Sony PlayStation 3

I've never played it, is it as fun as Katamari or is it all a bit pointless and tech demo like? By tech demo I mean you just sort of mess around with nothing to guide on onwards until you get fed up of it and never go back.

That pretty much sums it up, I do enjoy it in a weird way though.

I've never played Katamari.

I played Katamari on the 360 and enjoyed it, I just can't enjoy this though. It's fun for 5 mins while you mess around but after that, it quickly lost its appeal.

run_sack_boy_run.jpg

:LOL:

Empire Forum

New PixelJunk game footage.

YouTube - PixelJunkâ„¢1-4 trailer

Looks awesome.

OVERVIEW

The next downloadable game from Kyoto-based developer Q-Games is the strategic shooter PixelJunk #4 (working title). In PixelJunk #4, players pilot a subterranean exploration vehicle to explore the interior of diverse cave-like complexes. The player must affect the surrounding and dynamic terrain to progress. The goal is to safely navigate through each vivid stage and rescue survivors scattered about the cavernous environment. Each stage is in-effect a flow simulation whereby the player attempts to control various types of liquid (water, magma, etc) and solid matter (rock, earth) either by destroying it, manipulating it or moving it. These dynamic fluid effects are at the heart of the game's visuals.

Strategy is paramount in PixelJunk #4. The piloted craft is susceptible to extremes of heat, so the player must be careful about the craft's proximity to magma. If the craft becomes too hot, the player can regain a comfortable temperature by plunging into the nearest water source. Additionally, each stage presents a puzzle scenario for the player to solve in order to safely rescue as many survivors as possible. Both environmental elements and enemies, including Bosses, will attempt to hamper the player's progress.

PixelJunk #4 is the fourth game in Q-Games' PixelJunk series, which blends simple, addictive gameplay with crisp and attractive graphics designed for optimal viewing in full 1080p High Definition (HD).

FEATURES

* Distinctive Visuals and Music – Features several unique stages with stylishly designed graphics and original music.
* Fluid Dynamics and Effects – The dynamic rendition of water, magma and other substances is the visual centerpiece in PixelJunk #4.
* Stages as Puzzles – Players attempt to change the terrain and environment around them to progress. It often takes strategy, planning and old-fashioned trial and error to succeed.
* Online Rankings and YouTube Uploading – Share your scores and game footage with the world.
* Rumble Support – Feel the effects when the craft bumps into the cavern's walls.
* Remote Play – Supports Remote Play for the PSP system.
* Trophy Support – PixelJunk #4 will fully support PlayStation Trophies.

Source

Last edited:
Upcoming PLAYSTATION® Store Content
Thursday, April 30th, 2009

Demo:

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

Downloadable Content:

Guitar Hero World Tour

The Nirvana Track Pack

1.) "Very Ape"
2.) "Sappy"
3.) "Stay Away"

Rock Band

Jane's Addiction's Nothing's Shocking Album

"Up the Beach"
"Ocean Size"
"Had a Dad"
"Ted, Just Admit It…"
"Standing in the Shower… Thinking"
"Summertime Rolls"
"Idiots Rule"
"Jane Says"
"Thank You Boys"
"Pig's in Zen"

LittleBigPlanet

Egyptian Mythology Mini Pack

Inspired by Egyptian mythology this pack has costumes for Anubis and Sekhmet along with 10 theme stickers to help you add some Egyptian flavour to your levels. Contains :
- Anubis costume : Anubis mask, Anubis robes
- Sekhmet costume : Sekhmet mask, Sekhmet robes
- 10 Egyptian theme stickers

Killzone 2
Steel and Titanium pack

Burnout Paradise

Cops and Robbers Pack

Rumored content.

Wolverine Origins Demo
Bionic Commando Multiplayer Demo

Not much of a good update for me, but I can see people being all over the Cops & Robbers (Tobi!!!) and the KZ2 packs.

The song choice on GHWT is poor again... jeez. The Jane's Addiction album does nothing for me, though I do like a lot of their stuff. I was a bit disappointed with the GnR album the other week, which I've not found fun to play.

Will stick MvC2 on my GP2x later anyways :LOL:

PS3 to get motion-sensing controller?

Variety is quoting "several sources" as saying a motion-sensing controller is in development for PlayStation 3.

One source claimed to have seen the device several months ago. Two others said it will be unveiled at E3 in June.

The controller apparently uses LEDs and a webcam to track movement. "Because the camera can read different color lights and the shape and angle of each light, it's much more accurate than the Wiimote," reckons the Variety report.

"It can track precise movements, including along the Z axis (pushing toward and away from the TV; something the Wii is really bad at) as well as velocity."

The controller is said to look "kinda funky", with "a bulb to house the LEDs on the end". Word is that Sony wants developers and publishers to produce some early software to show it off.

Sony has yet to comment on the story, but it's unlikely they'll break with tradition and comment on rumour or speculation.

The Wolverine demo is basically Heavenly Sword.

Sony will let PS3 owners stream music videos to their console this summer, using a totally rad new service called VidZone. Mega.

This contemporary-sounding application will be free and appear on the XMB once downloaded from the PS Store. We're promised a stonking selection from both major and independent music labels alike, covering not only music videos, but behind-the-scenes, making-of and live concert footage as well. Yes, expect the latest chart hits from the likes of C&C Music Factory!

These can be individually streamed or saved into playlists, and manipulated by fast-forwarding or rewinding. Videos can even be transferred onto PSP so you can pop the handheld on your shoulder and bop along as you pump up your favourite jam.

VidZone, however, will only be available in the UK, Ireland, France, Italy, Germany, Spain and Australia. Psych!

Sounds good, I hope we can buy songs from it eventually.

Now I dont know if this 100% accurate or if its just David Reeves going senile before he quit SCEE but he said in an interview that you can listen to the songs (not watching them obviously) in the background and play a game which will be a great feature.

Ahh, Could this be a "loophole" way of getting ingame music without Microsofts copyrighted stuff.

Anyone get an email from Shopto about Security Policy‏?

I smell something fishy ever since they were accused of card fraud. It would help if their site looked more professional.

Anyone get an email from Shopto about Security Policy‏?

I smell something fishy ever since they were accused of card fraud. It would help if their site looked more professional.

Yea, I did - not read it yet though... i'll go have a look now...

===

Nah Tobi, think that sounds ok.

They kind of ask for it when they force everyone to store their bank numbers on their site. I don't see why they force their cusomers into that unless they're using it to sell the details on or use it themselves for fraud.

A few weeks ago they sent me an email saying that they had removed my card details because of a three month inactivity period. That was about the time when the story first appeared on the internet.

I haven't bought anything from the GAME website in almost a year but they have never sent me an email like the Shopto one before before. My card details are still there too.

The three month inactivity period is an easy excuse when your trying to cover your tracks.

Oh I had that email last week about removing my details. Though my card had expired about 3 months ago.

looks like i will stick with play.com. they do store your card details as well though. i was looking to pre order sims 3 from shopto as well

Last edited:
Never really got into FF due to all the turn-based battles. It looks amazing though, just not my cup of tea.

Back
Top Bottom