Sony PlayStation 3

It's never been about cross game invites/auto join. It's a virtual social area where you can form parties of friends and load games together and play as a group.

Basically if you want to play with your mates - get online at the time you all agree at and join the party

It's never been about cross game invites/auto join. It's a virtual social area where you can form parties of friends and load games together and play as a group.

Basically if you want to play with your mates - get online at the time you all agree at and join the party

say if im late joining the party and you guys are still in the game lobby of say umm fifa09. how can i join u from there?

what if your in a half empty server playing socom and i wish to join the same server your playing. again why cant Home do this?:SS

In fifa 09 they're saying friends can join your games mid game online for BAP so if you turn up late just boot fifa and join through that.

I've no idea about if you can join me in a half empty server in socom - i assume you'd load up socom - go into your in game friends list - then select that friend and pick 'join buddy'

So it's abit like what you can do on Xbox Live?

Thats my favourite feature of Live, being able to join your mates game at any time.
not entirely. with xbox live u can do it via the dashboard on any game whilst in ps3 it depends on the actual game.

i thought Home would make all games work like this universaly ie 3d version of xbox live

No it lets you form a party and then load games up as a group and stay as a group and either return to home or load a different game etc.. which I'm sure they're now adding to the 360 via an update.

Then you have the social aspect to home - meeting and challenging new players to games - showing off your trophies - playing on the home games and checking out each others personal spaces along with the cool extras you can do through that like view a video or image or hear a mp3 stored on your friends HDD. So one of us could put a video of Foo Fighters in Concert on the HDD and a group of us could go into their home space and view it on one of the in game tv's.

Tomorrows psn store in rough - mega man 9 wipeout hd burnout and some new rockband songs and the rush album moving pictures.

-

How much is it?

I did enjoy the old wipeout and it would be nice to have a super fast hd version of it. Not sure if i can pull myself away from TNA Impact, LBP:Beta and now Rockband as i'm back into it after a short break

I would get Wip3out, but I dont really want to be putting my CC details into my PS3, come on Sony, release the PSN Cards here please!

How much is it?

I did enjoy the old wipeout and it would be nice to have a super fast hd version of it. Not sure if i can pull myself away from TNA Impact, LBP:Beta and now Rockband as i'm back into it after a short break

Its a bargain at £11.99!!

Prob be DLC for tracks/ships at a later date etc.

Is TNA any good? Heard bad things about it, but also sounds like one of those games where you can ignore the bad.

I heard they are doing DLC for more wrestlers. Any biggies missing from the start?

Gameplay wise it's better than the WWE games - BUT the main problem is everyone shares the same movesets almost.

The light weight guys all have the acrobatic styles of moves - brawlers have their own and grapplers their own. So if you pick any grappler guy (Kurt angle, Samoa joe, booker t) they'll have the exact same moves other than a few signature moves here and there and everyone has 1 finisher of their own.

The more I've played it the more moves im finding though - i just found out how to pull of submission moves and how to do back leaps off the turnbuckles for moonsaults.

It's not as good as the WWE games though mainly because there isn't that much to do and the game is bare bones. It's not bad for their first attempt but it's lacking a hell of a lot.

I think I'm liking the game more than the casual gamer would as i'm a fan of tna so i know the roster well enough to have fun feuding guys off and recreating matches. I'm enjoying the Create a Wrestler mode as well - its EXTREMELY basic and limited... seriously... it's like the legends of wrestling games CAW mode or the old WWF attitude games that Akklaim made where all the moves were pulled off with combos like 'forward forward down X = DDT'

That said I've made these;

Hulk Hogan, Jimmy Rave, Raven & Austin Starr
http://caws.ws/creator.php?id=2483

Terry Funk
http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?showtopic=267305

CM Punk (TNA Look)
http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?showtopic=266399&st=0

A short video of mine with some caws in

YouTube - TNA Impact Video Game Caws

Full match - My Hogan (WWF 80s) vs Black Machismo
YouTube - TNA IMPACT The Game Hulk Hogan vs Black Machismo Jay Lethal

DLC annoucned so far - Petey Williams - Kaz - Curry Man.

Full roster here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TNA_Impact!_(video_game)#Roster

I'm enjoying the actual gameplay despite the limited movesets though - i love being able to leap from the top turnbuckle or dive over the top ropes to the outside and hit more than one person (than you havoc engine) and the animations and reveals are impressive. But I wouldn't recommend it at full price to anyone who wasn't a big wrestling fan. Despite the moves in the game being shared a lot if you want to create a CAW you have to start with the default movesets which means a lot of repeated moves - but as you play you gain style points (more points for bigger moves, less for small or repetative moves) -- this is actually really good because it gives you something to keep playing for - but the main problem - the game ONLY has the basic movesets and in game finishers - so NO hogan leg drop finisher or WWE finisher. If the in game guys have something similair then you can use that but there is nothing in the game that isn't used in TNA (other than the games charatcer Suicide who uses the DOA (and is actually going to be on tv wrestling for real soon) - oh andyou cant edit the in game roster at all - so you cant change their moves or music and you cant give your caw their music or entrances.

It seems like the caw mode was designed so you could create yourself for the first game

Last edited:
Gameplay wise it's better than the WWE games - BUT the main problem is everyone shares the same movesets almost.

The light weight guys all have the acrobatic styles of moves - brawlers have their own and grapplers their own. So if you pick any grappler guy (Kurt angle, Samoa joe, booker t) they'll have the exact same moves other than a few signature moves here and there and everyone has 1 finisher of their own.

The more I've played it the more moves im finding though - i just found out how to pull of submission moves and how to do back leaps off the turnbuckles for moonsaults.

It's not as good as the WWE games though mainly because there isn't that much to do and the game is bare bones. It's not bad for their first attempt but it's lacking a hell of a lot.

I think I'm liking the game more than the casual gamer would as i'm a fan of tna so i know the roster well enough to have fun feuding guys off and recreating matches. I'm enjoying the Create a Wrestler mode as well - its EXTREMELY basic and limited... seriously... it's like the legends of wrestling games CAW mode or the old WWF attitude games that Akklaim made where all the moves were pulled off with combos like 'forward forward down X = DDT'

That said I've made these;

Hulk Hogan, Jimmy Rave, Raven & Austin Starr
http://caws.ws/creator.php?id=2483

Terry Funk
http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?showtopic=267305

CM Punk (TNA Look)
http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?showtopic=266399&st=0

YouTube - TNA Impact Video Game Caws

Full match - My Hogan (WWF 80s) vs Black Machismo
YouTube - TNA IMPACT The Game Hulk Hogan vs Black Machismo Jay Lethal

Full roster here

I'm enjoying the actual gameplay despite the limited movesets though - i love being able to leap from the top turnbuckle or dive over the top ropes to the outside and hit more than one person (than you havoc engine) and the animations and reveals are impressive. But I wouldn't recommend it at full price to anyone who wasn't a big wrestling fan. Despite the moves in the game being shared a lot if you want to create a CAW you have to start with the default movesets which means a lot of repeated moves - but as you play you gain style points (more points for bigger moves, less for small or repetative moves) -- this is actually really good because it gives you something to keep playing for - but the main problem - the game ONLY has the basic movesets and in game finishers - so NO hogan leg drop finisher or WWE finisher. If the in game guys have something similair then you can use that but there is nothing in the game that isn't used in TNA (other than the games charatcer Suicide who uses the DOA (and is actually going to be on tv wrestling for real soon) - oh andyou cant edit the in game roster at all - so you cant change their moves or music and you cant give your caw their music or entrances.

It seems like the caw mode was designed so you could create yourself for the first game

Cool cheers - I might keep an eye out for a budget release. Too many good games at the moment, but I do like the odd bit of TNA!

Rumored PlayStation Store Content for 9/25
This week might just be the best PS Store Update ever!

Already confirmed for Thursday is Geon: Emotions, WipEout HD, Megaman 9, and Burnout Paradise. Don’t forget to download the Burnout Paradise Trophy Support update which is scheduled to be available for download as well.

Geon: Emotions Full Game

WipEout HD Full Game and Demo

Megaman 9 Full Game

Burnout Paradise: Full Game

NBA Live 2009 Demo

Megaman 9 DLC Protoman

Buzz Quiz TV DLC

Rock Band DLC

I'll get Wipeout on Monday and I'll finally DL Quest for Booty on Monday also.

Gonna get Wipeout tonight if my internet works, it looks like Virgin have knackered something up and I won't be a happy bunny if I can't get Wipeout tonight because of it.

If all else fails, I'll use the 3G connection on my phone and tell my PS3 to download through that.

Gonna get Wipeout tonight if my internet works, it looks like Virgin have knackered something up and I won't be a happy bunny if I can't get Wipeout tonight because of it.

If all else fails, I'll use the 3G connection on my phone and tell my PS3 to download through that.

Didnt think you could do that with PS3? Have you dont it before?

Didnt think you could do that with PS3? Have you dont it before?

It's not anything to do with the PS3 really, it's all with my N95. I use Joiku-Spot to make my phone a WiFi hotspot, and I'll just tell my PS3 to look for WiFi and connect to my phone ;))

Full roster here

That actually doesnt look too bad - seems the moves have a nice 'bang' to them which makes it feel a bit brutal. Shame about the lack of moves etc.

It's not anything to do with the PS3 really, it's all with my N95. I use Joiku-Spot to make my phone a WiFi hotspot, and I'll just tell my PS3 to look for WiFi and connect to my phone ;))

Ah right yea, via WiFi, thought you meant via USB as I have one of the those 3 USB Modem thingies.

Loving the N95 - was in town on Saturday and whilst the missus was shopping, I stood out on the high street, found a shops WiFi connection and was getting footie updates!

I'm catching up with all this technology you crazy kids use!

U.S. PLAYSTATION®Store Update for September 25th
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/09/25/playstation-store-update-53/

Downloadable Games

WipEout HD ($19.99)
File sizes: 997 MB

Burnout Paradise PSN ($29.99)
File sizes: 3.24 GB

GEON Emotions ($9.99)
File sizes: 54.2 MB

Mega Man 9 (free demo, $9.99 to buy)
File sizes: 62.9 MB

Add-on Game Content

BUZZ! QuizTV Question Pack, National Geographic: Safari ($7.99)
File sizes: 135 MB

BUZZ! QuizTV Question Pack, Videogames ($5.99)
File sizes: 118 MB

BUZZ! QuizTV Question Pack, Sci-Fi ($5.99)
File sizes: 194 MB

Soul Calibur IV Customization Equipment 2 ($1.99)
File sizes: 3.09 MB

Rock Band
* “Limelight (Original Version)” – Rush ($1.99)
* “Tom Sawyer (Original Version)” – Rush ($1.99)
* “Red Barchetta” – Rush ($1.99)
* “The Camera Eye” – Rush ($1.99)
* “Vital Signs” – Rush ($1.99)
* “Witch Hunt” – Rush ($1.99)
* “YYZ” – Rush ($1.99)
* “Moving Pictures (Album)” – Rush ($10.99) This pack includes “Tom Sawyer (Original Version),” “Red Barchetta,” “YYZ,” “Limelight (Original Version),” “The Camera Eye,” “Witch Hunt,” and “Vital Signs” by Rush.
* “Bandage” – Hot Hot Heat ($1.99)
* “Love Spreads” – Stone Roses ($1.99)
* “She Sells Sanctuary – The Cult ($1.99)
* “Shoot the Runner – Kasabian ($1.99)
* “Sorrow” – Bad Religion ($1.99)
* “You’re No Rock n’ Roll Fun” – Sleater Kinney ($1.99)
File sizes: 3 MB - 50 MB (singles), 205 MB (track packs)

Game Demos (free)

NBA 09 The Inside Demo
ESRB Rated E
File size: 964 MB

NBA Live 09 Demo
ESRB Rated E
File size: 766 MB

Mega Man 9 Trial
ESRB Rated E
File size: 62.9 MB

Game Videos (free)

PAIN Amusement Park-New Characters Video
File sizes: 58 MB (HD)

Resistance 2 Shattered History Trailer
File size: 97 MB (HD), 160 MB (1080)

Brothers in Arms: Hell’ Highway Eyes Only Network Trailer
File size: 214 MB (HD), 291 MB (1080)

Burnout Paradise Bikes Network Trailer
File size: 56 MB (HD)

Dead Space Animated Comic Issue #5 Network Trailer
File size: 195 MB (HD)

Tomb Raider: Underworld Gameplay Network Trailer
File size: 96 MB (HD), 129 MB (1080)

88 Minutes Blu-ray Trailer
File size: 107 MB (HD), 144 MB (1080)

Made of Honor Blu-ray Trailer
File size: 81 MB (HD), 103 MB (1080)

PS3 Wallpaper (free)

Soul Calibur IV #5 Tira Witch
File size: 262 KB - 999 KB

Soul Calibur IV #6 Voldo Jack-O-Lantern
File size: 296 KB - 1.06 MB

PS3 Themes (free)

Buzz! Quiz TV
File sizes: 5.43 MB

Wipeout HD Theme - All Teams #1

Killzone 2 beta keys emails are being sent out by Sony.

Back
Top Bottom