Sony PlayStation 3

Might be good to have in the background instead of iTunes - least you get the Vid(z)s - like having your own personal MTV :)

But I'd rather use Spotify for that I think, not overly sure when I'd use VidZone ahead of Spotify.

Maybe to check out some Girls Aloud vids and do a spot of perving? :CW:

Bought Trash Panic and I love it but fuck me it's hard. You basically have to cram all of the items into the bin and break up anything huge or breakable to make room. You can use fire to burn items and make room or use a biodegradable ball thing that in water makes everything break apart and degrade. It's way harder than it sounds and than I make it look on this video.

YouTube - Trash Panicâ„¢ Playing Video

Looks pretty cool that Rad - anything else you can tell us about it? Any trophies, MP or leaderboards?

might get that - looks better suited for an iPhone though! :LOL:

It has trophies but they look near to impossible to get. Things like finish with an AAA rating or have the bin completely empty at the end of a game.

I've not tried multiplayer but the trailer shows 2 bins side by side so I assume its offline 2 player.

there is a mission mode on offer - so far I can only pick from 3 mission so I have no idea if there are more after that, and the difficulty of them means I'll probably never see. The first mission for example has you drop a heavy metal bell into a bin then drop logs of wood down onto it. you have to hit it 108 times and if you safely guide the special items down you get some fire which can burn the logs to free up room to drop more onto the bell. It's just fucking stupidly hard though.

But I'm addicted to.

Just checked my e-mail and found a message from Eutechnyx (the makers of Ferrari Challenge) asking me to participate in a private beta for their new racing title Supercar Challenge. The beta includes the option to play in 16 player online races (or on your own if you wish to do so) on two tracks Nurburgring and Spa Francorchamps with full simulation settings and dry/wet conditions. You have the choice of three cars an Ferrari Enzo, Aston Martin DB9 and a McLaren F1. :)

Is it a sim?

Yes, I would say so Tobi. You do have the option to turn assists on and there is an arcade option, but when you turn it onto simulation mode and turn the assists off it becomes extremely hard. Racing around Spa on wet, I was losing control alot. Even in the dry my best lap times were in the 4-5 minute range due to it being so difficult. Will take some time to master it thats for sure. Overall though for initial impressions its a solid improvement over Ferrari Challenge. The graphics are better, car detail both in cockpit and external is improved as is the handling, sound seems better too and the online seems to have been worked on extensively (however there was only 1 other person online at the time of playing).

302px-Rockstar_Games_logo.svg.png

Rockstar's Agent to be "genre-defining" - Feder

Rockstar North's new espionage title for the PlayStation 3 - Agent - will be genre-defining, according to Take-Two's CEO Ben Feder.

Although solid details on the new 70s-set thriller are being kept under wraps, a confident Feder told GamesIndustry.biz that the new title from the makers of Grand Theft Auto is a perfect fit for Sony's home console.

"The game, like anything from Rockstar North, is going to be very, very cool. It's going to push the edge, it's going to be genre-defining and it's going to be a whole new way of experiencing videogames that we haven't really seen before.

"They're the best development team on the planet," added Feder, referring to Rockstar North. "We have a lot of respect for Sony, we have a lot of good business relationships with Sony. The PlayStation platforms are best suited for the title."

Feder said the company decided to go with Sony on a PlayStation 3 exclusive to help market the new title in a busy marketplace, at the sacrifice of reaching a larger audience by going multiformat.

"Exclusives do work when you weigh up the pros and the cons, the positives and the negatives of doing an exclusive, they work even at this stage of the console cycle," offered Feder.

"The trade-offs are that on the one hand if you don't go exclusive you get access to a much larger installed base but if you do go exclusive you get the support of first party publishers in a way that you wouldn't normally expect to."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/rockstars-agent-to-be-genre-defining-feder

Plus if it's a success then they will have Microsoft knocking on their door asking if they can have a piece of the cake with a truck load of money behind them.

this may be a silly question to ask, idk..

ive been xbox 360 player for three years and now considering buying a ps3, is it really worth it?

opinions and thoughts wanted

this may be a silly question to ask, idk..

ive been xbox 360 player for three years and now considering buying a ps3, is it really worth it?

opinions and thoughts wanted

As a pure game machine over 360 probably not much in it so if you have a 360 I doubt it will be, they both have some exclusive games though but is that enough to buy both?
I use the Blue-Ray a lot for movies so as a BR player and game console it's great...

but ps3 is more reliable im assuming?

as my xbox has broken for 2nd time in few months now so

i just want a console that doesn't really need repaired and has good games, plus games i buy aren't really console exclusives e.g fifa,cod,rb etc.

oh and i forgot to say i can get the ps3 for like £170 or something with two games, good deal?

but ps3 is more reliable im assuming?

as my xbox has broken for 2nd time in few months now so

i just want a console that doesn't really need repaired and has good games, plus games i buy aren't really console exclusives e.g fifa,cod,rb etc.

oh and i forgot to say i can get the ps3 for like £170 or something with two games, good deal?

Yes, it's a good deal mate and yes it is far more reliable, your Xbox is covered though, but it's annoying sending it back all the time but at that price it's worth getting the PS3 if just for the BR player...:D

ok mate, well i'll probs sell all my games/accessories and get ps3 plus things

thanks for tip/advice mate :)

Yep, I'd take that £170 deal. There's not much difference in games between both consoles, and I'd say the PS3 is more reliable.

I have seen some PS3's go wrong, seems to be the same thing each time as well. Something to do with the lights on the front changing colour and the PS3 wont turn on or something? People phone Sony who say it's £140 to fix it as it's out of warranty.

BUT there's a Sony scheme called Continous Play where you pay something like £4 a month or so insurance and if anything goes wrong during that time, Sony send you a new console. I know a few people who've had a faulty PS3, registered with CP, phoned Sony and gave them the CP registration code, got a new PS3 sent out, then cancelled CP ;)

I love my PS3 but I am tempted to get a 360 Elite aswell.
1, for the Project Natal thingy so the kids can enjoy it (when it comes out) and
2, I actually have plenty of real life mates who have a 360. I could actually play online with people I know.

I only have about 5 people I know who are online and on my PS3 buddy list but they hardly play online anyway.

I will mainly stick to PS3 but there is always the option if I have the two consoles in the house.

We’ve “Maxed Out” Xbox 360, Says EA Games VP

ps3+and+360.jpg

Patrick Soderlund, senior VP of EA Games Europe, claims that the company's developers have “maxed out” the Xbox 360.

"I like the Natal. It's an interesting device, so I'm truly impressed by Xbox. It's my personal favourite console,” he told the Official Xbox Magazine. “I think Microsoft is on a roll right now. They're doing really well. If I was Sony, I would have a headache, to be honest."

He then goes on to talk about the PS3’s potential, and whether more can be squeezed out of Xbox 360.

"Sony has a lot of good games this year. If you go to their [E3] booth, there's a very consistent, high quality product line-up and that will help them. I do think that we'll see developers inside the organisation getting to understand the PS3 better and I think that we're getting more power out of PS3 right now... I think that we've maxed out the 360 but we haven't maxed out the PS3."

http://www.edge-online.com/news/we’ve-“maxed-out”-xbox-360-says-ea-games-vp

I don't hate the xbox and it's games and that, I'd still own one if the hardware wasn't such a piece of shit. I just thought Microsoft had a poor E3 with the exception of a few games (Forza 3 and Alan Wake) but that paedophile game at the end with the concept video of lies along with it just really bugged me.

Last edited:
I can't get videos to load properly. I'm only getting vids like Lady Gaga, Black Eyed Peas. Wanted to watch the Prodigy one but it's failed all 3 times I've tried. Maybe it'll be OK tomorrow.

It's alright though, not bad for free.

I had it work great earlier but it seems as more and more jumped online to get it the service became a little shoddy and just now I've tried to load it up and keep getting errors.

Back
Top Bottom