Sony PlayStation 3

I've been checking the DLC out on youtube before buying - give s agood idea of how fun it might be

Yea, just been doing that very same thing (then got mesmorised with some hot chick playing Under The Bridge on an acoustic!).

Dunno, hard to tell as I dont think I'm 'in' to RB at the moment :(

Store updated

PES 2009 demo

Bioshock demo

Fifa 09 live seasons

rockband various games packs

Pixeljunk eden soundtrack * 2 at 1.49

Geon full game 4.99

Fallout 3 theme

Prince of Persa theme

Facebreaker trailer * 3

tombraider trailer

GT Academy -The finalists

U.S. PLAYSTATION®Store Update for October 2nd
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/02/playstation-store-update-54/

Note: Qore Episode 05 debuts next week on Thursday, 10/9 celebrating Halloween with a scary game roundup featuring Fallout 3, Resident Evil 5, and Dead Space. Plus monster snowboard and skate master, Shaun White takes us on a tour of his new game. Episode 05 also features exclusive access to SEGA’s Valkyria Chronicles demo and some other creepy surprises.

Add-on Game Content

NBA Live 09 Oklahoma City Pack (free)
File size: 42 MB

NBA Live 365 ($19.99)
File size: 778 MB

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 09 Firestone Country Club ($7.49)
File size: 187 MB

Soulcalibur IV Weapon Set (Bonus Weapons) ($3.99)
File size: 3.09 MB

Soulcalibur IV Weapon Set (Main Weapons) ($3.99)
File size: 3.09 MB

Rock Band
* “Mellowship Slinky in B Major” - Red Hot Chili Peppers ($1.99)
* “My Lovely Song”- Red Hot Chili Peppers ($1.99)
* “Naked in the Rain” - Red Hot Chili Peppers ($1.99)
* “The Power of Equality” - Red Hot Chili Peppers ($1.99)
* “Sir Psycho Sexy” - Red Hot Chili Peppers ($1.99)
* “Suck My Kiss” - Red Hot Chili Peppers ($1.99)
* “The Greeting Song” - Red Hot Chili Peppers ($1.99)
* “The Righteous & The Wicked” - Red Hot Chili Peppers ($1.99)
* “They’re Red Hot” - Red Hot Chili Peppers ($1.99)
* “Under the Bridge” - Red Hot Chili Peppers ($1.99)
* “Apache Rose Peacock” - Red Hot Chili Peppers ($1.99)
* “Blood Sugar Sex Magik” - Red Hot Chili Peppers ($1.99)
* “Breaking the Girl” - Red Hot Chili Peppers ($1.99)
* “Funky Monks” - Red Hot Chili Peppers ($1.99)
* “I Could Have Lied” - Red Hot Chili Peppers ($1.99)
* “If You Have to Ask” - Red Hot Chili Peppers ($1.99)
* “Blood Sugar Sex Magik” Album ($19.99) - this album includes “Blood Sugar Sex Magik” Album. This album includes “The Power of Equality,” “If You Have to Ask,” “Breaking the Girl,” “Funky Monks,” “Suck My Kiss,” “I Could Have Lied,” “Mellowship Slinky in B Major,” “The Righteous & The Wicked,” “Blood Sugar Sex Magik,” “Under the Bridge,” “Naked in the Rain,” “Apache Rose Peacock,” “The Greeting Song,” “My Lovely Man” and “Sir Psycho Sexy” by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
File sizes: 8.33 MB - 65.7 MB (singles), 545 MB (track pack)

Game Demos (free)

Brothers In Arms Hell’s Highway Demo
ESRB Rated M
File size: 1.21 GB

Beijing 2008 Demo
ESRB Rated E
File size: 907 MB

BioShock Demo
ESRB Rated M
File size: 1.39 GB

Eternal Sonata Demo
ESRB Rated T
File size: 622 MB

NBA 2K9 Demo
ESRB Rated E
File size: 495 MB

Game Music

PixelJunk Eden Soundtrack ($2.99)
File size: 189 MB

Game Videos (free)

Bluetooth Headset Video
File size: 46 MB (HD)

SOCOM Frostfire Fly-through
File size: 68 MB (HD)

SOCOM Fallen Fly-through
File size: 69 MB (HD)

SOCOM Control Trailer
File size: 73 MB (HD)

LittleBigPlanet Life in LittleBigPlanet- Ep 1
File size: 135 MB (HD), 223 (1080)

LittleBigPlanet Adventures of SackBoy
File size: 59 MB (HD), 96 (1080)

MotorStorm Pacific Rift Trailer
File size: 163 MB (HD)

Tom Clancy’s End War: Command Points Video Briefing
File size: 61 MB (HD)

Tom Clancy’s End War: Combat Chain Video Briefing
File size: 113 MB (HD)

Tomb Raider: Underworld - Beneath the Surface: The Story
File size: 97 MB (HD), 127 MB (1080)

Tomb Raider: Underworld - Beneath the Surface: The Vision
File size: 115 MB (HD), 190 MB (1080)

Facebreaker Audition Video #4
File size: 90 MB (HD)

AST Dew Tour videos (x8)
File sizes: 53 MB - 129 MB (HD), 88 MB - 235 MB (1080)

Movie and Blu-ray Trailers (free)

Jerry Maguire Blu-ray trailer
File size: 112 MB (HD), 148 MB (1080)

PS3 Themes (free)

Iron Man Movie Theme
File size: 3.03 MB
---

I need some advice.

My brother has his login ID Jason but I used my PSN account details for him to sign in online (so that he could get a copy of the games I've downloaded).

This sometimes results in a problem whereby when he signs in, it signs me out on my PS3 because he's taken over. I've changed my password so that he cant sign in either way but then we come to FIFA.

I need to create a new PSN account for him so that he can use his free Live Seasons league but I can't find a way to delete my PSN account details from his profile. Any help?

I have a problem my ps3 broke so there is no more mdotk, but thats not the problem I have a new ps3 and my connection 100% but when i do connection test the ip address times out can someone help me?

Is PixelJunk Racers worth £5? I played the demo last night and it seemed pretty good but I'm not sure if it's got any lasting appeal after a week or so?

Rumored PLAYSTATION® Store Content for 9th October

* Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars

This week the PlayStation Nation crew interviewed Psyonix Studios' Dave Hagewood. He's the Director of Development for the superbly named Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars. Torgo and Mark managed to squeeze some more tasty details out of Hagewood regarding when we'll be able to get our hands on the title and at what price. Battle Cars will be available for Americans next week, October 9th, for $14.99. Europeans can expect to play it at a later date, though nothing more specific than that was said.

Battle Cars will feature trophy support, YouTube uploading, custom soundtracks, online leaderboards and online voice chat. There will also be a video editor within the game, giving you lots of advanced options to edit the footage in-game, including adding slow motion to replays. Offline, the game will support 4 players, while online will support 8. Multiple players on a single PS3 can play together in online matches, so two PS3s with 4 players on each is entirely possible.

The game will launch with three maps, though more will follow. There's also the possibility that some DLC may be free, though that's unconfirmed as of yet (confirmed!). That's a lot of content for downloadable title, but with WipEout HD we've come to expect such things. Check out the gallery below for more Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars screenshots and make sure you check out the next PlayStation Nation podcast on PS3 Fanboy later today for the full interview.

Trailer
YouTube - Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars Trailer #3

Mega Man 9 DLC

The Endless Attack download provides a stage that doesn't end. Your goal is to see how far you can make it with scores publishing to a rankings leaderboard. This mode is not compatible with other challenges. Also releasing is Proto Man Mode which gives players the opportunity to play as the character the pack is named after. Proto Man has unique moves, including a charge shot, power slide and a shield, but he takes double damage. This character does not have his own story and is not compatible with rankings or other challenges.

The WiiWare packs will be up today, October 6 with the Xbox Live Arcade version following on October 7 and PlayStation Network bringing up the rear on October 9

* Rock Band DLC brings on The Offspring, and more

This week's Rock Band DLC consists of three tracks from The Offspring, including the hilarious 90s hit, Pretty Fly (For a White Guy). They can also be purchased together in the Offspring Track Pack for $5.49:

* "Gone Away"
* "Pretty Fly"
* "Self Esteem"

We are also getting six different tracks from six different artists, and they are as follows:

* "Stop!" -- Against Me!
* "All Right Now" -- Free
* "Bad to the Bone" -- George Thorogood
* "Cream & Bastards Rise" -- Harvey Danger
* "Nearly Lost You" -- Screaming Trees
* "Push It" -- Static-X

Linger in Shadows

Linger in Shadows is NOT a game. It was never meant to be a game and it will never be a game. Yes it has trophies, but it still isn’t a game and I’ll explain why a little later on.

Confused? Hit the link.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...e-shadows-rusty-buchert-talks-latest-project/

Video here
http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Games/linger_in_shadows

does any one have a problem with the ps3 version of fifa 09 freezing when you play two player in exhibition, one player works fine and online but when i play two player just after the kck of it freezes. does any one know where i can get help from.

Stores updated

linger in the shadows £1.99

Valkyria Chronicals Demo

Hail to the Chimp Demo

Buzz Comedy Movies Quiz pack

NBA Live 09 Gamepacks

Rocketmen DLC

Superstardust HD DLC

RockBand DLC

Everybodys Golf DLC

Mega Man 9 DLC

PSN Trailer

Wipeout HD Making Of Video

Midnight club LA Trailer

Mirrors Edge Trailer

NFS:Undercover Trailer

MGS4 Trailer

Wipeout HD Theme

Do you think those free themes for your PS3 are lacking a little spiffiness? Not to worry, Sony's got your back in the form of premium themes for your PS3's XMB. Beginning tomorrow, you will able to purchase premium themes from the PS Store for $0.99 - $1.99. Theme types range from NCAA College teams (such as the University of North Carolina Tar Heels one above) to "beauties on the beach." Of course, these themes will offer "special backgrounds, XMB icons" and for selected themes, even ... sounds! Sony plans to offer 6-10 premium themes each month -- you can view samples of the themes below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblog/sets/72157607860451301/

New WipEout HD Drinking Game!!!

Ok go onto the store and download the WipEout HD behind the scenes vid, grab a few mates and a few drinks and take a shot everytime they say 1080P - You'll be happily wasted by the end of the video. or for those with no livers left and want something more extreme down a shot at PSN Exclusive announcements too

Last edited:
U.S. PLAYSTATION®Store Update for October 9th
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/09/playstation-store-update-55/

It's a big one so I've spoiler boxed it.

Qore

Qore Episode 5 ($2.99 for episode / $24.99 for Annual Subscription)
File Size: 1.68 GB

Games

Linger in Shadows ($2.99)
File Size: 100 MB

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords ($14.99)
File Size: 242 MB

Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars ($14.99)
File Size: 177 MB

Add-on Game Content

Hot Shots Golf Fall Fashion Line ($2.99)
File Size: 101 KB

Dead Space Obsidian Suit (Free)
File Size: 10.4 MB
Note: Free for a limited time only.

Dead Space Scorpion Suit ($2.49)
File Size 9.31 MB

FIFA 09

* All Leagues Pack ($19.99)
* Barclays Premier League English Pack ($6.99)
* Bundesliga German Pack ($6.99)
* Liga BBVA Spanish Pack ($6.99)
* Ligue 1 French Pack ($6.99)
* Primera Division De Mexico Pack ($6.99)
* Serie A Italian Pack ($6.99)
File Sizes: 100 KB

Mega Man 9 Endless Attack Mode ($2.99)
File Size: 216 KB

Mega Man 9 Protoman Mode ($1.99)
File Size: 100 KB

Rock Band
The Offspring Track Pack 01 ($5.49; includes tracks below, also offered individually)
* Gone Away - The Offspring ($1.99)
* Pretty Fly (For A White Guy) - The Offspring ($1.99)
* Self Esteem - The Offspring ($1.99)

Various Tracks

* All Right Now - Free ($1.99)
* Bad to the Bone - George Thorogood ($1.99)
* Cream and Bastards Ride - Harvey Danger ($1.99)
* Nearly Lost You - Screaming Trees ($1.99)
* Push It - Static-X ($1.99)
* Stop! - Against Me ($1.99)
File sizes: 21.7 MB - 38.9 MB (singles), 91.7 MB (track pack)

Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution Single Player Map Pack: Brave New Worlds (Free)
File Size: 42.1 MB

Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution Scenario Pack: The Victory Pack ($1.25)
File Size: 104 KB

Super Stardust HD Game Bundle with Solo & Team modes ($14.99)

Super Stardust HD Add-on Bundle (Solo & Team) ($7.99)
File Size: 377 KB

Demos (Free)

Warhawk
File Size: 855 MB

Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
File Size: 160 MB

Game Videos (Free)

LittleBigPlanet Life in LBP Ep. 2 (Play)
File Size: 157 MB

LittleBigPlanet Playtime
File Size: 52 MB

MotorStorm Pacific Rift Crashes & Carnage Trailer
File Size: 53.2 MB (720p) / 87.9 MB (1080p)

NBA 09 Trailers (x4)
File Sizes: 38.4 - 46.5 MB

SOCOM: Confrontation - Desert Glory Flythrough
File Size: 72.2 MB

Bioshock Official Trailer
File Size: 68.5

Legendary: The Box Behind the Scenes 3 & 4 (x2)
File Sizes: Scene 3 (216 MB) / Scene 4 (166 MB)

Mercenaries 2 World In Flames Payback Trailer
File Size: 94.1 MB

Soul Calibur IV Character Gameplay Combos Trailer
File Size: 181 MB

Tom Clancy’s End War Command Points Video Briefing
File Size: 65.9 MB

Tom Clancy’s End War Mass Destruction Trailer
File Size: 70.2 MB

Starting today, PlayStation Store will begin to offer premium themes for purchase. These include themes from our partners Smobile and Disruptive Media Publishers as well as some game publishers.

Paid Themes

Kicks Theme ($0.99)
File Size: 2.71 MB

Bioshock Exclusive Theme ($0.99)
File Size: 5.41 MB

* Disruptive Media Publishers Paid Themes (x20)

Auburn University ($1.99)
File Size: 5.11 MB

Florida State University ($1.99)
File Size: 5.03 MB

University of Georgia ($1.99)
File Size: 4.93 MB

University of Miami ($1.99)
File Size: 5.02 MB

University of Michigan ($1.99)
File Size: 4.95 MB

University of North Carolina ($1.99)
File Size: 5.10 MB

University of Tennessee ($1.99)
File Size: 5.09 MB

University of Texas ($1.99)
File Size: 5.01 MB

Beach Sampler ($1.99)
File Size: 5.32 MB

Summer Down Under ($1.99)
File Size: 5.06 MB

Digital Techno ($1.49)
File Size: 4.55 MB

High Voltage ($1.49)
File Size: 5.57 MB

Horror Eyes ($1.49)
File Size: 5.53 MB

Refracted Revolt ($1.49)
File Size: 3.94 MB

Bad Girls ($1.49)
File Size: 3.58 MB

Halloween Vixens ($1.49)
File Size: 4.75 MB

Golden Retriever ($1.49)
File Size: 6.02 MB

Man’s Best Friend ($1.49)
File Size: 5.81 MB

Nordic Majesty ($1.49)
File Size: 5.84 MB

Seaside Sunsets ($1.49)
File Size: 4.77 MB

* Smobile Paid Themes

Elven-X ($0.99)
File Size: 4.72 MB

Iron Guard ($0.99)
File Size: 2.08 MB

Themes & Wallpapers (Free)

WipEout HD All Teams #2 Theme
File Size: 2.44 MB

Fallout 3 Brotherhood of Steel Theme
File Size: 1.43 MB

Fallout PIP-BOY 3000 Theme
File Size: 856 KB

Linger In Shadows Wallpapers (x2)
File Size: 235 - 412 KB

ATV Pure Wallpapers (x4)
File Size: 670 - 965 KB

Valkyria Chronicles Wallpapers (x2)
File Size: 1.42 - 1.57 MB

All Right Now - Free
Bad To The Bone

:APPLAUD:

Last edited:
Ouch! What an update.

Great track there on Rock Band (aside from the ones you said) - "Nearly Lost You" by the Screaming Trees is great! Its on the Soundtrack to 'Singles' (great film based in Seattle/Grunge Scene).

That will be a blast to play in RB I reckon!

PS3 Firmware 2.50 Update Features
* Support for the PS3 Official Bluetooth Headset - we’ve told you about the upcoming Bluetooth Headset and SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Bundle on the Blog. This latest firmware installment enables High-Quality (HQ) mode, which delivers clear and wide-band online voice chat. On top of that, an added on-screen indicator shows battery status, volume level and use of HQ mode.
* PlayStation Trophies interface enhancements - I know that many of you are busy collecting trophies and raising your PlayStation Trophy level. This update makes sharing and comparing your trophies with your friends even easier. On 1st part of the profile page you’ll see a symbol under level that represents level and the actual percentage towards the next level along with the existing level meter. The level symbol carries over to the trophy comparison screen where you will now be able to see your level, your friend’s level and the percentage towards the next level for both users along with all of the game by game comparison information you see today.
* Friend status – Offline friends on your Friends list will have information below their avatars that will indicate how long it has been since they were last online.
* Video – This update adds the Scene Search feature similar to the feature on the PSP. Activating this feature while viewing a video on the PS3 will break the video up into scenes that you can quickly access by pressing the X button. You can break the videos into one, two or five minute intervals. In addition, you can now choose to have all of the videos under the video section of the XMB play in sequence. Go to Settings then Video Settings to turn this option on.
* PlayStation Store – We’ve added a redeem codes option right on the store to make it easier to redeem your PlayStation Network Cards and promotion codes. In addition, PlayStation Network Sign Up and Account Management have been redesigned.
* Power Save Settings – You can now set your PS3 and wireless controllers to turn off automatically after set periods of inactivity. Go to Settings then Power Save Settings to turn on these features.
* Background Downloading - You now have the option to set the PS3 to turn off automatically after a background download or installation of content has completed. This option is available when you turn off the system from the button under [Users] while content is being downloaded or installed.
* In-game Screenshots - this tool will allow everyone to capture, share and in other words, immortalize their favorite gameplay moments. This will be supported on a game by game basis. Please check back to find out which games will support this feature^.
* In addition to all of the features above there are some additional features and enhancements included in 2.50. Once the update launches, you can read all of the details here.
Due out within the next 2 weeks.
^ denotes "Bah".

Last edited:
Wouldnt be surprised if the Home beta launched with this too (could be what the last bit is alluding too).

The rumour from the Sony beta manager was October when 2.5 launches wasnt it - and I think they are going to launch it, but dont want to commit to it in this statement yet in case something goes wrong. But I reckon by the end of October, we'll have Home :))

Wouldnt be surprised if the Home beta launched with this too (could be what the last bit is alluding too).

The rumour from the Sony beta manager was October when 2.5 launches wasnt it - and I think they are going to launch it, but dont want to commit to it in this statement yet in case something goes wrong. But I reckon by the end of October, we'll have Home :))
yes end of october next year we will have Home.

sorry but i am tired of all the bullshit sony makes with this Home and even there fw updates. i be surprised of this update launches in 2 weeks like they say. i bet its mor elike two months before we see this update. just look at the 2.0 update which was SUPPOSE to arrive back in april. we waiting 2-3months after for it to appear.

i believe it until i see it;)

And then you'll see it you'll not believe it any more?

-

I think they're going to go out of their way to release an open beta of HOME - partly to cash in on Christmas and to avoid being criticized yet again for not releasing it as promised (as they said at the start of January 2008 that HOME will be released by the end of this year).

Didn't someone say a month or so ago that it'd be released at the end of October?

Yep, Eurogamer (and many other sites reported it:

Home 1.00 launching end October?

Sony's much-delayed PS3 Home project could finally be set to launch at the end of next month, according to a report on PS3 Fanboy.

A forum post on the Home beta message board by Home Manager 'TedTheDog' said that current PS3 freezes and Network issues currently being experienced by Home beta users would be fixed with the release of PS3 fimware revision 2.50.

"2.5 is what we're waiting for and 'October' is what I've heard, later October is my guess," he said.

Elsewhere in the post, it states that Home 1.0 will launch simultaneously with firmware 2.50.

Sony was unavailable for comment, but expect more news on Home very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom