Sony PlayStation 3

Every new console that has come out has been better than its previous one

and now Sony is behind in terms of bringing consoles out people are gonna be wanting a new and alot more powerful console in a year or 2's time and they only have 1 option

they wouldn't have a problem if they released them at the same time as MS but they are way behind now

What a dog shit update we have just had today on the PSN Store. I hate it when they don't even give us what the US store had last week but FFS we still don't have half of the US E3 vids and no DLC for soul Calibur 4 ... SCEE are useless bastards

agent clank psp demo, 3 guitar hero tracks some highlights of E3 vids and a dead space video. i don't mind content coming when it's ready but the 360 had SC4 DLC on release and it seems the rumours are true that PS3 gets the same stuff Oct 26th

Last edited:
My Created Souls for Soul Calibur 4

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r320/KRad_bucket/SC4/?albumview=slideshow

I think i've got all of them here... (Not in the correct order)

Triple H
Hulk hogan
Ultimate Warrior
Shao Kahn (Mortal Kombat)
Shang Tsung (MK2 and Armageddon versions)
Raiden
Sub Zero
Scorpion
Liu Kang
Dr Doom
Xena
Hulk
He Man
Skeletor
Kratos (God Of War)
Darth Maul
Cloud (FF7)
Raiden (MGS4)
Old Snake (MGS4)
Street Fighter 2
Ryu
Ken
Vega
Sagat
M Bison
Altair (Assassins Creed)
Spawn

Last edited:
You know it's sweet that you can play all these without requiring three consoles...

SNV81795.jpg

The Socom Confrontation open beta starts on September 1st and last for a whole month, obviously this applies to USA only right now.

^ Nice might give it a try :))

PS3 Home beta application

Today we’re announcing the expansion of our closed beta test for PlayStation Home to begin at the end of the month.

Later today, the PLAYSTATION Store will be updated with a PlayStation Home theme. By downloading the theme, users are submitting an application to join the PlayStation Home Beta test community. We will be using a variety of criteria including activity on the PLAYSTATION Network to determine eligibility for the Beta community. Existing beta testers have automatically qualified to be part of the expanded beta.

We’re really excited about this milestone and want our most loyal fans to be a part of the evolution of PlayStation Home.

In Europe, SCEE is also beginning their expanded closed beta, directly targeting consumers who have been most active on PLAYSTATION Network and PLAYSTATION Store. SCEE will be in email contact with their PSN audience very shortly.

Let us know what you think.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...ion-home-closed-beta-test-heres-how-to-apply/

Hmmm... i do have a shit load of content from the store but how do they know how long i spend online? I wouldn't have really thought they'd be tracking my time spent signed in?

Crap, I'm away from my PS3 until Sunday night. :brick:

I'm not going to risk the US account, dont want them banning me for using a fake address in the US (a nightclub I chose) when they look into the account holders and where they claim to live :LOL:

I'm not gonna bother, gonna wait till the open beta methinks.

Oh yeah, Argos have the Freeview recorder in the catalogue at £70. As far as Freeview boxes are concerned, it's nicely designed as well.

Any idea when it's going on sale?

Last edited:
I'm not gonna bother, gonna wait till the open beta methinks.

Oh yeah, Argos have the Freeview recorder in the catalogue at £70. As far as Freeview boxes are concerned, it's nicely designed as well.

Any idea when it's going on sale?

End of September I think - definately getting it!

Game have started taking pre-orders for the 80GB model, released on the 29th of August, and it's coming with the Dual Shock 3!

EnlargedImage.aspx

Its a stupid deal though, completely lacking in backwards compatability, again with 2 USB ports and so on.

Us lot with the 60gb versions are being made to look like geniuses by Sony.

Four pads!!!

Our little one had thrown, dropped, chewed and drooled all over my pads... and I've dropped them a good few times and accidentally left them on the chair arms and then elbowed them off onto the floor and they still work fine. I've started to wonder if they'll ever break on me so I can go out and buy a DS3.

Not that im trying to break them, but if they did break id feel much better paying for a DS3 as i need a new pad than buying one and then having the Sixaxis in working condition sitting gathering dust.

Four pads!!!

Our little one had thrown, dropped, chewed and drooled all over my pads... and I've dropped them a good few times and accidentally left them on the chair arms and then elbowed them off onto the floor and they still work fine. I've started to wonder if they'll ever break on me so I can go out and buy a DS3.

Not that im trying to break them, but if they did break id feel much better paying for a DS3 as i need a new pad than buying one and then having the Sixaxis in working condition sitting gathering dust.

What the fuck do you do with em?

My mate literally wore two left hand sticks away playing Fifa 08, I put some metal round the stem when the groove in them was so big they would stick, He then wore the plastic away around the hole the stick sits in until it virtually came out, He is a D pad only convert and very heavy on the sticks...
One I must admit to breaking in a fit of peak at a blatant 94th minute hack by the AI on 08, in the last game of the season while clean through on goal needing to score to win the title... Needles to say no foul,card or penalty was given :MAD:
and the fourth was a right trigger that stopped working, though I have yet to open it up to find the problem! The DS3's are supposed to be a better build...

Sony has told Eurogamer that PlayTV will be released on 19th September and cost GBP 69.99.

David Reeves had prepared us for a 10th September launch and a European price of EUR 99 (GBP 78). Which means Sony must, like Tesco, know we're feeling the pinch at the moment.

PlayTV is digital video recorder for PS3 that can record TV while you play games or watch other programs. There is no copy protection on content, which is saved in a standard format and can be transferred freely to your PC or PSP - which can also control the box remotely.

The PS3's power is put to good use, and PlayTV is future-proofed to handle HD signals when they saturate the market at some point in the future.

Head over to our preview of PlayTV to find out more, and beware that our main concern in that piece - that Sony couldn't confirm recording at the same time as playing games - has now been clarified: you can.

Sony has told Eurogamer that PlayTV will be released on 19th September and cost GBP 69.99.

David Reeves had prepared us for a 10th September launch and a European price of EUR 99 (GBP 78). Which means Sony must, like Tesco, know we're feeling the pinch at the moment.

PlayTV is digital video recorder for PS3 that can record TV while you play games or watch other programs. There is no copy protection on content, which is saved in a standard format and can be transferred freely to your PC or PSP - which can also control the box remotely.

The PS3's power is put to good use, and PlayTV is future-proofed to handle HD signals when they saturate the market at some point in the future.

Head over to our preview of PlayTV to find out more, and beware that our main concern in that piece - that Sony couldn't confirm recording at the same time as playing games - has now been clarified: you can.
great just need something on TV worth recording...

Is there any point of this if you have Sky +?

Not really. I dont want to pay stupid prices for Sky just so I can record TV which I can watch for free anyway ;))

Back
Top Bottom