Sony PlayStation 3

Sony Europe boss David Reeves has suggested you could always download PS3 films from Bittorrent while waiting for the PSN video service to launch here - assuming you're not bothered about quality.

"We are a PAL market and we are going to do it in PAL and we are going to do it properly," Reeves told ButtonMasher.

"You can wait for it and you can have it in good quality. You know, you can get the stuff from BitTorrent if you want to and download PSP games, it's up to you."

David Reeves told us earlier this month that the PS3 video service would only be available in the US until the end of 2008 - other regions will be looked at in "due course".

:shock:

What a crazy comment to make, especially coming from someone so high up!

Tobi, is Eden any good?

I might buy it from the US store as I can buy Pain for $5 then as well. Dunno if I can be bothered loading money onto Entropay though. Noticed that my card is being charged £1.25 or something everytime I use Entropay as well :ROLL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Its very good, I don't know how to explain it though, your better off playing the demo.

David Reeves wants to get fired!!!

JAPAN ONLY

Sony Computer Entertainment began accepting applications on Thursday for a closed beta test of its PlayStation Home virtual environment.

PlayStation Home is a virtual world where users are represented by avatars and can meet and interact with other users via text chat, voice chat and other unspecified communications methods, according to Sony. In demonstrations given by the company it looks something like a combination of the online Second Life virtual community populated by personal avatars along the same lines as Nintendo's Mii avatars, albeit with an appearance closer to that of a person and less like a cartoon.

It was first announced in July last year and at the time Sony said it would be available globally in the "fall" of 2007 but that was delayed until "spring" 2008 at the Tokyo Game Show last year. Then, earlier this year Sony said it would be delayed again until a beta test in the second half of this year, which is a promise it has made good on.

Applications are initially being accepted from Thursday until Aug. 11 from users in Japan only. Sony expects to offer access to about 10,000 gamers during the beta, which will begin in late August.

During the beta stage users will be able to play the games that make up Bandai Namco's "Namco Museum" package, which include PacMan, in the service's "Game Space."

Similar closed beta tests are due in other markets at about the same time and an open beta test will commence later this year, said Sony.

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=206224

PixelJunk Eden has trophies too. Can you give me some tips so I can get my first gold trophy?

Well, we got bronze and silver. We don’t have gold. We have 315 points possible in PixelJunk Eden. This is a list of them right here. Collecting the seeds, opening garden 1, garden 2. Doing a ten time combo, stuff like that. You’re going to have to get in there and explore on your own once you get it.

You just said 315 points, I didn’t think trophies had a numeric value.

They do. I believe bronze is 15, silver is 30, and gold is 90.

So far I’ve just seen the card which lists how many trophies you have.

On the breakdowns you see on the player cards you just see numbers of trophies, but each title has a specific set value of trophies.

I never knew that. What does the value do?

Well, there is a different value for Blu-ray titles. They have 1,000 plus or minus 5% and they can also have a platinum [trophy]. So, if you get all of the trophies you get a platinum. Super Stardust HD had a patch that added trophies, which did 300 points plus or minus 5%, and then expansions can, I believe, do an additional 200. So, I think Super Stardust HD has around 500 since they added trophies not just for the original game, but the expansions as well.

i downloaded the demo on the PSN and it didnt grab me at all - it looks promising and i had expected it to look amazing on the hdtv - but its just ... crap.

I use Entropay - they charge you a small amount each time you fund the online card though.

It's a bit of a fuss to set it all up - but there is a guide that i followed from the rockband forums.

Q: Will I be able to get downloadable content?

A: Yes, but... the system needs to think you're from the US/Canada. This means setting up your XBL/PSN account as a North American resident and getting a North American credit card with billing address to match. The easiest way that we've figured out of doing this is http://www.entropay.com . It's a virtual credit card of sorts where you pay to add credit to it and then you can use it online like any other credit card. You register with your real address and then you give XBL/PSN your fake US address for billing, entropay will not give you one (though they will give you all the other card details you might need). Apparently they sometimes do random ID checks which may cause problems but you'll just have to think happy thoughts.

flow is the worst game i have ever played. mind numbingly dull and moronic.

rez however, is fantastic...

I followed this guide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-11W8DOLK78

Not sure about itunes files but it finds anything in the folders you specify and shares them over and then you can copy them onto the harddrive. You casn also put a youtube video link, google and others into it and it will copy that video over to the ps3 and allow you to copy it to the Hdd

Thanks for that.

Nick, you still need to go into your message list and accept my friend request.

Nick, you still need to go into your message list and accept my friend request.
It wont let me :(( I'm really jacked off I can't find a way to do it... I can go in to start a custom game and then tick to invite you but I can't find any way to accept you or anyone as a friend... Will be back on next mon/tue and will have another go... :ROLL:

Oooops I thought I was in the BF thread... Will do Dags...

Last edited:
I got your friend request Nick but when i accepted it i got an error - then i sent one to you... and then at the bottom of my friends list i noticed it said i had received a request... so i clicked to accept it and it worked.

Not sure why it didn't work through the message itself but whatever - you're added

Back
Top Bottom