Sony PlayStation 3

Aaaargh! My PS3's cd drive is starting to play up. It's making a funny noise and it won't always suck in the disks when I insert them. Think it's going to have to go off for repair while it's still under warranty.
It's my sons birthday next week and I'm getting him 2 games so I might wait a bit and see how it goes. He can then at least have some playtime before it goes off.
Anybody else had this problem?

My original PS3 stopped reading discs whilst I was watching Deja Vu on BD.

You'd be better off phoning Sony ASAP that's what I did and I got a door replacement 4 days later.

I'd better backup my HD first. Don't know how to do it yet but will find out.
I've got extended warranty when I bought it from Argos. Should I go through Argos or Sony? I've had it repaired via Argos before when my son stuck something inside it but then I was without the PS3 for about 3 weeks.
Not happy with that though.

If I can do through Sony and get a door replacement, I will. I'm not sure where my manual is. Anybody got the direct number to use? I can look it up but if anybody knows the best number to use that would be great.

fuck me i didn't know it was like this

YouTube - Official Sony PS3 Home Video Trailer

I thought it was a Wii style thing but its seem more like the Sims

Im doing a big u-turn and saying that it looks very very good haha, maybe i should check things before i say something about them :LOL:
what do u expect? fanboys do get blinded sometimes :APPLAUD:

glad you see the light and have a open mind now. You see, if you had listened to me and rad you would of got a ps3 agggeees ago :):COOL:

Ah jesus every time i post something you say i told you so

and as i keep saying i aint got this because of anything you or anyone else has said i got it because it was cheap and i said home was shit because i thought it was something it aint and that's my fault for not looking into it first

nothing more nothing less, the more you post the more i realise you are the biggest PS3 fanboy going with comments like "glad you have seen the light" :LOL:

No chance of a door to door replacement from Sony.
I just phoned them and they said it's over a year old so I have to go with Argos who I have the extended warranty with. Bollocks as it will take about a month for it to come back (like last time). They are a fucking joke.

Problem is only intermittent so I will carry on with it for a bit before I get it fixed. Hopefully my boy can play his new games for a bit first.

Cheers ill look into it

i think ill buy a new HDD first though, what the max you can put in the PS3?

Thanks for all your help everyone btw :))

Cheers ill look into it

i think ill buy a new HDD first though, what the max you can put in the PS3?

Thanks for all your help everyone btw :))

I'd better backup my HD first. Don't know how to do it yet but will find out.
I've got extended warranty when I bought it from Argos. Should I go through Argos or Sony? I've had it repaired via Argos before when my son stuck something inside it but then I was without the PS3 for about 3 weeks.
Not happy with that though.

If I can do through Sony and get a door replacement, I will. I'm not sure where my manual is. Anybody got the direct number to use? I can look it up but if anybody knows the best number to use that would be great.

I use an external Western Digital HDD to back up my game saves, music, pics, videos etc. I also use it for my PC.

I just bought High Stakes bowling with my debit card with no trouble at all

and does anyone know the answer to my question above and the cheapest place for HDDs?

Ebay i got a 250GB for £60 in an enclosure and swapped them around so i have a 250GB PS3 and a 60GB USB enclosure

I use an external Western Digital HDD to back up my game saves, music, pics, videos etc. I also use it for my PC.
be wherethat you can only format an ext hdd as a fat32, not a ntfs. this means that you cannot store files larger then 2gb i think it is. any HD movies you may have, will have to be split to reduce the filesize of each part

Ebay i got a 250GB for £60 in an enclosure and swapped them around so i have a 250GB PS3 and a 60GB USB enclosure

What... WHAT. That is amazing. I am now jealous of you. If I knew how to do that and it wasn't too risky I'd do it. Also theoldcomputer.com is brilliant, all the emulators from there work a treat and theres hundreds of games.

be wherethat you can only format an ext hdd as a fat32, not a ntfs. this means that you cannot store files larger then 2gb i think it is. any HD movies you may have, will have to be split to reduce the filesize of each part

I don't know about any of that, I copy files to the HDD in seconds, its plug and play. The only videos I have our those that I've downloaded from the stores/browser and those that I've copied from my PC via Tversity. 1UP Show, Crash TV etc

What... WHAT. That is amazing. I am now jealous of you. If I knew how to do that and it wasn't too risky I'd do it. Also theoldcomputer.com is brilliant, all the emulators from there work a treat and theres hundreds of games.

The manual explains it well enough, loads of internet guides as well. No risk really, just get a USB stick or external HDD to backup your saves and stuff, REALLY straightforward to do and well worth it!

I asked the person before i bought it because he was selling 250GB WD*** for £60 pounds and a 250GB laptop HDD in an enclosure for 60GB. So i asked is the one with the enclosure just a WD*** in an enclosure, he said yes, so i undid the 4 screws and switched them round.

Back
Top Bottom