Sony PlayStation 3

Unlucky :((

Update went through great for me. Not sure what the updating database bit was though.

I'm gonna go through my friend list tonight and clean it up, delete people who haven't signed on in a while.

Unlucky :((

Update went through great for me. Not sure what the updating database bit was though.

I'm gonna go through my friend list tonight and clean it up, delete people who haven't signed on in a while.

The only friend I have that hasn't logged on for more than 60 days is CW - 326 days!! :CW:

Last edited:
Yup :))

You need the smaller form factor drive (2.5mm?) - its basically a laptop HDD. Its dead easy to do - the instructions are even in the manual and the PS3 is designed to let you remove the drive. Basically a small screw and the caddy for the HDD slides out, put the new one in the caddy and BOOM away you go. Careful with the screws though as they are really small and can break quite easily.

I've got a 320gb which at the time was about £90 from Ebuyer. Well worth doing though - especially with all the DLC plus the fact lots of PS3 games need installs of up to 4gb each (not all, some).

If you're gonna put the PS3 (welcome aboard BTW, knew you'd see sense) anywhere where you dont have Sky, then PlayTV is very good. Freeview recorder for the PS3 and I think its a top bit of kit. You can export the videos you've recorded to PC/PSP as well from within the PS3.

Thanks ill look into doin it

oh and its nothing to do with seeing sense because im not using this for games at all, this is gonna be my HD player and thats about it (just sold a bluray player for £140 and got a PS3 for £150 ;))), unless the games that come out are better than on the 360 i see no reason to buy them

Welcome Coopz, The rumour is that Coopz is leaving CW's BAP team for Evo Web Revolution!, Apparantly its his dream to were the Athletico colours! :DD

If i didn't have a 360 i would but like i said above they both do they same thing gaming wise so im sticking to the 360 for gaming :))

Thanks ill look into doin it

oh and its nothing to do with seeing sense because im not using this for games at all, this is gonna be my HD player and thats about it (just sold a bluray player for £140 and got a PS3 for £150 ;))), unless the games that come out are better than on the 360 i see no reason to buy them

If i didn't have a 360 i would but like i said above they both do they same thing gaming wise so im sticking to the 360 for gaming :))

so your not getting LBP and MGS4?:BLINK:

Sony Teams Up with YouTube

Well it looks like Sony has teamed up with YouTube to bring gamers a PlayStation branded channel. The new channel will provide exclusive video content that can be found at www.youtube.com/playstation. The new channels is meant to give gamers a place to check out new trailers, gameplay videos, developer interviews and participate in various contests.

The PlayStation channel on YouTube will initially consist of a primary PlayStation channel with a regularly updated "Featured Video" and an embedded menu bar for specific games that takes users to a playlist page for additional video content. Fans will be able to customize their own playlists while the channel currently includes features for SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation, MotorStorm: Pacific Rift, NBA '09: The Inside.

Later down the line, the PlayStation's YouTube channel will feature a user-generated content section within the channel.. SCEA will also launch game-specific enhanced YouTube channels, starting off LittleBigPlanet.

Well i am very impressed with the stuff the PS3 can do

Setup TVersity and even WMC with no problems at all and its playing everything with no trouble.

There are loads of settings and it seems you can do alot with it including add printers and new OS's!!!

All i have setup atm is the audio and its playing my Xvids with AC3/DD with no trouble at all and its sounds great as do MP3's. Im just downloading the update now and then i will make a US account

So far i am impressed and i aint done anything really, im gonna have to look for a guide to see what this can really do

You still haven't tried its best feature!

It cooks a mean hamburger! ;))

Don't forget you don't have to pay for themes either, the US store has a lot more themes than the Euro store. The US store also had demos for PSN games whereas the Euro store doesn't.

Another tip

Share your bought downloads

You can download anything you've bought from the store to five PlayStation 3s. This is useful if you've got more than one PS3 (of course) and also if you've wiped your hard-drive and don't fancy paying for the same download twice...

However, you can also choose to share your download with your mates. The PlayStation Store logs how many times each download has been downloaded by each user. On your mate's PS3 Create New User and log onto the store with your ID. You'll now be able to go to your download and see that you've already downloaded whatever it was that you paid for. You can now download it again, using another of your downloads and giving it to your mate for free. Or a small optional charge...

So if you have a mate who's bought PSN games, get them to login on your PS3 and they can download the games onto your machine. As long as they leave their account on your PS3, you can play their downloaded games. The usual amount is a game can be downloaded five times.

Ill try the grill later :))

I will use this to play all my media files and stuff now and just use the 360 for games

Now i have to find the best way to play 1080p MKVs, i think converting is the best option

'Secret' Enhancements in 2.50

• In the 'Players Met' list, peoples 'real' avatars are shown instead of the default one.
• You can now zoom in on the news in Life with PlayStation.
• The name 'PLAYSTATION' has changed to 'PlayStation' on the XMB.
• The PSN logo has been removed from the PlayStation Store.
• DivX VOD Registration Code in System Settings.
• There is now a Pause button on the Music Player.
• Now the volym goes from -4 to +4 (Before it was -2 and +2).
• HP and 'Other (Network Standard)' have been added to the Printer Settings.
• 'BD/DVD Settings' has been renamed to 'Video Settings' and the icon has also changed.
• The Trophy progress bar has changed color to Blue and the Level progress bar on the 'Profile' card has changed color to Orange/Gold.
• When you compare trophies with someone, the current level and progression to the next level is shown.
• There is a Trophy icon now next to your level on your 'Profile' Card.
• Finnish, Swedish, Danish and Norwegian have been added under 'My Languages'.
• You can now press triangle on your 'Trophy Collection' under the Game category and 'Sync with Server'.

I want .mov files to be able to play. I'm not messing about converting stuff so I suppose I still have to wait until/if they add it.

Well i am very impressed with the stuff the PS3 can do

Setup TVersity and even WMC with no problems at all and its playing everything with no trouble.

There are loads of settings and it seems you can do alot with it including add printers and new OS's!!!

All i have setup atm is the audio and its playing my Xvids with AC3/DD with no trouble at all and its sounds great as do MP3's. Im just downloading the update now and then i will make a US account

So far i am impressed and i aint done anything really, im gonna have to look for a guide to see what this can really do
I told your coopz. back in that ps3 vs 360 thread me and rad keep telling you how awsome a ps3 really is and now its evident that your enjoying using it so far and you have not even played one of the few exclusive games on it yet;)

You must be delighted at spending £150 on it

I told your coopz. back in that ps3 vs 360 thread me and rad keep telling you how awsome a ps3 really is and now its evident that your enjoying using it so far and you have not even played one of the few exclusive games on it yet;)

You must be delighted at spending £150 on it

And all i was saying was how i didn't need one

which i dont really, but at £150 you cant so no :))

Can you add a custom Avatar? I need to know how to change my current one as well

ta

Can you add a custom Avatar? I need to know how to change my current one as well

No custom ones ... they keep saying it will come but i think the second coming of jesus is scheduled before it.

To change the one you have now - go to your account management then i think profile options? and it has an option in there

I had that message the other week. It repaired and only took 2 mins.

Seriously? The massage is appearing constantly... There is nothing I can do. Tomorrow I will buy my second HDD for the PS3 :Y1

Edit: THANK GOD my PS3 is back in business!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom