Sony PlayStation 3

Fat Princess is going to be at GDC next week.

:COOL:

Some news...

On the Playstation blog a user named ruffneckc had this to post:
When are we getting game launching abilities for every multiplayer game in the PS3 library? Why is it that the most basic of features for both the XMB and HOME get prioritized and delivered before all the extra stuff?

1) XMB - Voice Chat across games
2) XMB - Voice messaging(30 sec clip)
3) HOME - Game Launching for all games

Deliver what the fans want first and foremost then surprise us with all this Xi stuff.

Now CydoniaX who is one of the lead people with Playstation Home posted this reply:

All that stuff is still in development, game launching started with Warhawk and should be supported by all future game spaces now. It takes time, but we haven't forgotten about all the stuff that our users really want!

It has been rumoured that this update is due out by the end of the month.

I love my PS3, but you gotta admit that the 360 does the online stuff spot in, X-game invites, party mode (even when all playing other games) and all the other stuff.

I think you have to accept the limitations of the PS3 online due to it being free. Those things WOULD be nice, but I also dont want to pay out for 2 lots of yearly online gaming, so anything Sony can do is a bonus in my book...

what otehr stuff is good about xbox live besides two things u have mentioned? PSN is very close to being as good as the 360 BUT imo u have got to include Home in that argument and when you do, they are a match feature by feature.

360 doesnt have anything like Home and Home has HUGE potential and is free.

Most 360 online games are P2P as well, hench why not many exclusive FPS games(if any) on the 360 handle more then 16 players online.

killzone 2 handles 32 perfectly and so does resistence 2(60players).

i say, the ps3 is on par if not better then xbox live pound for pound and is free.

what otehr stuff is good about xbox live besides two things u have mentioned? PSN is very close to being as good as the 360 BUT imo u have got to include Home in that argument and when you do, they are a match feature by feature.

360 doesnt have anything like Home and Home has HUGE potential and is free.

Most 360 online games are P2P as well, hench why not many exclusive FPS games(if any) on the 360 handle more then 16 players online.

killzone 2 handles 32 perfectly and so does resistence 2(60players).

i say, the ps3 is on par if not better then xbox live pound for pound and is free.

Dont get me wrong, not having a fanboy moment - just saying, the whole NXE and the way it handles online friends, messaging, match making etc is far superior on the 360.

I'd be amazed if anyone doesnt agree!

PS3 does what it does very well, but you've got to admit the XMB is a bit clunky, everything needs to load so to simply send a message takes far longer than it should, checking your trophies isnt intuitive and needs loading, you cannot do x-game invites, no party modes etc.

Like I say, I've been a strong supporter of the PS3, so not gonna lay into it now, but I'm happy also comfortable to admit that the 360 does stuff better.

The PS3 online is free (and long may that continue) and what it offers is superb value - I rarely get any lag in games and as you say, 32 player online is great (though in reality, fucking annoying game wise! :LOL:).

Home is not really a factor - UNTIL it becomes the 'NXE' of the PS3. If they can get the PS3 booting straight into Home and quickly, then you start in your appartment where you can see your trophies on the wall, friends online (telephone/PC sort of icon in your flat) etc, then all Home is, is a worthless gimmick at the moment.

Again, fair play for it being free, but its pointless. You have to load it seperately and then what? Wander around talking to randoms, then decide you'd rather be playing a game anyway.

Its a great start and has fantastic potential on paper, but I dont see it going anywhere.

Thats becuase, the kids parents buy whichever is cheapest and the 360 is alot cheaper and affordable then the ps3:BOP:

But it's not really once you've bought the wireless adapters, the Xbox live subscriptions etc etc... and don't forget the replacement console once your other one has packed up and your kids are screaming that they want to be playing their Xbox.

:TTTH::P

I still think the old blades style was better than the current NXE. The NXE has gone all cross-media bar style - where have we seen that before? ;)

Please don't turn this thread into another fanboy war, how many times is it going to happen...

If you absolutely have to do it remember THIS THREAD.
That way anyone who doesn't want to read over and over again rehashed sarcastic rewrites of "lol 360s break a lot" and "lol ps3s online is free u get what u pay for" can avoid it.

Last edited:
Please don't turn this thread into another fanboy war, how many times is it going to happen...

If you absolutely have to do it remember THIS THREAD.
That way anyone who doesn't want to read over and over again rehashed sarcastic rewrites of "lol 360s break a lot" and "lol ps3s online is free u get what u pay for" can avoid it.

Furry muff - always nice to revisit the old wars once in a while :LOL:

I think you should only comment if you own both consoles :)

I wonder what people would do if XBL started to offer free online but the same subscription charge for the extra features. I wonder how many would still pay happily the same amount?

I wonder what people would do if XBL started to offer free online but the same subscription charge for the extra features. I wonder how many would still pay happily the same amount?
If that's a genuine question it should go in the 360 thread really. :OT:

;)

2.70 'definitely' going live this week.

Resistance 2 being patched this week too (giving more evidence to 2.7 actually going live) that lets another local player log into their PSN id to track their scores etc in a co-op game.

The devs said they needed new firmware from Sony to allow this to work...

Some news...

On the Playstation blog a user named ruffneckc had this to post:

Now CydoniaX who is one of the lead people with Playstation Home posted this reply:

It has been rumoured that this update is due out by the end of the month.

CydoniaX replied on March 24, 2009 at 3:47 pm

Guys, some clarification seems to be needed on my above comment, apologies for being misleading. I was talking about voice chat for Home in general being worked on, not specifically about voice chat across games or voice messaging on the XMB. I can see how my quick answer was taken as a confirmation on all 3 items, but this is not the case.

:(

Anyone tried this XI yet?

Edit: Supposedly this is the update feature list ...

Friends List:

* Voice Messaging is now available rather than text after selecting a user on the friends list max time is 30 seconds.
* Saved Playstation Home avatar photos can be selected as photo ID for PSN tag/Friends List.
* Trophy number and Gamer Level are now listed under Friend names.

PSN & Trophies:

* PSN tag layout has been changed to resemble the Playstation Store.
*"Recent Trophy History" option is added.
* New trophies auto-sync in the background
* Server infrastructure for Trophies has been optimized. This make the loading on Trophies and PSN tags faster.

In-Game XMB:

* Loading time for In-Game XMB has been reduced.
* "Theme settings" is usable in-game is now available, allowing custom themes to be used on the In-Game XMB (finally).
* Internet Browser can now be used while in-game.
* Voice messaging and voice chat can be used while in-game.
* Options that cant be used in the in-game-XMB are grayed out, to reduce confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope in the future they allow you to change the audio output in game, being able to change from DD to DTS for example.

Sony plans to launch PlayStation 3 firmware 2.7 "in April", according to a pair of developers speaking to Eurogamer anonymously.

Speculation about new firmware intensified overnight after vg247 reported it was imminent, and Insomniac's James Stevenson implied that it would be required for a new Resistance 2 patch to work.

The Resistance 2 update - version 1.5 - had been announced for Thursday, 26th March in a GameSpot video subsequently pulled, and includes the option for two people to sign in with separate PSN IDs on one system for co-op - a first for the PS3 and something the current system software presumably can't handle.

The patch also reintroduces the Meltdown multiplayer mode from Resistance: Fall of Man and a new "Superhuman" difficulty level for co-op.

The GameSpot report said that it would be joined tomorrow by a USD 5.99 premium Aftermath map pack (details TBC, although maps are said to be smaller-scale), and new downloadable skins for USD 0.99 each.

On the firmware, Stevenson had written on a Joystiq thread, "Resistance 2 is the first game to fully log-in two PSN accounts... And it was dependent on a Sony update, hence why it wasn't in when the game shipped."

Sony couldn't confirm the release date or any other details about the 2.7 firmware at the time of writing.

Upcoming PLAYSTATION® Store Content

Thursday, March 26th, 2009

Downloadable Content:

Guitar Hero World Tour DLC

Queen Track Pack

1.) "We Are The Champions"
2.) "Fat Bottomed Girls"
3.) "C-lebrity"

Classic James Bond Theme Song

Rock Band DLC

Pearl Jam's "Ten" Album

LittleBigPlanet DLC

Buzz! costume
LBP_Thumb_Costume_BUZZs.png

Resistance 2 Aftermath Map Pack

PSN Games:

Burn Zombie Burn-
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/03/09/burn-zombie-burn-ignites-ps3s-march-26th/

Definately getting Ten :ROCK:

Heard about BZB but I'll wait for user impressions first I think.

CoD4 MW2 teaser.

Click

Fire Pro Wrestling HD has been announced with a ton of features but so far only has a Japan release.

More Fat Princess videos.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom