Sony PlayStation 3

I don't know what I'd do without Sky+.

Does anyone know if the PS3 will up scale recordings?

I couldn't live without V+ now - i keep wanting rewind other things now as well as im so used to going back for a second look at things in tv.

I always get random urges to rewind the radio if i miss something or if something happens outside ill get a sort of feeling of 'ill rewind that and have another look' but then my brain kicks in a split second later to wake me up.

I couldn't live without V+ now - i keep wanting rewind other things now as well as im so used to going back for a second look at things in tv.

I always get random urges to rewind the radio if i miss something or if something happens outside ill get a sort of feeling of 'ill rewind that and have another look' but then my brain kicks in a split second later to wake me up.

That happens alot when i´m watching football games in the stadium, always waiting for the replay :D

I just ditched Sky and got BT Vision - it is excellent - got free Setanta too, so not going to miss too much footie (plus BT Vision has 240-odd games on 'as live' when the whistle goes).

Anyway, I'll have PlayTV in my room and use it for recording stuff I want to keep by exporting it to PC.

Sounds too good to be true at the moment for £70...

Anyone know how much I'm likely to get for

- Assassin's Creed
- Tony Hawk's Project 8
- UT3
- Burnout Paradise
- R6: Vegas

?

Oh and, if we get the Play TV thing, how would we go about getting Setanta for it?

Last edited:
Well it's a Freeview box isn't it?

So you'll be able to get the Freeview channels surely, which would include Setanta...but you've gotta pay for Setanta...

Everyone wants Sky Plus............

I'd rather have something reliable instead, our SkyHD box freezes all the time, and fails to record pretty much anything you try.

Anyone know how much I'm likely to get for

- Assassin's Creed
- Tony Hawk's Project 8
- UT3
- Burnout Paradise
- R6: Vegas

?

Probably lucky to get 34 quid I reckon.

Well it's a Freeview box isn't it?

So you'll be able to get the Freeview channels surely, which would include Setanta...but you've gotta pay for Setanta...

I'd rather have something reliable instead, our SkyHD box freezes all the time, and fails to record pretty much anything you try.

Just cause your box is funked doesnt mean others dont work well, it is a great way of watching and storing tv programmes. V+ and BT vision are similar things, just the way Freeview is ropey in some areas would mean it could get interupted while your trying to record something on your PS3.

Mine also! i thoght it was just me but my sky + box is fucking useless. this morning, bbc1 diddnt even work! had to watch the news+ olympics online:LOL:

You don't want to get into bed with Setanta.

You don't want to get into bed with Setanta.
Yup i have heard bad stuff about setanta. if you wanna cancel then prepare for a battle:LOL:

live streaming is the future guys. i watch more live streams then actual tv now. you can watch anything on live streams now. arsenal play tonight and guess where im gunna be watching that :)

Yup i have heard bad stuff about setanta. if you wanna cancel then prepare for a battle:LOL:

live streaming is the future guys. i watch more live streams then actual tv now. you can watch anything on live streams now. arsenal play tonight and guess where im gunna be watching that :)

You're right there. It's a right pain in the ass. I phoned a month before so I gave them notice I wanted to cancel. They then said I had to phone the next day as it wasn't showing up as eligible to cancel yet. I did that and after the bloke starting to go on and on I just told him to button it and cancel. Nothing was going to change my mind. They then tell me I've got to pay another months subscription as I should have cancelled the day before. I went potty with them. Needless to say but they didn't get another penny from me and I will never subscribe to them ever again.
Wankers!

But live streams are bad quality no?
not too bad. it will only get better mate. in less then 5 years time i bet the quality will be at 720p res at least. 10-20mb internet connection is the norm, imagine in 5 years time what the speed will be? the chinese already have 100MB internet connection

PlayTV saved files no longer transferable

Sony has told Eurogamer that PlayTV will not allow saved video files be transferred to PSP, PC, or memory sticks.

Instead, the PS3 telly-recorder will only be able to stream live or recorded content to your PSP using remote play functionality.

Sony Cambridge, the studio making the software for PlayTV, had told us there was no copy protection or time restrictions on the standard format recordings, which could be moved freely onto all manner of storage devices.

No reason for the change of heart was given.

We were also told that PlayTV will not record HD signals at launch, and that Sony is working on making this feature possible in the future.

I bet they got pressured by the BBC and co.

Rough outline of tomorrows PSN Store update
(May differ between EU and USA stores.)

Rock Band DLC - Assorted Singles
1942: Joint Strike [Demo]
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Civilization Revolution DLC - "The Mythic" Wonders and Artifact Pack | Rumor

PSone Classics (PS3/PSP)

* Street Fighter Alpha

Meh, Seems like nothing there for me :(( FIFA 09 is probably the only demo im looking forward to at the moment, whens Prototype and Infamous hitting store's.

Fifa - "There is a Demo coming to both consoles in early September, the 11th to be precise but it could slip a week or two."

The other two - i have no idea about demos of those games

Live streaming sites are usually incredibly dodgy.

Unless you've found one thats decent?

I wish I could take the piss out of you, but a couple of years ago I was in the cinema and actually flinched (as if to get the "remote") when I missed something in the film.

Rough outline of tomorrows PSN Store update
(May differ between EU and USA stores.)

Rock Band DLC - Assorted Singles
1942: Joint Strike [Demo]
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Civilization Revolution DLC - "The Mythic" Wonders and Artifact Pack | Rumor

PSone Classics (PS3/PSP)

* Street Fighter Alpha

Bionic Commando looks decent - I liked the original (old enough to have brought it!) and the remake is getting favourable reviews.

New PS3 game?

If you’re a European detective, you might have discovered that the German software ratings board (USK) is listing every game to appear at the upcoming Leipzig Games Convention. At least, most of them. This can result in some lovely new game titles, possibly spoiling certain publisher’s announcements.

savagemoon-sharpcopy.jpg

The Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle (USK) software ratings board have a listing on their website for a Sony game titled Savage Moon, which is described to be a Military Strategy game and is rated 12. Naturally, since Sony is the publisher, it’s exclusive to the PlayStation 3.

That's 2 announcements down and 10 to go.

I went to this website, I signed in and got this message

Sorry you are not approved to participate in the Online Beta (yet)!

Thank you for your interest in the online beta for Resistance 2, but this phase is only open to invited participants. Don’t despair. We will soon accept applications for players to participate in the Open Beta for Resistance 2 that will start later this year. Just check back here over the next couple months for information about and ultimately the chance to apply for the Open Beta.

Thanks for your interest,

Resistance 2 Beta Team

Maybe they'll go live next Wednesday...

Up as in a demo/video or up as in you can buy it?

EDIT: Demo. Downloading.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom