Sony PlayStation 3

Well you will be able to launch into any game on your own hard drive or disc that's in the console yourself.

But game launching is all about creating a party of players and then all simultaneously launching COD4 and being sent right into a lobby or game.

Are you after the kind of auto join function where you have a friend in a game of Warhawk and you can click them and join them?

I don't think that's going to happen on the PS3 at all. I've never seen any mention of it in Home features or planned features.

Well you will be able to launch into any game on your own hard drive or disc that's in the console yourself.

But game launching is all about creating a party of players and then all simultaneously launching COD4 and being sent right into a lobby or game.

Are you after the kind of auto join function where you have a friend in a game of Warhawk and you can click them and join them?

I don't think that's going to happen on the PS3 at all. I've never seen any mention of it in Home features or planned features.
yea thats what im after. say if i log in and your in a BAP 10v10 lobby getting ready to play, i can instantly join u in that lobby without the need of u sending me an invite just like in xbox live

Right, I shouldnt be allowed to have a decent amount of money and an Amazon account.

I've now bought Haze for £20, and I know its shit.

To go along with Blade Runner and iRobot on Blu-Ray and the Blu-Ray remote.

Help me.

No I don't think that's possible - at least I know it's not in the beta now and I've never read anything to suggest it's an idea they're looking to add.

I'll ask my brother to post a request for this ability in the home beta request forums.

i've been a home beta tester since the beginning.

it's interesting, but i wouldn't get too excited about it. as it is now, it's just a bunch of rooms where you can walk around, talk to people, gesture, type, dance. you can play pool and bowling and some arcade games. you have to wait about 30 seconds between rooms for the it to load.

i don't really find it all that compelling. i would much prefer better communication services in the ps3 XMB such as quick voice chat/text chat/game inviting etc. doing it through home is just a pain in the ass since you have to BOOT up home.. (takes a few minutes). then load the room (another minute) etc.

it's slow. if it were instant access like the XMB where you could just press HOME and immediately get into the space. that would be cool. i don't see that happening however.

i dont care for Home now. sounds like a complete waste of time. i was expecting it to better then xbox live and for it to actualy replace teh xmb ie as soon as u load ur ps3 ur in Home and from there you can do what u normaly can do in the XMB

Its a bit of a button basher but I enjoyed Heavenly Sword a lot, the graphics are amazing and the cut scenes are the best I've ever seen in a game.

I'm with you on this. Great game and I truly enjoyed every bit of it. My favorite character was that crazy and hilarious Flying Fox. LOL! what a nut he was.

I love the main antagonist's humour in Heavenly Sword. Voiced by Andy Serkis so he has just the right amount of crazy.

Graphics are simply amazing. Seems to me whenever a company develops exclusively for one console, you get some absolutely stunners visually.

Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, GT5p, Ratchet and Clank, etc. All brilliant visually, and as of right now, pretty good games anyway. Even Everybody's Golf looks great, far better than Tiger Woods.

Another batch of closed beta invites have gone out for Sony's Home service, this time to those who downloaded the PlayStation 3 Home theme from the PlayStation Store. If you haven't already done so, check your e-mail address(es) to see if you've been selected. We've heard from scores of folks who've been plucked from the PS3-owning masses and are watching the download progress bar tick ever higher right now.

Just think, you could be staring into virtual space with a bad haircut and low quality streetwear with thousands of other folks by tonight! No Home beta invite for me yet, but I'll be sexually harassing the lot of you via a fiber optic connection the minute it arrives. Bank on it!

I downloaded the theme the other day so we'll see.

Greg Miller (who wrote that article) is a fucking tool.

He's doing a TNA Wrestling game countdown where each day they reveal a new wrestler and show off some of their moves with a video. They do it every year for the WWE games.

This year he complained throughout the TNA countdown about bad controls and not enough moves. His videos of the matches showed this as they were 5 minutes of punches and kicks followed by a finisher and a pinfall.

He would also slag off the wrestlers with lines like 'TNA's rip off of Mick Foley and Kane, Abyss, makes his way into the game'.

A few weeks later GamingRing.com got hold of the same TNA game and did their own countdown and somehow were pulling off many more moves, their matches were varied and explored lots of different possibilities such as fighting outside of the ring, loads of top rope moves and with weapons. when everyone asked Greg why his videos were so shit he said 'he didn't know how to pull off any other moves... he thought there were only 4 grapples in the game'

When asked why he was so negative with the TNA countdown he said he would do the exact same for any game he's play testing/reviewing.

He's just started his WWE countdown and wouldn't you know it... not one negative word anywhere. Full bios, full stats, full movesets, lots of varied action. Not one word about how it's the same game as last year with a few tweaks and it's splashed all over the ign site to advertise it. He was even at E3 with THQ/WWE to hype their game there and did a huge feature on it on ign livewire after the event.

Yet he still claims he not biased :SS

God knows how someone who can't read a manual, can;t play a game right and is going out of his way to talk down one game while hyping another and showing bias got his job!

Ign are shit

-

Rant over....

Here you go JM

When you're wandering around Home, you'll run into other players that have a large controller above their heads. This means that they've created a match in a PS3 game such as Warhawk or Madden that you can join by clicking X while you're next to them. If you want to set up your own match up, you can open the PSP and create the showdown. When it's over, you're brought right back to Home rather than the XMB.

Not the same or as good as loading up your ps3, clicking on a friends profile and joining their game. But sounds like a great idea to me that we could all meet up in home and then one of us says 'fifa anyone? and we all press X and we're in' then we return to the home space to slag each other off and laugh at the missed shots

Last edited:
i dont care for Home now. sounds like a complete waste of time. i was expecting it to better then xbox live and for it to actualy replace teh xmb ie as soon as u load ur ps3 ur in Home and from there you can do what u normaly can do in the XMB

And i was jumped on for saying it sounded pointless :LOL:

And i was jumped on for saying it sounded pointless :LOL:
i was about to post on that 360vsPS3 thread as i remembered you commenting on it. i thought Home would be like xbox live but it aint! the most important feature i thought home would have is not there!

all Home is from what i can see is the sims online. while i like the sims, i rather play the sims 3 then this Home thing. i couldnt care weather Home gets released tomorrow or in 2 years time as it doesnt feed my basic needs for online gaming.

Here you go JM

Not the same or as good as loading up your ps3, clicking on a friends profile and joining their game. But sounds like a great idea to me that we could all meet up in home and then one of us says 'fifa anyone? and we all press X and we're in' then we return to the home space to slag each other off and laugh at the missed shots

edit: i re track my above statement. it does have it!! how easy it is to locate say you Rad in Home with your status saying that your in a fifa09 10v10 lobby?

is it like this. i turn on my ps3 launch Home immediately, go to my buddy list, see u in Home at X position, press a button that automaticly moves me directly to the area your avator is, click on your icon and join u in a fifa 10v10 lobby that you are currently in? is it this possible with EVERY game?

Last edited:
i was about to post on that 360vsPS3 thread as i remembered you commenting on it. i thought Home would be like xbox live but it aint! the most important feature i thought home would have is not there!

all Home is from what i can see is the sims online. while i like the sims, i rather play the sims 3 then this Home thing. i couldnt care weather Home gets released tomorrow or in 2 years time as it doesnt feed my basic needs for online gaming.

edit: i re track my above statement. it does have it!!

TBH jonney like most things the proof in the pudding is the eating....and you haven't eaten any yet :LOL:

edit: i re track my above statement. it does have it!! how easy it is to locate say you Rad in Home with your status saying that your in a fifa09 10v10 lobby?

is it like this. i turn on my ps3 launch Home immediately, go to my buddy list, see u in Home at X position, press a button that automaticly moves me directly to the area your avator is, click on your icon and join u in a fifa 10v10 lobby that you are currently in? is it this possible with EVERY game?

I think you're about right... the only thing I can't say for sure would be if I'd be in home as you found me or if I'd be in fifa when you found me. If i was in home you'd be able to join my game but if id started the game i don't think you'd be able to join it.

I assume that I'd still be walking around in Home with the logo above my head until I decide to launch the game and at that point I would leave home and be launched into the game and return to home after we've finished in the game.

I don't know if I'd be able to set up the options for the fifa 10 vs 10 game in home - or if it's basic and all I can really choose is to load fifa and everyone just gets grouped together in a lobby.

I'm assuming there will be options built into Home - especially with EA games as they're one of the main partners for home. So we should be able to select 'load game' - select 'fifa 09' - 'create a game' - then we'll have the same options as you'd get when creating your own game when actually in fifa 09.

Once it's all done I'd hope for some sort of integrated lobby where people in home can bagsie a spot in your created game - so the host would be able to see who has joined and know when to launch the game for everyone.

But like Clockender said... we'll just have no real idea until we can get in there and the feature has been added.

-

I don't think it will be available for all games. Obviously games without online play won't show up there - or if they do it will just be so you can launch yourself into a game without having to quit home and then load the game. I'd imagine that only the biggest games would have it integrated at first - and even then probably just the first party exclusives who will be able to get the tools and access to sony support first - and after a few months it would then become compulsory like trophies will be at the end of 2008.

Official bluetooth headset for the Playstation 3.

The headset will be offered in one retail version of Socom Confrontation this October. There will also be a standalone peripheral this fall.

ps3bluetoothheadsetmo9.jpg

Below are the keypoints.

* The headset will feature “High-Quality (HQ) mode” with PS3. In this mode, the headset will take advantage of advanced voice technologies and noise cancellation techniques to provide clear and wideband voice input to the PS3. The HQ mode will ensure a much better voice chat quality on the PS3.
* HQ mode will also enable accurate speech recognition required to support or enhance ‘Voice Command’ and ‘Voice Animation’ features. Voice Command was originally used in SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs for PS2 to administer the AI-controlled teammates using the WHO, WHAT, and WHERE format (example: Bravo, Attack, Nav Point Zulu). Voice Animation refers to the in-game character mimicking you during voice chat. With HQ mode, these features can be enabled on a much larger vocabulary in select PS3 games.
* PS3 will display an in-game status indicator exclusively for this headset that will show the headset’s connection status, battery charge level, speaker volume level and microphone mute status.
* Tired of wearing the headset during a long multiplayer gaming session or is your headset battery running out of charge? Just dock the headset in the supplied charging cradle, and the headset will work as a desktop microphone while charging.
* Last but not least, the headset will automatically pair with the PS3 by connecting with a USB cable.

The standalone headset will cost $49.99 and bundled with Socom Confrontation will cost $59.99. [All prices in USD]

More photos:
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4406/ps3bluetooth009mu2.jpg
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8917/ps3bluetooth003uc3.jpg
http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ps3bluetooth004ye2.jpg

I'll get that with SOCOM.

SOCOM BETA KEYS TOMOROW AT 4PM, YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED EUROGAMER, FIRST COME FIRST SERVE, 6000 KEYS IN TOTAL.

I downloaded Qore EP1 that had the beta with it. Do you think it will be USA region locked so i wont be able to use that key after all?

Downloading now didnt think update was out on PS3 been on Xbox live since this morning. :))

Hearing its really fun elsehwere graphics look great in videos i seen look good also.

Register to eurogamer.net then be at the site for 4pm.

Back
Top Bottom