2010, Assassins Creed 2, MAG and Gran Turismo 5. :)

Has anybody else tried the Rag Doll Kung Fu Fists Of Plastic demo?

Every time I load it up and try to play it - multiplayer, tutorial, whatever - it freezes the console! I use the PS button to try and quit the game and the PS3 reboots itself!

Is my PS3 dying or what?

Have you deleted and re downloaded the demo?

Have you deleted and re downloaded the demo?
I thought that if the demo was "verified" (i.e. it installs it okay and starts it okay) it wouldn't be a problem with the download. I might give it another go but I don't want to keep crashing the PS3, the game might be shite for all I know...

Yeah, cracking price that is. I'd go out and buy that one tomorrow if I had the money as my 40GB version is now out of warranty and I do like the sound of a quieter PS3 that uses less power and is nice and slim so I can fit it on my desk shelf.

Oh and btw, jono - the PS3 slim doesn't have an external PSU it's still internal so there's no extra adapter :D.

Great advert - about bloody time they stopped with their shitty arty farty eurotrash.

-

Random Dirt 2 images taken using the XMB Screenshot feature (I love this thing)
Clipping the wall by coming round the corner too fast

ColinMcRaeDiRT2-KRadiation.png

Up

ColinMcRaeDiRT2-KRadiation_1.png

Over

ColinMcRaeDiRT2-KRadiation_2.png

Down

ColinMcRaeDiRT2-KRadiation_3.png

And back on four wheels and away

ColinMcRaeDiRT2-KRadiation_4.png

ColinMcRaeDiRT2-KRadiation_5.png

ColinMcRaeDiRT2-KRadiation_7.png

ColinMcRaeDiRT2-KRadiation_8.png

ColinMcRaeDiRT2-KRadiation_6.png

Last edited:
I think the first game to do it was MGS4. Most do it by you pressing your PS button and moving to the 'photos' tab and then picking the screenshot icon. But some have it built into the game so you get offered a chance to save a screenshot in the game and it saves it to your hdd for you so you don;t have to XMB out.

Games that do it via the XMB

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (Only works well in Cutscenes, otherwise screen is dimmed and paused)
Dirt 2 (Replays Only)
Ghostbusters
IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey
MLB 09: The Show
Noby Noby Boy

Games that offer in game photos or allow you to save pics of your game via another method

WipeOut HD
Midnight Club LA
LittleBigPlanet
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
Lingers in Shadows
NHL 09
Resistance: Fall of Man

PSN's Crash Commando Gets a Price Cut

From August 27, 2009 until September 10, 2009, Crash Commando will be reduced to half price, dropping from £7.99 to £3.99. If you've not grabbed the chance to blast your friends into oblivion, then there's never been a better time to set your sights on the PSN game and arm yourself with its goodness.

The price crash comes with the release of great selection of new game packs to enhance your Crash Commando experience. The Heist Map Pack contains two new large standard maps to play with the new Heist mode where the acquisition of cash is just as important as eliminating your enemies. Heist can be played on and offline, and new Trophies are also available to win.

On top of Heist, there is also the chance to download the character double packs, Colonel Chaos & Army Chick, Gangsta Rapper & Reggae Rasta and Nukem Ninja & Maid Mayhem, each with their own distinct look and taunts. The packs can be purchased individually or together with the Heist Map Pack in the Crash Commando combo pack.

We don't know if a similar price cut will be coming to the US PSN, but it is likely that it will be.

http://www.ps3center.net//news/3531/psns-crash-commando-gets-a-price-cut/

featureheavyrain.jpg

According to screenwriting legend Syd Field, every page of a screenplay equals one minute of film time, on average. And this is why most films are built off scripts that are 120 pages in length. Videogames are a little different, since the developers have to make the story branch whenever the player makes significant decisions within a game. Heavy Rain is a shining example of this, because of one startling fact.

Its script is over 2,000 pages in length!

Though David Cage and his crew over at Quantic Dream have long been emphasizing the rubberband-like design strategy they were bringing to the table, as well as realistic storytelling techniques, we had no idea just how dedicated they were to creating so many different story paths within Heavy Rain. Just to round up the figures, 2,000 pages of screenplay comes out to 33 hours worth of screen time.

Obviously, the game won’t be this long. But it’s great to see so much dedication and hard work from the team at Quantic Dreams.

Did that person eject the disc without quitting the game?!

It looks like it loads games faster aswell, it only took about 5secs from when he put the disc in, mine takes at least 10 to show up.

How long did it take and what was the whole process like?

Back
Top Bottom