Sony PlayStation 3

And then you'll see it you'll not believe it any more?

-

I think they're going to go out of their way to release an open beta of HOME - partly to cash in on Christmas and to avoid being criticized yet again for not releasing it as promised (as they said at the start of January 2008 that HOME will be released by the end of this year).
i'l believe it when i see it

PS3 Firmware 2.50 Update Features
* Support for the PS3 Official Bluetooth Headset - we’ve told you about the upcoming Bluetooth Headset and SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Bundle on the Blog. This latest firmware installment enables High-Quality (HQ) mode, which delivers clear and wide-band online voice chat. On top of that, an added on-screen indicator shows battery status, volume level and use of HQ mode.
* PlayStation Trophies interface enhancements - I know that many of you are busy collecting trophies and raising your PlayStation Trophy level. This update makes sharing and comparing your trophies with your friends even easier. On 1st part of the profile page you’ll see a symbol under level that represents level and the actual percentage towards the next level along with the existing level meter. The level symbol carries over to the trophy comparison screen where you will now be able to see your level, your friend’s level and the percentage towards the next level for both users along with all of the game by game comparison information you see today.
* Friend status – Offline friends on your Friends list will have information below their avatars that will indicate how long it has been since they were last online.
* Video – This update adds the Scene Search feature similar to the feature on the PSP. Activating this feature while viewing a video on the PS3 will break the video up into scenes that you can quickly access by pressing the X button. You can break the videos into one, two or five minute intervals. In addition, you can now choose to have all of the videos under the video section of the XMB play in sequence. Go to Settings then Video Settings to turn this option on.
* PlayStation Store – We’ve added a redeem codes option right on the store to make it easier to redeem your PlayStation Network Cards and promotion codes. In addition, PlayStation Network Sign Up and Account Management have been redesigned.
* Power Save Settings – You can now set your PS3 and wireless controllers to turn off automatically after set periods of inactivity. Go to Settings then Power Save Settings to turn on these features.
* Background Downloading - You now have the option to set the PS3 to turn off automatically after a background download or installation of content has completed. This option is available when you turn off the system from the button under [Users] while content is being downloaded or installed.
* In-game Screenshots - this tool will allow everyone to capture, share and in other words, immortalize their favorite gameplay moments. This will be supported on a game by game basis. Please check back to find out which games will support this feature^.
* In addition to all of the features above there are some additional features and enhancements included in 2.50. Once the update launches, you can read all of the details here.
Due out within the next 2 weeks.
^ denotes "Bah".

and Flash 9 ;)

C&VG report that PSN will be down tonight from around 8pm til 1am. No online gaming, no nothing. Strange, as it's on at the time of writing.

If your signed in before 8 then I think your OK.

Just got a PS3 for £150 :))

is there anything i need to do to it?

Make sure you get the latest firmware

Set up a US account

Buy a DualShock 3 controller

Pre-order LBP

Download Wipeout HD

Download TVersity for your PC

Oh, and it's a great purchase for £300, for £150 it's a steal ... ;))

Just got a PS3 for £150 :))

is there anything i need to do to it?

Buy Wipeout HD aswell that'll really give you an example of how good the graphics are in it's 1080p glory. Oh and get a DualShock 3 they are amazing.

Other than that you're set to go, happy gaming :COOL:

(You can add me if you like :)) )

EDIT: Dags beat me again

Make sure you get the latest firmware

Set up a US account

Buy a DualShock 3 controller

Pre-order LBP

Download Wipeout HD

Download TVersity for your PC

Oh, and it's a great purchase for £300, for £150 it's a steal ... ;))

Buy Wipeout HD aswell that'll really give you an example of how good the graphics are in it's 1080p glory. Oh and get a DualShock 3 they are amazing.

Other than that you're set to go, happy gaming :COOL:

(You can add me if you like :)) )

EDIT: Dags beat me again

Thanks

So are DS3's like the PS2 dualshocks? because when i played on a mates PS3 i thought the pad was shite. I already have TVersity but ill need to tweak it for the PS3

Ill look into this firmware and US account business as well because i aint got a scooby at the minute

Thanks

So are DS3's like the PS2 dualshocks? because when i played on a mates PS3 i thought the pad was shite. I already have TVersity but ill need to tweak it for the PS3

Ill look into this firmware and US account business as well because i aint got a scooby at the minute

DS3's actually feel a little better built than the DS2's imho, but they alot better than the SIXAXIS anyhow.

Once you get it online, it will say there is an update you must install before doing anything else online with it, so that's straight forward, or you can DL from the Sony site and install it via a USB stick etc, though I aint managed to do that yet. Also Coopz, think about upgrading your HDD before you start doing anything, sticking a 160-250 in it if your thinking of putting alot of movies or music on it, save time doing that right away before you start DL Firmware and games etc.

Ok thanks mate

so you can upgrade the HDD with a normal one?

i might do that so i can store loads of films on it, im gonna wait till my HDMI cable comes before i start doing anything.

AKAIK, any normal Laptop HDD can be used. Others who have done it will let you know more, I'm thinking about doing it now, plenty of vids on games sites and probably on youtube about it, pboreham has done it, think he put a 320 Gb in his too, he will be best at answering your questions about it.

Ok thanks mate

so you can upgrade the HDD with a normal one?

i might do that so i can store loads of films on it, im gonna wait till my HDMI cable comes before i start doing anything.
not a normal one, a sata laptop one. you can get a 320gb for less then £60

AKAIK, any normal Laptop HDD can be used. Others who have done it will let you know more, I'm thinking about doing it now, plenty of vids on games sites and probably on youtube about it, pboreham has done it, think he put a 320 Gb in his too, he will be best at answering your questions about it.

Yup :))

You need the smaller form factor drive (2.5mm?) - its basically a laptop HDD. Its dead easy to do - the instructions are even in the manual and the PS3 is designed to let you remove the drive. Basically a small screw and the caddy for the HDD slides out, put the new one in the caddy and BOOM away you go. Careful with the screws though as they are really small and can break quite easily.

I've got a 320gb which at the time was about £90 from Ebuyer. Well worth doing though - especially with all the DLC plus the fact lots of PS3 games need installs of up to 4gb each (not all, some).

If you're gonna put the PS3 (welcome aboard BTW, knew you'd see sense) anywhere where you dont have Sky, then PlayTV is very good. Freeview recorder for the PS3 and I think its a top bit of kit. You can export the videos you've recorded to PC/PSP as well from within the PS3.

Welcome Coopz, The rumour is that Coopz is leaving CW's BAP team for Evo Web Revolution!, Apparantly its his dream to were the Athletico colours! :DD

If it was coming it would be in tomorrows PSN Store update.

I don't think it will be for a few weeks myself - they'll delay it until the end of november probably so the buzz is all around the PS3 for christmas

You can now watch all the videos on Gametrailers via the browser thanks to the Flash 9 support, I still prefer to DL the wmv file but its nice anyway.

I can't upgrade my HDD because the silly system that Singstar uses, the songs you buy are locked to the machine and not your ID. I'm on my 2nd PS3 and the game recognises that I've bought some songs but it won't let me DL them again or buy them again. I've been bugging Sony for weeks about it but they being very slow in getting me my songs back.

Back
Top Bottom