Sony PlayStation 3

I can be in FIFA 09 and get a message inviting you into a Vegas 2 session. You'd press the XBox Guide button (equivalent of the PS button) and when you click the message, it'll have a box which would load up Vegas 2 and take you straight into the Vegas session.

This works for any game, regardless of whether the game has the feature or not. Makes it a lot easier to join friends' games.

It's just a lot easier as on the PS3 now, you get a message and you have to load that game up, then search for their game and join it manually. The 360 enables you to just press to join a friends game and you only have to change disc. It also allows you to see if someone is in an open multiplayer game, and if they are then you can join their game without an invite anyway. The PS3 requires you to have to have an invite or search out your friends game session.

That is good but not a big issue for me personally. I can live without it as I don't know what I'm missing anyway having never used it.

Thanks for explanation though Snatch.

Most games I've played that have multiplayer have an invite section in the MP options and if you've had a message it's stored there as long as the invite remains activite. So you get a message load the game go into multiplayer and then accept the invite just like on Fifa where you get a message in your inbox.

I can be in FIFA 09 and get a message inviting you into a Vegas 2 session. You'd press the XBox Guide button (equivalent of the PS button) and when you click the message, it'll have a box which would load up Vegas 2 and take you straight into the Vegas session.

This works for any game, regardless of whether the game has the feature or not. Makes it a lot easier to join friends' games.

It's just a lot easier as on the PS3 now, you get a message and you have to load that game up, then search for their game and join it manually. The 360 enables you to just press to join a friends game and you only have to change disc. It also allows you to see if someone is in an open multiplayer game, and if they are then you can join their game without an invite anyway. The PS3 requires you to have to have an invite or search out your friends game session.

you still need to dig up teh vegas 2 dvd and put it inside your 360. would of been better if u can install all your games in the hdd and boot it from there. wanna play vegas 2 whole your in fifa? sure just accept my invite and it will automaticly shut down fifa and auto launch vegas 2 with a single press of a button.

Most games I've played that have multiplayer have an invite section in the MP options and if you've had a message it's stored there as long as the invite remains activite. So you get a message load the game go into multiplayer and then accept the invite just like on Fifa where you get a message in your inbox.
yea bad company has this feature and i image kz2 has it too?

you still need to dig up teh vegas 2 dvd and put it inside your 360. would of been better if u can install all your games in the hdd and boot it from there. wanna play vegas 2 whole your in fifa? sure just accept my invite and it will automaticly shut down fifa and auto launch vegas 2 with a single press of a button.

Wouldnt happen for security though - but I agree, swapping disks is soooooo old.

Better if you could install the game to HDD then use some other form of security to validate you own the game... dunno what, some boffin needs the think of something though!

They must be able to do it the same way downloading a full game like burnout works. Add something to the servers so when you install it to your HDD it downloads a patch that locks it to that PSN.

Wouldnt happen for security though - but I agree, swapping disks is soooooo old.

Better if you could install the game to HDD then use some other form of security to validate you own the game... dunno what, some boffin needs the think of something though!
they already have a system in check for that and its called "xbox live"

the 360 is dead easy to pirate already mate but what stops people from chipping there consoles is warranty and a ban from xbox live.

They should simply add a feature where you would need to insert the CD every 30 days or something. this way you cant rent a game return it and still play after that date.

my idea - you install the game then it downloads a small file which locks it to your PSN. It also adds a remove from PSN option for when you want to un-install the game so you can sell it off or trade it in.

my idea - you install the game then it downloads a small file which locks it to your PSN. It also adds a remove from PSN option for when you want to un-install the game so you can sell it off or trade it in.

That's not a bad idea at all. However, I can see hackers exploiting that lock though if it's downloaded to the hard drive. Hackers are already working on transferring downloaded PSN games as it is.

If I'm really honest I'm never that eager to switch games that quickly. If I have a clan/league match it's always arranged prior to switching the PS3 on. Even when I had my Xbox it was never an issue. People used to message all the time, but at the end of the day if I'm half way through a campaign I'm not going to switch and play another game. As I say, personally it's never been an issue but I can see the advantages for others.

:SNACK:

The latest episode of Qore is free (features Fat Princess) and the Killzone 2 advert demo is on the better store.

Looks good, considering the scope.

Anyone know where I can get a new/2nd hand copy of Formula One Championship Edition?

Last edited:
Anyone know where I can get a new/2nd hand copy of Formula One Championship Edition?

I've still got that. If you find it give us a shout for a race. Haven't played it that much but I think it's pretty good.

Half tempted to get a steering wheel for driving games aswell as I reckon it would be cool. Anybody recommend any? I wouldn't pay a fortune for one though.

Will do, the new F1 season has put it on my radar again.

I've still got that. If you find it give us a shout for a race. Haven't played it that much but I think it's pretty good.

Half tempted to get a steering wheel for driving games aswell as I reckon it would be cool. Anybody recommend any? I wouldn't pay a fortune for one though.

logitech g25 wheel. treat yourself

I sold F1 last year, but really enjoying the racing so far this year, so downloaded the demo again on Sunday :LOL: still a great game, gonna re-hunt it down myself.

I'm selling my G25 - mint condition, get around £160-170 on Ebay any offers around that sort of area welcome ;))

I sold F1 last year, but really enjoying the racing so far this year, so downloaded the demo again on Sunday :LOL: still a great game, gonna re-hunt it down myself.

I'm selling my G25 - mint condition, get around £160-170 on Ebay any offers around that sort of area welcome ;))
LOL dont bother buying it for that price. i got mine from play.com for that price so a 2nd hand shouldnt be bought for that sort of money

Last edited:
Yeah they're more like £100-110 delivered in the main auctions (not buy it now).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Logitech-G25-...14&_trkparms=72:1687|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

By the looks of it SJP really wants a cheap reliable wheel not a pro wheel. I'd go for one of the Logitech PS3 wheels. I've played on one at my mates house, it was pretty responsive and light to the touch. Only cost about £30-50 new.

£50 odd is all I would go for due to the fact I couldn't justify spending much more as I don't play driving games enough. The kids would enjoy aswell.

Back
Top Bottom