Sony PlayStation 3

Anyone know how to share media across from WM11 to PS3? I've read its possible and have followed the steps but nothing happens... anyone tried this or know what your supposed to do to get the files across?

-

Never mind - i managed to get my mp3s to share across... videos and piccys dont show up though

How do you do it?

And would it work with a Mac and iTunes?

I followed this guide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-11W8DOLK78

Not sure about itunes files but it finds anything in the folders you specify and shares them over and then you can copy them onto the harddrive. You casn also put a youtube video link, google and others into it and it will copy that video over to the ps3 and allow you to copy it to the Hdd

I've got Vista but it asks you to turn off (UAC) would any of you that use Vista give any light if this will affect my PC etc or is just hardly much.

Trophy Update

PJE has them this coming thursday.
Uncharted gets them August 22nd.
Burnout Paradise gets them 'sometime' in August.

Trophy Update

PJE has them this coming thursday.
Uncharted gets them August 22nd.
Burnout Paradise gets them 'sometime' in August.

I'm definately rebuying Uncharted - should get a good 2nd hand deal now its out on budget release.

Surprised Assasins Creed is a budget release too...

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune developer Naughty Dog tells us that a patch to add PlayStation Trophy support to the game will be available by mid-August. Company co-president Evan Wells says that the update has already been submitted for quality assurance testing and could hit sooner.

According to Wells, the patch was "incredibly easy" to implement because the game already contains preliminary support for Trophies via its Medals reward system. He further revealed that these hooks were actually included because Naughty Dog thought Sony would roll out Trophies before Uncharted's November 2007 launch.

As with other PS3 titles getting retroactive Trophy support, Uncharted will require those who've already completed the game to play through again in order to unlock Trophies, even if they had previously earned every Medal. Wells says this is primarily to prevent people from simply using someone else's save data to artificially bolster their Trophy collection. Shame on you for even thinking about it.

That's utter shite. I have fully completed Uncharted, but I'm not that enthusiastic about going through it all again. Also, some games such as Resistance took the piss to fully complete, I'm not doing that all again just for a few trophies, even if they do go to the trouble of adding trophy support.

Think I'm going to write off trophies for my current collection and only bother with new titles.

----------------------

Can anyone point me in the direction of a new hard drive for my PS3? The 40GB one isn't looking too great after the 9.8GB install of Siren. I know I posted a while back about a hard drive but wondered which drive is rated the best by the folk of evoweb.

Just have a look at eBuyer and choose a 250GB drive or so, any drive from there will do fine. I'd recommend a 5400rpm drive though.

VERY easy to replace. Only trouble you might have is getting the right screwdriver. I nearly stripped the screw because the screwdriver I had wasn't right. Once the screw is out, it's really just a case of taking it out of the caddy and swapping the new one in.

Is Resistance worth the budget release price? (they hardly have second hand games over here)

Im getting Uncharted as Ive wanted to play the full game since I got the ps3, but Rfom never really got much attention from me. Not bothered about motorstorm, rachet (maybe for the girlfriend) or heavenly sword.

It's not bad - i had a lot of fun with it - but not sure how well it's aged since it came out. You'd be best off picking it up second hand rather than platinum price as nearly everyone who bought a PS3 got it with the system and so there should be a shit load of 2nd hand copies for sale for dirt cheap... a friend of mine bought motorstorm for £4.95 yesterday second hand so id guess RFOM to be around the same

VERY easy to replace. Only trouble you might have is getting the right screwdriver. I nearly stripped the screw because the screwdriver I had wasn't right. Once the screw is out, it's really just a case of taking it out of the caddy and swapping the new one in.

So is it worth getting the 40gb ps3 and just swapping the HD with a bigger one then? Or am i missing features etc other than the HD?

Bah.. Sad thing is stores here only have the 40gb version. Guess got no choice but to wait. Thanks Jay.

40 gig doesn't have backwards compatibility either which isn't a big deal to most people but it's there

Has anyone even used the card slots on their 60GB? And the USB thing isn't an issue really, just buy a hub.

Apparantly backwards compatability will be in a firmware patch sometime this year.

I wish I'd got the 60gb with the backwards compatibility, I didn't think I would be bothered but there's a few PSone games I've bought - I play Crash Team Racing quite a lot.

I really hope they do bring out a firmware with backwards compatibility in but I haven't heard of that rumour before, I would think the guys who've spent extra on the 60gb would be pissed off (even if they did get the memory card slots etc).

It seems really stupid to have a part of E3 devoted to how awesome the PS2 still is and then block people from upgrading to the PS3 and keeping those games on that machine.

It's the graphics processor though, so a new firmware wouldn't do anything, unless they found a way round it.

Perhaps they could release PS2 titles to download like we can download PS1 titles for the PSP. Mind you they'd be cashing in on us twice.

I have used the Memory Duo slot, great for adding pics to your PS3, also DL PSP demos straight onto the card, happy days!

Back
Top Bottom