Sony PlayStation 3

Fire Pro!!!! GET IN!

That MW2 teaser is crap, barely even a teaser :(

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.fireproclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20461
^ The original topic

If you haven't been following that topic, you're out of the loop. Time to get caught up.
Spike and GHM are being very nice to us right now. We owe them a giant thank you.
Be sure to read this ENTIRE post.
Read it SLOWLY.
All the way to the end. I'm serious.

NOW... for the info
------------------------------

On September 9th, 2009
For Playstation 3 and XBOX 360
Format: Download only
Region: Japan

Developed by S-Neo and Grasshopper Manufacture
Published by Spike

Fire Pro Wrestling HD
A new installment in the Fire Pro Wrestling series featuring high definition graphics and online functionality to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Fire Pro.

- Full 1080p support
- High resolution 2D sprites (3 times the pixel density of Fire Pro Returns)
- "Rebuilt" game engine
- XBOX Live and Playstation Network support for online play
- FULL ENGLISH TRANSLATION AVAILABLE FROM THE OPTIONS MENU
- Unlockables
- Downloadable content (download moves?!)
- Custom soundtrack support
- Upgraded logo editor featuring "image import".
- Share edits and logos online with friends via PSN and XBOX Live

Confirmed modes

Champion Road
One Night Match
Match Maker
Point Battle
Team Mach
Survival
Online Play
League
Tournament
Edit
Card Shop

Known mode details

Champion Road

A decision driven ‘career mode’ similar to Fighting Road from Fire Pro Wrestling G.
You begin by selecting your starting location. (Japan, America, Mexico, England)
You cannot use any default wrestlers or pre-made edits.
You have to start with a new character that has limited edit points.
Edit points, moves, and ring attire are collected by earning points in matches.
Points are earned based on audience ranking and other factors.
Your starting location also determines your available choices.
Advancing in Champion Road earns tokens that can be spent at the Card Shop.

One Night Match

All exhibition match options are available through One Night Match.

Confirmed match types

1 vs 1
Tag Team
Four Team Match ( 4 teams of 2 ?)
Battle Royale
Title Match
SWA Rules
Gruesome Fighting
Cage Match
Exploding Cage Match
Landmine Death Match
And 2 new match types that haven’t been revealed yet

New match features

Audience ranking for all match types
Captain’s fall rule
Lucha tag rule
Defend titles in any match type
New weapons
Match speed in custom increments (ex: 108%, 122%, etc)

Match Maker

The new version of Match Maker isn’t structured.
There are no objectives or pre-made scenarios.
You can book complete shows with defaults and edits.
All One Night Match and tournament / league options are available within Match Maker

Point Battle

A new mode to Fire Pro Wrestling!
The game randomly selects wrestlers from the roster for a match
You then bet on the outcome of the match
Tokens you earn can be spent at the Card Shop
COM vs COM only

Team Match

The standard 5 vs 5 elimination mode from previous Fire Pro games
1 vs 1 matches only

Survival

Wrestle an endless line of opponents until you lose
Earn tokens to spend in the Card Shop

Online Play

Play against friends or random opponents via XBOX Live and Playstation Network
Voice chat support
Online Point Battle where you can bet tokens against other players
"Party Play"
"Spectator"

League and Tournament

Titles can be awarded to winners of leagues and tournaments

Edit Mode

Wrestler Edit
Ref Edit
Belt Edit
Organization Edit
Logo Edit
Ring Edit
Trade

New edit features

Logo editor allows for ‘image import’
Trade: Online sharing of all edit content
"Advanced ring edit"
Alternate attires for wrestler edits
Edit space is based on available hard drive space

Card Shop

This is where you spend your earned tokens to purchase in-game content.
Confirmed content: templates, default characters, alternate attires, artwork, videos
You will buy ‘collector cards’ for the unlockable material. The cards will be displayed in your card collection

NeoGAF post

Oh my god!!! In ENGLISH!! Download only too, thats cool, got an asian account set up.

Superb news... look at those features, amazing - and online play/sharing.

Ah... one thing... how do you pay for items from the Jap store? Guess we've got a few months to work it out.

Surely this will get at least a US release??

I'd imagine that it would get a release outside of Japan, it definitely has an audience.

I can't remember my Japanese account details since I got my refurb PS3, may have to make a new one.

I've not made a Japanese account yet. Can I use Entropay with the J store as well?

Found this regarding Entropay, not sure if it applies to the Japanese store.

Those of you hoping to grab yourself a copy of Qore, or purchase anything else on the US PSN whilst not actually having a US credit card, can colour yourselves disappointed. Apparently, the virtual Visa Card issuer Entropay no longer works in Sony’s online shop.

A member of the EU Playstation Boards has posted the following mail which he received from Entropay after realising the service no longer worked.

Dear XXXXXXX

We apologise for the inconvenience.
Although our cards accepted by a vast majority of online merchants, please note Playstation has changed their payment mechanism and is unable to process payments with prepaid cards.
Any pre-authorisations you have should be refunded within 6 working days.
Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Michelle

EntroPay Support

Source

I'm sure I've seen that before and people responded saying theirs still worked.

I'm buggered if it doesn't do, how else would I get my RB DLC? Or Ten tonight? :(

Edit: From the International RB FAQ

Unfortunately, PSN is no longer allowing new entropay cards onto the system. If you have one that's already registered with them, it should still work fine.
Supposedly the reason entropay cards do not work i because PSN is clamping down on prepaid cards, which may mean that physical prepaid cards will not work. We are unsure of this, if you want to try it, feel free and let us know if it works, the address registration and the such should work in much the same way as it did for entropay.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Shite! When was that? I've still got money loaded in there and if I cannot use it, then my whole Rock Band experience is fucked (including Ten today!).

I used it on Sunday to download a load of songs for RB2 from the US Store... might be existing ones are ok, but it wont work with new set-ups, like Amex did when people first figured it out (i.e. if you had already set it up it still worked, but nobody after a certain date could get it to work???)

====

Hang on, look at the date of that blog....Sept 08! Think we are safe Dags! :LOL:

I'm sure I've seen that before and people responded saying theirs still worked.

I'm buggered if it doesn't do, how else would I get my RB DLC? Or Ten tonight? :(

Fancy co-oping through 10 over the weekend? I dont mind what I play, but prefer the drums now obviously!

Fancy co-oping through 10 over the weekend? I dont mind what I play, but prefer the drums now obviously!

Definately mate! I don't mind doing any instrument to be honest, although I'm probably only on Hard level so don't expect miracles :D

You've got RB2, right? How does online BWT work? Can we setup an online band and change members when we want? My housemate will want a go joining us as well so we could do with another band member.

Radiation, do you have RB2? Can people with RB1 do online with RB2 folks?

Definately mate! I don't mind doing any instrument to be honest, although I'm probably only on Hard level so don't expect miracles :D

You've got RB2, right? How does online BWT work? Can we setup an online band and change members when we want? My housemate will want a go joining us as well so we could do with another band member.

Radiation, do you have RB2? Can people with RB1 do online with RB2 folks?

In answer to your questions... aint got a clue! never played rb2 online.

i wouldnt think that rb1 and rb2 will work together online? But yea, more the merrier!

No I never bought RB2. I tried but TSB kept blocking every attempt i made to purchase from that Canadian site thinking some dodgy hackers were on a spending spree over there. In the end I gave up and spent my money on something else.

-

I hope they bring FPW to the US and EU. It would seems stupid for them not to offer it as a download in those 2 regions and miss out on some money. I used to have a JPN account but when i had my ps3 replaced i forgot what the login email address was and password, although i have no idea how you buy something from there anyway.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend a good theme to download from the internet? I'm bored of the PSN Store ones now.

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time due in Autumn :COOL:

PSU have tons of themes to download.

Im guessing its either a PS3 or PSP price cut or the anouncement of firmware 2.70 for release on Wednesday, which would make it April 1st and Eurogamer said that its coming in April.

I saw in The Mirror today they've finally removed the counter of days since we invaded Iraq and have still not found any WMD's. They now have a counter showing how long Nick has been without his PS3.

Doesn't make sense.

"360 is outselling the PS3, what can we do? I KNOW! Let's drop the price of the PS2 instead!"

:ROLL:

Back
Top Bottom