Sony PlayStation 3

Upcoming PLAYSTATION® Store Content

Thursday, November 20th, 2008

Bioshock DLC(Challenge Rooms)

* A Shocking Turn of Events – A Little Sister is trapped atop a Ferris wheel in an undisclosed location in Rapture. Using only the tools and environment around them, players must use their wits to create electricity to power the Ferris wheel and bring the Little Sister to safety.
* The I in Team – Using limited resources, and an even more limited arsenal, players must negotiate traps and find a way to defeat a Big Daddy using their wits instead of raw firepower.
* Worlds of Hurt – Step up and take on the most grueling challenge offered in the world of Rapture. Players must battle through eight rooms of Big Daddies, Splicers and the worst that Rapture has to offer. Accumulate Adam, build an arsenal of Plasmids, Tonics and Weaponry, and fight through to rescue the Little Sister.
o New Trophies for DLC. Costs $9.99

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/11/03/bioshock-challenge-rooms-dlc-coming-november-20th-for-9-99/

Dead Space DLC

Astronaut Pack: Download the Astronaut Suit and Weapon Skin Pack, featuring an amazing Astronaut Suit and new skins for the Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, and Ripper!
– $3.00 /
Big Gun Pack: Download the Steam Punk Force Gun, the ultimate in Necromorph-killing destruction.
– $1.00 /
Heavy Damage Pack: Download the Heavy Damage Weapon pack featuring a cool new look and massive firepower for the Plasma Cutter, Contact Beam, Pulse Rifle, and Ripper.
– $3.00 /
Hot Rod Pack: Download the Hot Rod Weapon Skin Pack, featuring awesome flame graphics for the Flamethrower and Pulse Rifle.
– $1.00 /
Military Pack: Download the Military Weapon Pack for a new look and enhanced power for all 7 Dead Space weapons.
– $4.00 /
Pedestrian Pack: Download the Pedestrian Weapon Skin Pack, featuring a fresh new look for the Contact Beam, Plasma Cutter, and Ripper.
– $1.50 /
Scorpion Pack: Download the Scorpion Pack featuring an upgraded Level 5 Suit and powered up Plasma Cutter, Line Gun, and Force Gun, all decorated in an awesome red Scorpion Skin.
– $4.00 /
Scorpion Weapon Pack: Download the Scorpion Weapon Pack featuring a faster death-dealing Plasma Cutter, Line Gun, and Force Gun in awesome red skins.
– $2.25 /
Speed Kills Pack: Download the Speed Kills Weapon Pack! Includes faster-firing Force Gun, Line Gun, and Plasma Cutter.
– $2.25 /
Tank Pack: Download the Tank Pack featuring an upgraded Level 5 Suit and powered up Flamethrower, Force Gun, and Line Gun, all covered in Unitology script.
– $4.00 /
Obsidian Weapon Skin Pack: Download the exclusive Obsidian Weapon Skin Pack now, available only for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. Includes weapon skins in jet-black PLAYSTATION 3 colors for the Line Gun, Plasma Cutter, and Pulse Rifle.
– $1.50

Obsidian Pack: Download the exclusive Obsidian Suit and Weapon Skin Pack now, available only for the PLAYSTATION®3! Includes an upgraded Level 5 suit, and weapon skins for the Line Gun, Plasma Cutter, and Pulse Rifle, all in jet-black PLAYSTATION®3 colors.
– $3.00

http://news.ea.com/portal/site/ea/i...gId=1012492&newsId=20081110005587&newsLang=en

Rock Band DLC

* Dead Kennedys 3 Pack:

1. "California Uber Alles"
2. "Holiday In Cambodia"
3. "Police Truck"

* Mission Of Burma 3 Pack:

1. "Mica"
2. "That's How I Escaped My Certain Fate"
3. "That's When I Reach For My Revolver"

* Century Media Girls of Metal 3 Pack:

1. "Forever" -- In This Moment
2. "Closer" -- Lacuna Coil
3. "Swamped" -- Lacuna Coil

Other:

"Gone" -- Crooked X

LittleBigPlanet DLC

You may have remembered us mentioning, that we will be giving away a FREE LBP downloadable costume once a week. Well, beginning this Thursday, you will be able to dress your SackBoy or SackGirl with a brand new “Sack-in-the-Box” costume! This costume was designed by “nebu1ou5″ from Rydal, PA, the US winner of the “LittleBigChallenge 003- Official in-game SackBoy Costume Contest”. Congratulations to nebu1ou5! Take a look at the original sketch and the final in-game costume below.

US Winner of LittleBigChallenge 003

3041315627_9bc0b21869.jpg

3042227714_da79df136d.jpg

On top of this, fans of the quirky world of LocoRoco will be happy to hear that new LocoRoco-themed SackBoy costumes will be available for download at the PlayStation Store as well. What better way to gear up for the release of LocoRoco 2? All five costumes will be available beginning on November 20 and will be a mere $2.99 for ALL FIVE! Take a look …
3041364175_c44b839b10.jpg

As you can tell, LBP has lots to offer fans EVERY WEEK. Please check back again next week for the latest downloadable items for LittleBigPlanet. See you online!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/11/18/littlebigplanet-weekly-download-update/

Guitar Hero World Tour DLC

The Raconteurs Track Pack

* Salute Your Solution
* Hold Up
* Consoler of the Lonely

Karaoke Revolution Presents American Idol Encore 2 DLC

http://www.konami-data.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=110122#Post110122

Last edited:
Question, if I were to buy QuickTime 7 Pro would I be able to save movie trailers and then convert them so that I can put them on my PS3?

Can you give me some links...

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've come across Vuze but I'm not sure if I can save the files.

Last edited:
PS3 Trophies Are Now MANDATORY

That's right. MANDATORY. Refuse to put trophies in your game and you, developers, will be SHOT. Your families, BILLED for the expense. Or...at least, Sony will be very cranky with you. Because, come January, all new PS3 games must have trophy support. No ifs or buts. So no more patching, no more developer ambivalence, no more inconsistencies. Not sure why Sony didn't do this from the start, but doing it now, at the middle, is better than never doing it at all.

Plenty of good content to DL from the US store, I wish they had more movie trailers though especially considering that they are one the biggest studios on the planet. The movie trailer lineup in our store is a slap in the face.

USA Store content

U.S. PlayStation®Store Update for November 20th
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/11/20/playstation-store-update-61/

Add-on Game Content

LittleBigPlanet Sack in the Box Costume (free)
File size: 1.04 MB

LittleBigPlanet LocoRoco Costumes ($2.99)

BioShock PS3 Challenge Rooms ($9.99)
File size: 402 MB

Dead Space
* Dead Space Astronaut Pack ($2.99)
* Dead Space Big Gun Pack ($0.99)
* Dead Space Heavy Damage Pack ($2.99)
* Dead Space Hot Rod Pack ($0.99)
* Dead Space Military Pack ($3.99)
* Dead Space Obsidian Pack ($1.49)
* Dead Space Obsidian Weapon Skin Pack ($1.49)
* Dead Space Pedestrian Pack ($1.49)
* Dead Space Scorpion Pack ($3.99)
* Dead Space Scorpion Weapon Pack ($2.25)
* Dead Space Speed Kills Pack ($2.25)
* Dead Space Tank Pack ($3.99)
File sizes: 4.12 MB - 18 MB

Guitar Hero World Tour
* “Consoler of the Lonely” by The Raconteurs ($1.99)
* “Hold Up” by The Raconteurs ($1.99)
* “Salute Your Solution” by The Raconteurs ($1.99)
* The Raconteurs Track Pack ($5.49) - Downloadable Track Pack for Guitar Hero World Tour featuring “Consoler of the Lonely”, “Hold Up”, and “Salute Your Solution” by The Raconteurs.

Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2
* (I Just) Died In Your Arms ($1.49)
* All You Wanted ($1.49)
* Black Hole Sun ($1.49)
* It’s Not Unusual ($1.49)
* September ($1.49)
File sizes: 9.73 MB - 44 MB

Rock Band
* “That’s When I Reach for my Revolver” - Mission of Burma ($1.99)
* “That’s How I Escaped My Certain Fate” - Mission of Burma ($1.99)
* “Mica” - Mission of Burma ($1.99)
* Mission of Burma Pack 01 ($5.49) - this track pack includes all of the above Mission of Burma singles.
* “Police Truck” - Dead Kennedys ($1.99)
* “Holiday in Cambodia” - Dead Kennedys ($1.99)
* “California Über Alles” - Dead Kennedys ($1.99)
* Dead Kennedys Pack 01 ($5.49) - this track pack includes all of the above Dead Kennedys singles.
* “Gone” - Crooked X ($0.99)
* “Swamped” - Lacuna Coil ($1.99)
* “Forever” - In This Moment ($1.99)
* “Closer” - Lacuna Coil ($1.99)
* Century Media Girls of Metal Pack 01 ($5.49) - this track pack includes
File sizes: 15 MB - 36 MB (singles)

Game Demos (free)

MotoGP 08 Demo
ESRB Rated E
File size: 672 MB

Game Videos (free)

MotorStorm Pacific Rift Features and Strategy Trailer
File size: 70 MB (HD), 118 MB (1080)

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe: Kreating the Comic Trailer
File size: 129 MB (HD)

Lord of the Rings: Conquest Trailer
File size: 81 MB (HD)

NBA 2K9 Momentous #1 Trailer
File size: 85 MB (HD), 100 MB (1080)

NBA 2K9 Momentous Trailer 2
File size: 116 MB (HD), 155 MB (1080)

Tom Clancy’s EndWar Launch Trailer
File size: 77 MB (HD)

FIFA 09 “In The Game” Part 8 - Online Team Play
File size: 191 MB (HD)

Dew Tour: Orlando - Chad Kagy
File size: 109 MB (HD)

Dew Tour: Orlando - Adam Jones
File sizes: 107 MB (HD)

Dew Tour: Orlando - From Flow to Pro
File sizes: 97 MB (HD)

Dew Tour: Orlando - BMX Dirt Dew Cup Race
File sizes: 125 MB (HD)

Movie and Blu-ray Disc Trailers

Hancock Trailer
File size: 124 MB (HD), 156 MB (1080)

This Christmas Trailer (Blu-ray)
File size: 120 MB (HD), 156 MB (1080)

Tenacious D - The Complete Masterworks Trailer
File size: 30 MB (SD), 112 MB (1080)

Sara Bareilles - Between The Lines Trailer
File size: 50 MB (SD), 261 MB (1080)

Incbus “Look Alive” Trailer
File size: 48 MB (SD), 229 MB (1080)

PS3 Themes

NBA 2K9 Theme (free)
File size: 1.99 MB

Hancock Theme (free)
File sizes: 2.40 MB

Timea Mojorova Theme ($1.99)
File sizes: 5.41 MB

University of California Theme ($1.99)
File sizes: 5.17 MB

Shadowy Graves Theme ($1.49)
File sizes: 5.09 MB

Darklight Fractais Theme ($1.49)
File sizes: 6.14 MB

Mrs. Claus Theme ($1.49)
File sizes: 6.86 MB

GunGirls Theme ($0.99)

whoop whoop i have downloaded Home v1.0 via someone sharing it hehe. im surprised you lot have not catched up on it yet especially you rad ;)

i have not tried it yet as i downloaded it late last night so will give it a whirl this evening ;)

basicly whoever gets a beta key to it, what they do is to create a new psn account. log into that new account and download the Home v1.0 from that using the key.

After that, as long as Home is installed on your ps3, u can access it using your main account ;) You can therefore share the newly created account to up to 50 people who can simply log into your new psn account and download Home ;)

their are loads of people doing so over the net. All it takes is just one of us to have the beta key and just share away :) i cant share because i got it from someone who gave me his psn details but if I actually received my own BETA code i would definitely share with some of u guys especialy u rad who definitely wants to try Home.

Last edited:
whoop whoop i have downloaded Home v1.0 via someone sharing it hehe. im surprised you lot have not catched up on it yet especially you rad ;)

i have not tried it yet as i downloaded it late last night so will give it a whirl this evening ;)

basicly whoever gets a beta key to it, what they do is to create a new psn account. log into that new account and download the Home v1.0 from that using the key.

After that, as long as Home is installed on your ps3, u can access it using your main account ;) You can therefore share the newly created account to up to 50 people who can simply log into your new psn account and download Home ;)

their are loads of people doing so over the net. All it takes is just one of us to have the beta key and just share away :) i cant share because i got it from someone who gave me his psn details but if I actually received my own BETA code i would definitely share with some of u guys especialy u rad who definitely wants to try Home.

I've got a beta too. My son was over the moon but so far, it's nothing special. I had a few laughs mind when one "girl" asked to kiss me I was like "what the fuck?!". Bowling and Pool ain't bad but there is a lot of stuff you can't do yet. My boy wanted to add things to his apartment like TVs and photo frames but we couldn't do it. Queueing up to get on games is a little annoying aswell.

I'd be interested to see how the game launching works though especially with the BAP team I'm in. I guess that will have to wait until full launch though.

Overall, it's a bit meh. Maybe it will be a grower.

I've got a beta too. My son was over the moon but so far, it's nothing special. I had a few laughs mind when one "girl" asked to kiss me I was like "what the fuck?!". Bowling and Pool ain't bad but there is a lot of stuff you can't do yet. My boy wanted to add things to his apartment like TVs and photo frames but we couldn't do it. Queueing up to get on games is a little annoying aswell.

I'd be interested to see how the game launching works though especially with the BAP team I'm in. I guess that will have to wait until full launch though.

Overall, it's a bit meh. Maybe it will be a grower.
cheating on your wife/gf already?;) anyways here is my idea on how Home should work for fifa09. its not even a difficult task to do as well:

here is my idea for Home. why not make a actual dressing room in Home for fifa 09 Club matches? instead of messing about in the fifa chat room aka dressing room, why cant we launch home and go to your clubs actual locker room where you can walk around and chat etc? also have some sort of white board for the captain/manager to draw out tactics etc? that would most definetly be awsome.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...oft-xbox-360/364268-fifa09-ps3-home-idea.html

Warhawk has a blueprint thing where you can plan your battles before you jump into a game so the white board idea is certainly doable.

Warhawk has a blueprint thing where you can plan your battles before you jump into a game so the white board idea is certainly doable.
yea and the thing is that most if not all of the above suggestions i said is completely doable in fifa09 with little effort.

they just need to take a look at the Home API(their code in other words) and link it to the ps3's club dressing room and bam sorted. this sort of feature with maybe 10+ people working on it is doable in just 1 month which would include designing, implementing and testing.

one thing great about Home is that the possibilities are endless. Xbox's Live could really be in trouble this time next year i imagine when Home will have more features in it

yea and the thing is that most if not all of the above suggestions i said is completely doable in fifa09 with little effort.

they just need to take a look at the Home API(their code in other words) and link it to the ps3's club dressing room and bam sorted. this sort of feature with maybe 10+ people working on it is doable in just 1 month which would include designing, implementing and testing.

one thing great about Home is that the possibilities are endless. Xbox's Live could really be in trouble this time next year i imagine when Home will have more features in it

Yea, they've probably got nothing else to do, so stick a team of 10 developers on it for a month!!!! :LOL: You are funny Mendoza... do you know how much that would cost in man hours? Just to get FIFA integrated.

Not saying they wont (or will never) do it, but I very much doubt its as easy as you (hope) think it will be.

God forbid if you ever ran a company!

Yea, they've probably got nothing else to do, so stick a team of 10 developers on it for a month!!!! :LOL: You are funny Mendoza... do you know how much that would cost in man hours? Just to get FIFA integrated.

Not saying they wont (or will never) do it, but I very much doubt its as easy as you (hope) think it will be.

God forbid if you ever ran a company!
hey im just suggesting the idea. no need to shoot the messanger! :( . integrating it to Home surely wouldn't take a year to do :LOL:

i never said it wont cost anything to do it. all i said was it could be easy to do considering that EA dont have to create and code the dressing room fully. Home is their to make life easier for devs to create online 3d lobbies. i have not looked at Home's API but surely its easier to work with Home's API rather then EA make it from scratch right?

Sony quiet on leaked info rumours News

Sony Europe has declined to comment on the supposedly leaked contents of its staff annual briefing, dismissing the D+Pad report as "rumour and speculation".

The information, provided by an attending "source", included plans to be "more competitive" with PS3 pricing from March 2009.

Sony Europe boss David Reeves also said there will be technical innovations to come for both PS3 and PSP, although no details were given.

The source claims to have seen footage of Uncharted 2 and God of War 3, the latter of which apparently looked so pretty the mole couldn't tell if what he was seeing was CGI or not.

The trailer, we're told, showed Kratos destroying waves of skeletons and Cyclops with his trusty chain-swords, before hopping on the back of an eagle, killing it, and then staring into an immense cavern thought to be Mount Olympus.

Uncharted 2, on the other hand, was said to look much the same as Uncharted 1, which looked rather good anyway.

The source went on to say that Sony showed footage of LittleBigPlanet PSP, which Media Molecule has apparently been hard at work on for four months. Target footage of MotorStorm PSP was shown, too.

Apparently Sony Europe is also the pride of Sony Computer Entertainment, for the region has a higher PS3 installed base than Xbox 360.

D-Pad Report - http://www.dpadmagazine.com/2008/11/22/huge-sony-info-blowout/

U.S. PlayStation®Store Update for November 25th
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/11/25/playstation-store-update-62/

Price Promotion

The Last Guy, PixelJunk Eden, echochrome (PS3), Novastrike, and Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 are temporarily priced at $4.99. Promotion ends 12/4/08.

Downloadable Games

Brain Challenge ($9.99)
ESRB Rated E
File size 220 MB

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix ($14.99)
ESRB Rated T
File size 303 MB

Add-on Game Content

LittleBigPlanet Turkey Head Costume (free)

LittleBigPlanet Chimera SackBoy Costume ($1.99)

Guitar Hero World Tour
* “Human” by The Killers ($1.99)
* “Losing Touch” by The Killers ($1.99)
* “Mr. Brightside” by The Killers ($1.99)
* The Killers Track Pack ($5.49) - Downloadable Track Pack for Guitar Hero World Tour featuring “Human”, “Losing Touch”, and “Mr. Brightside” by The Killers.
File sizes: 29 MB - 43 MB (singles), 121 MB (track pack)

Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2
* Unfaithful ($1.49)
* Are You Happy Now? ($1.49)
* Heartbreaker ($1.49)
* All My Life ($1.49)
File sizes: 15 MB - 59 MB

Rock Band
* “Mr. Brightside” - The Killers ($1.99)
* “Smile Like You Mean It” - The Killers ($1.99)
* “Spaceman” - The Killers ($1.99)
* The Killers Pack 01 ($5.49) - this track pack includes all of the above The Killers singles.
* “Caprici Di Diablo” - Yngwie Malmsteen ($1.99)
* “Damnation Game” - Yngwie Malmsteen ($1.99)
* “Red Devil” - Yngwie Malmsteen ($1.99)
* Yngwie Malmsteen Pack 01 ($5.49) - this track pack includes all of the above Yngwie Malmsteen singles.
* “Pretty Noose” - Soundgarden ($1.99)
* “Jesus Christ Pose” - Soundgarden ($1.99)
* “Laid to Rest” - Lamb of God ($1.99)
File sizes: 22 MB - 45 MB (singles), 103 MB - 121 MB (track packs)

Game Demos (free)

Dead Space Dismemberment Demo
File size: 506 MB

Game Videos (free)

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Fighting Mechanics Trailer
File size: 190 MB (HD)

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Story Mode Preview Trailer
File size: 102 MB (HD)

NBA 2K9 Iguodala Trailer
File size: 25 MB (HD)

NBA 2K9 J In Your Face Trailer
File size: 25 MB (HD)

Prince of Persia - Art Video
File size: 69 MB (HD)

Prince of Persia - Dev Diary 1
File size: 119 MB (HD)

Dew Tour: Orlando - Orlando BMX Highlights
File sizes: 95 MB (HD)

Dew Tour: Orlando - Orlando Skate Thrills
File sizes: 94 MB (HD)

Dew Tour: Orlando - Orlando FMX Recap
File sizes: 91 MB (HD)

Movie and Blu-ray Disc Trailers (free)

Punisher: War Zone
File size: 69 MB (HD)

Lost: The Complete Fourth Season
File size: 105 MB (1080)

PS3 Wallpaper (free)

Prince of Persia Wallpaper (x3)
File sizes: 303 KB - 1.75 MB

Super Street Fighter II HD Turbo Remix Wallpaper
File sizes: 275 KB - 1.25 MB
Game Music (free)

Super Street Fighter II HD Turbo Remix tracks (x5)
File sizes: 3.85 MB - 6.80 MB

Back
Top Bottom