Sony PlayStation 3

Talking about streams is against the rules here, keep it to yourself please guys.

EDIT: I've just found out that if you sign in on the PS3, go over to the "Users" icon on the far-left and press triangle on the user you're signed in as, you can change the icon. You've got the square-face smilies, round-face smilies, MSN-style silhouettes - all of these in different colours - and you can even import a photo. Did everybody else know that or is it a new feature with the new firmware?

Last edited:
I knew you could change icons, importing a photo must be new. They should allow us to do that with the avatars too.

U.S. PLAYSTATION®Store Update for August 14th

Downloadable Games

Bionic Commando: Rearmed ($9.99)
ESRB Rated M
File size: 373 MB

PS1 Classics for PS3/PSP

Street Fighter Alpha
ESRB Rated T
File size: 80 MB

Add-on Game Content

Rock Band
* “Constant Motion” - Dream Theater ($0.99)
* “Aesthetics of Hate” - Machine Head ($0.99)
* “My Curse” - Killswitch Engage ($0.99)
* “Clouds Over California” - DevilDriver ($0.99)
* “Runnin’ Wild” - Airbourne ($0.99)
* “Sleepwalker” - Megadeth ($0.99)
* Roadrunner Records Pack 1 ($5.99) - includes “Runnin’ Wild” - Airbourne, “Clouds Over California” - DevilDriver, “Constant Motion” - Dream Theater, “My Curse” -Killswitch Engage, “Aesthetics of Hate” - Machine Head , and “Sleepwalker” - Megadeth.
File sizes: 22.5 MB - 48.8 MB (singles), 221 MB (track pack)
Price Promotion: these tracks will become to $1.99 on 8/21. The track pack will become $9.99 on 8/21.

Game Demos (free)

Bionic Commando: Rearmed Demo
ESRB Rated M
File size: 373 MB

1942: Joint Strike Demo
ESRB Rated T
File size: 129 MB

NHL 2K9 Demo
ESRB Rated E10+
File size: 637 MB

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2009 Demo
File size: 1006 MB

Game Videos (free)

The Last Guy Gameplay Trailer 2
File size: 92 MB (HD)

Bionic Commando: Rearmed: The Making Of - Part 3
File size: 290 MB (HD)

Bionic Commando: Rearmed Launch Trailer
File size: 95 MB (HD)

Saints Row 2 – Gangs Trailer
File size: 192 MB (HD)

Vampire Rain Gameplay Trailer 1
File size: 58 MB (HD)

Vampire Rain Running Alley Trailer
File size: 50 MB (HD)

Legendary Behind the Scenes Teaser Trailer
File size: 48 MB (HD)

Madden NFL 09 Buzz Video
File size: 69 MB (HD)

Madden NFL 09 Announcers Video
File size: 59 MB (HD)

Madden NFL 09 Presentation Video
File size: 108 MB (HD)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 : Fusion
File size: 53 MB (HD)

Mirror’s Edge Story Trailer 1
File size: 83 MB (HD)

AST Dew Tour - Cleveland FMX Jam Session
File size: 90 MB (HD), 149 MB (1080)

AST Dew Tour - Cleveland Skate Thrills
File size: 91 MB (HD), 150 MB (1080)

AST Dew Tour - Cleveland BMX Highlights
File size: 122 MB (HD), 202 MB (1080)

AST Dew Tour - Hear it from Nyquist
File size: 93 MB (HD), 154 MB (1080)

PS3 Themes (free)

BioShock Theme
File size: 3.70 MB

Bionic Commando: Rearmed Theme (x2)
File size: 7.09 MB - 7.19 MB

PS3 Wallpaper (free)

Bionic Commando: Rearmed Wallpaper (x2)
File size: 208 KB - 472 KB

anyone lucky enough to have gotten a beta invite to home today?

i thought id be in with a chance having been online for a few hours everyday since ... erm ... February and downloading a boat load of dlc but apparently not :(

anyone lucky enough to have gotten a beta invite to home today?

i thought id be in with a chance having been online for a few hours everyday since ... erm ... February and downloading a boat load of dlc but apparently not :(

SCEE haven't said anything yet...

http://ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=159413

And there is a thread on the EU.Playstation forums where people have dopwnloaded the beta and are talking about it and sharing info around.

-

There are also people who have posted saying they have their ps3 online 24 hours a day (when they sleep its on folding home) and have spent £150+ on DLC and had nothing and they're pissed off.

So if they're not good enough i have no chance in hell

-
--
-

-

-

Proof time
SDC10252.jpg

Dear xxxxxx

PlayStation®Home is a 3D, interactive, evolving service, exclusive to PLAYSTATION®3. It's free to download and easy to use. Home is the place to be if you want to deepen your gaming experience - the place where you can meet, chat, plan, and launch games together. Also, you can fully customise your avatar, decorate your own Home apartment, play mini-games, watch videos, take part in events, and much more - it's all part of the Home experience.

We've chosen to offer access to Home to a select number of PLAYSTATION®3 owners, and as a valued member of PLAYSTATION®Network, you have been selected to be amongst the first to try this exciting new service.

To take part, and play an important role in helping us evolve and grow the service over the coming months, please redeem your unique promotional code below using your PLAYSTATION®3 and join us in Home.

How to redeem your Promotional code and access Home

To redeem the code connect to PLAYSTATION®Network, select [Account Management], then select [Transaction Management], click on [Redeem PLAYSTATION Network Card or Promotion Code] and enter your unique code:

xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Home will download to [Games]. Install the software and the Home icon will appear in [Games]. Click this icon to enter Home!

Note: Promotional codes can only be used once and only the PSN Online ID we sent this email to will be able to connect to Home

Please remember that Home is currently in a restricted testing phase, which means that we'll be constantly adding new features and content, and testing the service, over the coming months. As part of your participation, we'll also occasionally ask you about your experiences, and gather feedback, so we can continually improve the service.

Also please understand that this is a closed and confidential beta and your participation is subject to our Terms of Use which will be presented to you the first time you connect to Home. Please keep all discussion of your experiences within Home confidential and limit them to our private Home Beta Forum.

The European PlayStation forums are here:
http://community.eu.playstation.com/

If you are an existing user of our forums you will find the forum in the Private section within the next few days. Please note this process is subject to network availability so delays may be experienced.
If you have not logged into our forums before you will need to do so using your PSN account and then visit one public forum. This will establish your PSN account on the forums. Please allow up to 72 hours from this point for us to give your account permission to visit the private forum. We will not write to you again; just visit the forums a few days later.

Welcome to PlayStation®Home.

Yours,

Dan Hill
Home Service Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe

Last edited:
That sucks, I should get rewarded for buying Trials of Toopq.

EDIT: I've got an email inviting me to the SOCOM beta but I have to fly to the US and pre order the game from GamsStop :LOL:

The blog said emails would be sent over the next few DAYS so you might still get one.

I'd be lying if i said i didn't want an invite - but to be fair once the end of august comes there are a bunch of games im after and id rather play those 24/7 than beta test HOME which from what ive been reading of is quite limited.

Rough points i picked up on

* Personal home space is limited and most of the features we've been seeing in videos are unavailable - you can do a few things like place images on the walls and walk around but other than that its just a block of useless space.

* Public areas are lifeless and most of the activities are locked/unavailable - when there are groups of people online everyone has fun talking and asking each other if they fancy a game of XXXXXXXX - but other than that there isn't really anything else worth hanging around for.

Another problem ive seen is that people who have been in the betas since the start are either really inactive on the beta or problems that are occurring are being recorded on the sony servers aren't then being submitted in a report to sony so they have no way of finding out what the tester did to cause the problem.

Which is why HOME has been delayed over and over.

-

They should have only opened the beta to actual testers and given them guidelines to follow like you must be active online at least X days a week and submit at least X reports to sony a month containing errors, thoughts positive and negative and reporting anything else of interest that might help the beta.

I think my gaming chair is giving me problems but I'm not sure where exactly the problem is coming from.

Basically it makes a "pop" sound occasionally, it's not at specific times and seems random. If my PS3 is turned on at the time, my display either turns off for a second, or goes snowy.

I'm assuming it's either a problem with the audio input on my chair, or the power supply is dodgy? I'm just confused how the chair "popping" is managing to interfere with my display on the monitor?

Any ideas?

!

My brother who bought his PS3 a few months after me and hardly ever plays online recieved his HOME Beta invite last night. He's been on BF Bad Company a lot the last 4 weeks but before that he's never played any games online AT ALL because it's an arse dragging the long ethernet cable down the stairs and plugging it in.

Seems like they're picking people at complete random

nope - he didn't even have a us account until a few weeks ago and that was just to download some E3 videos.

Just been told by a friend who bought his PS3 2 weeks ago that he had an email invite to home beta last night as well - he just phoned me asking how to get it to work as he has no idea as he's only just bought the console!

Last edited:
What was all that crap about people being selected based on the PSN activity.

Well my brothers bored of it already lol

He loaded it up - spent a while getting everything sorted and loaded - created himself, bought some clothes and items and his house, played pool and bowling and some arcade games and then got bored with it, turned it off and went back to BF Bad Company. He said he'll probably play on it again as bowling and pool were great but the rest isn't interesting to him yet.

Typical they pick dick heads like that to beta test
-

Really pissed me off that he is never online and has refused to plug his PS3 into the router when I've asked him for a game of fifa or warhawk or burnout coming up with stupid excuses like 'nooo im too tired to play' but then ill get a random phone call later from my dad and he'll be talking away and i'll hear him in the background playing.

And then he's only been online for the last few weeks and suddenly he's more qualified for the beta than me who has been online for months every day.

Very strange - i don't understand why SCEE would lie about this - why not just honest and say we'll be picking people at random?

We're they hoping that people would suddenly rush out and start buying DLC to get into home? On the euplaystation forums people have said they've spent £150+ and still not been picked.

Has anyone completed the first level in Bionic Commando?

I've got to the cave and hacked the 'thing' in there but I'm not sure what to do after that.

Area 01

You go up to the top of the first building and do the hack and speak to HQ to unlock some doors - then go out and go right and grapple up to the top of the second building and go in that door...

In the caves

Take the elevator to the bottom - run left - grapple up to the ceiling to shoot those lazer things. - when you get to the gaps (or if you're on easy the 2 large white cubes part) go to the far left one and grapple up and up and up - move right a bit when you get to the large black objects you cant get past - then just grapple to the top and then left and in the door.

Boss Battle time

Back
Top Bottom