Sony PlayStation 3

Had a blip on my PS3 just know got a red message on screen saying a serious fault had occurred and to contact a technician? With a big red line down the screen? I turned it off and on (as you do) and it worked fine! Anyone had this?...

Yes, it's a 60Gb version. It's from june 2007. I've read that a replacement of the HDD is very easy, so I will check what I can do. Shipping to Sony will take a few months I guess, so I can't miss FIFA 09 that long ;)

Thanks anyway for your help!

No problem.

When my PS3 stopped reading discs I phoned Sony immediately and they sent me a door replacement 4 days later, they should be able to sort you out because its still under warranty. It may differ from country to country but its worth a go.

Yes, it's a 60Gb version. It's from june 2007. I've read that a replacement of the HDD is very easy, so I will check what I can do. Shipping to Sony will take a few months I guess, so I can't miss FIFA 09 that long ;)

Thanks anyway for your help!

Have you tried to format the HDD? Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago, my ps3 couldn't read games, music cds and memory cards so i made a full format to the system and everything went back to normal.

Have you tried to format the HDD? Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago, my ps3 couldn't read games, music cds and memory cards so i made a full format to the system and everything went back to normal.

When I switch the PS3 on, a text appears that says "Hard disk corrupted" so I can't go inside the PS3. I stuck there. In Holland Sony does not as good work as in UK, so my only chance to solve the problem is buying a new HDD and replacing it :((

So some of you are downloading PS3 firmware version 2.43, are you? Good for you! Thing is, unless you own a Japanese PS3, it's a completely pointless exercise. The update's mandatory for Japanese consoles only. Yes, if you manually hit "system update" in your XMB it'll pop up, and you can download it, but you don't need to download it. Unless you've got a Japanese PS3, it won't do squat. We clear? Excellent.

PS3 Firmware update (v2.43) [PlayStation.Blog]

UPDATE - Curious as to what, exactly, 2.43 was for? Sony have announced it's to get the Japanese PlayStation Store ready for the video download service.

Life with Playstion is available now, it replaces Folding at Home, I've seen pics so its legit but I haven't been prompted yet when I load up Folding at Home.

Sony has confirmed that new PS3 service Life with PlayStation was briefly up, running and available to the public earlier today.

As reported on the US PlayStation.com forums, some PS3 owners managed to get it going.

According to Sony, this wasn't meant to happen. "Today, while testing the application, Life with PlayStation was available for download temporarily, by mistake," a spokesperson told Eurogamer. The error has since been rectified, and you can't get hold of the app any more. We've tried.

For those who aren't familiar, Life will offer news and weather updates via a swish looking global map. It was supposed to launch in July, then August, then in a bit. For now, Sony's only saying, "We will make official announcement for the service launch shortly."

Naughty by Nature's O.P.P. is going to on the Singstore tomorrow, I'm definately buying that, finally some rap songs!

Rest of update...

* Annie - "My Heartbeat"
* Bros - "I Owe You Nothing"
* Earth Wind & Fire - "Boogie Wonderland"
* Five - "Everybody Get Up"
* Freemasons - "When You Touch Me"
* Goldfrapp - "Ooh La La"
* Judas Priest - "Breaking The Law"
* Kim Wilde - "Kids In America"
* Mark Ronson feat. Phantom Planet - "Just"
* Motorpsycho - "The Other Fool"
* Naughty By Nature - "O.P.P."
* Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - "The Ship Song"
* Ryan Cabrera - "On The Way Down"
* Savage Garden – “To the Moon and Back”
* Seal - "Kiss From A Rose"
* Simple Plan - "Welcome To My Life"
* Soulwax - "Caramel"
* The Pigeon Detectives - "This Is An Emergency"
* The Poodles - "Raise The Banner"
* Toploader - "Dancing In The Moonlight"

Must get round to getting some more DLC for Singstar - been 1 or 2 of each of the last few updates that I definately want...

Following yesterday's false start, Life with PlayStation is properly available for download.

As explained on the US PlayStation blog, it's a new service offering weather and news updates for more than 60 cities around the world.

You can track real-time cloud movement on the global map, and listen to your own choice of music while you're doing so.

Whenever you're using Life with PlayStation you'll be taking part in the Folding@home project - which means your PS3 will be processing data to help Stanford University cure diseases like Alzheimer's.

To download Life, just boot up Folding@home from the XMB and follow the instructions.

(By the way, don't worry: by fiddling around with the menu options you can still access the nice blue Folding@home globe with the twinkly lights and the calming seashore sound. Phew.)

Definately going to get the Naughty By Nature song, will probably get the Savage Garden track too :DD I hate their other stuff with a passion, but that song is pretty cool :DD

U.S. PLAYSTATION®Store Update for September 18th
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/09/18/playstation-store-update-52/

Price Promotion

Call of Duty 4 Map Pack 1-week price promotion @ $4.99 (from 9/18/ - 9/25)

Add-on Game Content

Rock Band
* “The Conjuring” - Megadeth ($1.99)
* “Wake Up Dead” - Megadeth ($1.99)
* “Bad Omen” - Megadeth ($1.99)
* “Devil’s Island” - Megadeth ($1.99)
* “Good Mourning/Black Friday” - Megadeth ($1.99)
* “I Ain’t Superstitious” - Megadeth ($1.99)
* “My Last Words” - Megadeth ($1.99)
* Peace Sells…But Who’s Buying? Album ($10.99) - this album includes “Wake Up Dead, “The Conjuring,” “Devil’s Island,” “Good Mourning/Black Friday”, “Bad Omen,” “I Ain’t Superstitious,” and “My Last Words” - Megadeth.
* “Hands Down” - Dashboard Confessional ($0.99)
* “One of THOSE Nights”— The Cab ($0.99)
* “She’s a Handsome Woman”— Panic at the Disco ($0.99)
* “Natural Disaster”— Plain White T’s ($0.99)
* Rock Band Live 2008 Tour Pack 1 ($3.99) - includes “Natural Disaster” - Plain White T’s, “She’s a Handsome Woman”- Panic at the Disco, “One of THOSE Nights” - The Cab, and “Hands Down” - Dashboard Confessional.
File sizes: 22.4 MB - 52.1 MB (singles), 101 MB - 253 MB (track packs)

Game Demos (free)

Fracture Demo
ESRB Rated T
File size: 876 MB

Mercenaries 2 Demo
ESRB Rated T
File size: 1.10 GB

Game Videos (free)

NBA 09 The Inside: Life (x4)
File sizes: 46 MB - 72 MB (HD), 76 MB - 117 MB (1080)

Valkyria Chronicles GC Trailer
File size: 43 MB (HD)

EA Sports Hockey League Video
File size: 89 MB (HD)

AST Dew Tour - Portland FMX Jam Session
File size: 91 MB (HD), 146 MB (1080)

AST Dew Tour - Portland Skate Thrills
File size: 94 MB (HD), 154 MB (1080)

AST Dew Tour - Portland BMX Highlights
File size: 128 MB (HD), 212 MB (1080)

AST Dew Tour - Rob Darden Profile
File size: 118 MB (HD), 196 MB (1080)

AST Dew Tour - P Rod Profile
File size: 91 MB (HD), 155 MB (1080)

AST Dew Tour - Skate Park Stars
File size: 116 MB (HD), 191 MB (1080)

AST Dew Tour - Behind the Scenes with Andy M.
File size: 92 MB (HD), 154 MB (1080)

AST Dew Tour - PlayStation Pro Moments Portland
File size: 49 MB (HD), 87 MB (1080)

Play the Pros: Baltimore
File size: 72 MB (HD), 120 MB (1080)

PlayStation Home Beta Extended Today

+ Posted by Jack Buser // Director, PlayStation Home

If you’ve applied for the PlayStation Home closed beta, but have yet to receive an invite, you may want to check your inbox again as we’re opening PlayStation Home’s expanded closed beta again to thousands of new beta testers. The closed beta test is going quite well, so please don’t sweat if you didn’t make today’s list, as this wave of invitations will be followed by many more before our launch into open beta.

Home - Apartment 2

Since the initial wave of new invitations went out a few weeks ago, we’ve been having an incredible amount of fun in PlayStation Home meeting each other, launching into games together, and dancing the night away by Listen@Home! To give you an idea of what we’re up to, we gave some folks in the media a sneak peak of PlayStation Home. Check out their tour recaps:

* PS3 Fanboy: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/09/17/preview-playstation-home/
* Joystiq: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/17/a-guided-tour-of-the-playstation-home-beta/

Can’t wait to see everyone in PlayStation Home - I’m always down for a game of pool or rocking the robot lock!

See you in there.

--

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/09/19/playstation-home-beta-extended-today/

Just installed "Life With Playstation" ... and it's a bit shit really. I never did understand the Wii Weather channel and I don't understand why Sony would want to make one for the PS3.

A tipster to PS3 Fanboy sent in a screenshot of a forum post in which the manager of the Home beta says firmware version 2.5 is likely for "later October," with the 1.0 of Home releasing simultaneous to that. Seems the Home testers had found a bug that froze the PS3 and/or created sporadic network errors. When they asked when it'd be fixed, this was the answer: "We are waiting for a system software update to the PS3 to deal with this. 2.5 is what we're waiting for and 'October' is what I've heard, later October is my guess."

yea Home appears to be coming out november. doubt it. not interested in it if it doesnt have cross gaming invites and auto join games for ALLL ps3 games just like the xbox 360.

Back
Top Bottom