Sony PlayStation 3

Anyone know where I can get the update for the PS3 as I wish to update it via a storage media as my internet wont last long enough for me to update my PS3!

Does anyone else get a error message when they add a "?" to their message, whenever I try to add a question mark it gives me a error code.

GUESS WHO GOT INTO THE FAT PRINCESS BETA BOYS AND GIRLS? YEP, ME! Will post impressions of this highly anticipated PSN title tomorrow afternoon once I have tried it out. :)

GUESS WHO GOT INTO THE FAT PRINCESS BETA BOYS AND GIRLS? YEP, ME! Will post impressions of this highly anticipated PSN title tomorrow afternoon once I have tried it out. :)

How did you manage that? From signing up for beta's way back in the day or where they taking applications?
-

I saw the feature they had on last months or this months free Qore and it looks great.

How did you manage that? From signing up for beta's way back in the day or where they taking applications?
-

I saw the feature they had on last months or this months free Qore and it looks great.

I was on NeoGAF earlier this week when people began talking about a Fat Princess beta. Turned out to be true and quite a few US sites were offering keys. I managed to get mine from Gamespot.com by sending them an e-mail with my username and PSN ID and yesterday they sent me a key!

Im so sorry. It just completely slipped my mind. I thought it wouldnt work since it was for US residents only. But I guess I was wrong.

I downloaded a 10mb patch for Flower today, not sure what it changed though.

Has anyone had problems with their PS3 recently ? Yesterday I was playing Fifa and suddenly all the sound cut out, I pressed start (to pause the game) and then pressed start again to un-pause it and the system crashed. using the controller menu I exited the game but then the machine started beeping several times and wouldnt shut down. I unplugged it from the mains and switched it back on and it seemed to work.

Then I had a problem with Street Fighter, I'd left it paused during extra time of the cup semi final, unpaused it and was able to finish that game, but when I tried to load a new game it hung on the loading screen (even through normally it loads in seconds as I've installed it to the HD). Again it exited the game it and it beeped loads of times and wouldnt switch off without turning off at the mains.

It's only happened twice for me, but has anyone else had this problem ?

Had a few problems with the PS3 hanging and I had to force a shutdown where the PS3 gives a few beeps. I think it's just one of those things though and it happens to all PS3's.

Since the last firmware update my PS3 has been making a lot more noise around 9pm every night when I'm playing BAP. It sounds like a bloody hoover, however when I quit the game the noise goes away.

It must be a FIFA thing because it doesn't happen with my other games, although the noise was a tiny bit high when I was playing Bad Company yesterday but it was drained out by the excellent audio in the game.

Sounds like its both, what can I use to clean it?

Are the fan add ons any good?

Wireless mics have arrived :BOP:

Last edited:
use a hoover and attach one of those things with a brush at the end and hoover out all the vents ;)

i do that at least twice a month with my one

use a hoover and attach one of those things with a brush at the end and hoover out all the vents ;)

i do that at least twice a month with my one

Sounds dodgy, I'll think about it.

Playing Singstar at the moment and the machine is silent.

You can buy cans of compressed air to give it a good blast out every month or so...

Never heard of such before, got a link?

Hoovering isn't the best idea because of all the static created, can damage the components inside the thing.

Compressed air is better, but it is damn expensive it must be said. PC World and such do them tobi if you're interested.

Hoovering isn't the best idea because of all the static created, can damage the components inside the thing.

Compressed air is better, but it is damn expensive it must be said. PC World and such do them tobi if you're interested.
but compressed air would just blow the dust further inside your ps3 right?

im about to buy one for my pc though but as i can open it up and spray it in a way where the dust goes out of the case. unless you can open up your ps3 or the dust goes out of another vent, i dont see it working too well.

they are around £6 for a can.

I'll go PC World this week and take it from there, thanks.

PS: Singstar trophies are up, voice commands are a download from the in game store tomorrow. Also custom soundtracks are now done via the XMB.

Since the last firmware update my PS3 has been making a lot more noise around 9pm every night when I'm playing BAP. It sounds like a bloody hoover, however when I quit the game the noise goes away.

It must be a FIFA thing because it doesn't happen with my other games, although the noise was a tiny bit high when I was playing Bad Company yesterday but it was drained out by the excellent audio in the game.

My fan is VERY noisy, only when watching a DVD\Blu-ray. Anyone else find this?

Mine is fine when watching DVD\Blu-ray, on occasion during a quiet scene it can be heard but its not distracting.

Back
Top Bottom