Sony PlayStation 3

Tomorrows PSN update

Thursday, October 16th, 2008

Age Of Booty

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/914/914316p1.html

Soldner X (Rumor)

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/09/08/side-scrolling-shooter-soldner-x-headed-to-psn-this-october/

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...he-motorstorm-festival-demo-coming-this-week/

Rock Band

DLC Week of 10/16 Dr. Feelgood by Mötley Crüe

1. "T.N.T. (Terror 'N Tinseltown)"
2. "Dr. Feelgood"
3. "Slice of Your Pie"
4. "Rattlesnake Shake"
5. "Kickstart My Heart"
6. "Without You"
7. "Same Ol' Situation (S.O.S.)"
8. "Sticky Sweet"
9. "She Goes Down"
10. "Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)"
11. "Time for Change"

All tracks are masters.

Mötley Crüe's Dr. Feelgood album is available for $15.99 for the whole album or $1.99 per track.

Eye of Judgment Set 3 expansion pack

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/03/the-eye-of-judgment-ret

urns-an-insider%E2%80%99s-look-at-set-3/

Also a Major Update to High Velocity Bowling

A lot of you have been asking about HVB, and we are here to deliver great news. We are pleased to announce that we putting the finishing touches on a new update for HVB, which will hit the PlayStation Network TOMORROW! Excited? Well, the best part of this is that the new update – all new features included – is FREE! For our brothers and sisters in the north, that means FREE for you, too.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/15/major-update-to-high-velocity-bowling/

---

Oh and don't forget the Resistance 2 beta starts tomorrow - at least thats what rumours and speculation point towards with PLAY.com sending out beta instructions tomorrow.

Last edited:
Coool! Bowling gets a superb update. I think that's an excellent game - but it was a bit too limited before.

Now with online play, leaderboards, trophies and more - gonna mean I'm defo going back to it!!

Anyone else got it? Its well worth a fiver - bit more cartoony, but if you can overlook that, then it plays as well as Wii Sports Bowling (with the same controls using the Sixaxis/DS3).

Be great to have an Evo-Web bowling night!

Yeah I've got that game - I think for the price as well it's better than Wii Sports Bowling.

I don't think there are any games you can get for free. There are demos of most games but the PSN games like the bowling and wipeout hardly ever have demos for them. Some do but most don't.

you can download a game from a friends account on your system for free but he can only share it across 5 consoles - once he's done that he would have to re buy it if he needed to install it on another console. Some games cannot be shared though like Warhawk which will lock both of you from playing it if its shared. I'm not sure if any other games do that - i know the LBP beta did and it also locked me from playing ANY of my downloaded games until it re registered itself on my system.

I think most of the "small" PSN games are fine. My brother has all of my PSN titles except Warhawk on his machine too and they play fine, including Wipeout HD :DD

Did anyone get their Resistance 2 beta codes today? I've seen photos of people downloading it now so everyone should have got their emails by now.

I've got nothing and i didnt pre order with play, but i did sign up on the resistance site a few times.

-

From a friend who has been in on the Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 betas this isn't as amazing as he hoped and Killzone 2 is better in every aspect.

Last edited:
Coool! Bowling gets a superb update. I think that's an excellent game - but it was a bit too limited before.

Now with online play, leaderboards, trophies and more - gonna mean I'm defo going back to it!!

Anyone else got it? Its well worth a fiver - bit more cartoony, but if you can overlook that, then it plays as well as Wii Sports Bowling (with the same controls using the Sixaxis/DS3).

Be great to have an Evo-Web bowling night!

I have it and an evo-web bowling night sounds like a laugh!!

EU Store Updated

motorstorm pacific rift demo

Brothers in arms demo

eye of judgement expansion pack: biolith rebellion set 3

eye of judgement expansion pack: biolith set 2 and 3

tiger woods pga tour 09 firestone country club game pack

rock band update - motely crue album

far cry 2 - bara trailer

endwar annoucement trailer

pain amusment park trailer

killzone 2 multiplayer theme

Killzone 2 - Beta Trial Information

Are you a die-hard Killzone fanatic? Have you ever destroyed a squad of Helghast with a single M194 percussion grenade? Can you take out an ISA platoon armed with nothing but an StA-52 assault rifle? Prove it! Download the new Killzone 2 Multiplayer theme and you may be selected for the next phase of the beta trial.

Its true folks, by downloading the Killzone 2 Multiplayer Theme from the PlayStation Store between 16th October and 23rd October - you will be in with a chance of joining Phase 3 of the Killzone 2 Multiplayer Beta Trial.

Remember though kiddies - Beta Trialists must be over 18, and this trial is not available to US, German or Luxemburg account holders.

For more information - visit the Killzone.com website here.

http://www.killzone.com/kz/news.psml?kz_news_article=We+Want+YOU!&kz_news_page=0

Ta, no need to waste bandwidth and time to DL it, a very large amount of 'Meh' accompanied my playing of that.

Go into the store - press X on the item - then it should say 'download' and if its something to buy it then asks for your card details.

At least it did before the system update - unless something has changed

Oh ok thanks

i though you had to buy a card of some sort

So im ok buying with my card even though i have a US account?

oh no - if you want to buy from a US store you have to use something like Entropay.

It's a virtual credit card of sorts where you pay to add credit to it and then you can use it online like any other credit card. You registered with your real address and then you gave PSN your fake US address for billing, entropay do not give you one (though they give you all the other card details you might need). Unfortunately, PSN is no longer allowing new entropay cards onto the system. If you have one that's already registered with them, it should still work fine.
Supposedly the reason entropay cards do not work i because PSN is clamping down on prepaid cards, which may mean that physical prepaid cards will not work. We are unsure of this, if you want to try it, feel free and let us know if it works, the address registration and the such should work in much the same way as it did for entropay.
There's been some success by people using a standard credit card from their home nation, if this works for you then huzzah!
PSN are starting to produce points cards in the US. These can be obtained on Ebay and should be easily redeemed, however they are currently extortionately expensive via ebay, so you'd be better off finding a friend with a store locally that sells them.

Well would you look at that! The Far Cry 2 space is going live in PlayStation Home, allowing players to explore the African landscape of the game, including a burned-out bus station and the offices of one Reuben Oluwagembi, a journalist whose files are chock full of information on the warring factions from the game. There's even a playable version of the game Mancala that uses bullet casings as playing pieces. Amazing!

You know what would be even more amazing? If we were actually able to get into PlayStation Home and see it! It's great to see developers are already supporting the feature and all, so once it does go live it won't be like waiting for trophy support to kick in, but come on already! Bah. Hit the jump for a couple more screens of things only people in the closed beta will be seeing anytime soon.

http://kotaku.com/5064660/far-cry-2-moves-into-playstation-home

Back
Top Bottom