Sony PlayStation 3

Why was the Sony PR guy showing of custom music in game if he new that wasn't the case, total BS but still the ingame messaging is the main reason for this update being waited on, finally we can actually set up online games with your friends list rather than them just being there to look like you have friends :LOL:

Not yet but there's a list of games that will have patches brought out very soon to support trophies.

Bit pointless until you need to message someone in-game.

Trophies will be nice but it depends if developers want to create patches for their older games.

Warhawk Trophy Info:

First things first, the trophies: Warhawk will have a total of 56 trophies that will become available the moment that Patch v1.5 becomes live. Yes, that's patch v1.5, and not v.1.4, which, according to him, is "very, very, very close" to its release despite not being officially announced until now.

Here's the lowdown on those 56 trophies, courtesy of Jobe:

* There are 10 trophies based on the Warhawk's current stats/rank/awards system. Like getting all your Bronze badges, attaining a specific rank, or earning a number of medals.
* There are 34 trophies that are entirely *new* rewards based on Warhawks core game and not based on our current stats, ranks or other awards.
* There are then 4 trophies per booster pack that are, of course, completely new awards.

Do take note of those ten trophies - since they're tied to the game's online ranking system, those trophies will be retroactive and will be applied to the accounts of gamers who have achieved the requirements.

This certainly is good news to those who were let down by some of the facts laid out in the PS3 v2.40 FAQ sheet, even if they don't play Warhawk - this Jobe's good news much means that there will be some trophies that are exceptions to the non-retroactive rule.

In any case, you can expect patch v1.4 to be released very soon; and once it hits, you can start (the possibly) short wait for v1.5. These two patches were actually developed together; does this mean the wait time between v1.4 and v1.5 will be fairly short? We sure do hope so. We wants 'em trophies.

Sony also need to add an option to prevent notification messages showing when watching a video as well.

Yeah, and I know I'm being lazy, but it should be done automatically. It's a minor annoyance to keep having to go into my settings everytime I want to watch a video, and then afterwards to turn notifications on.

XBL has it already, it can't be hard to implement yet it'll be a useful feature.

I'm patching Super Stardust now, also I'm gonna add some more people here now that we can go above 50.

For Radiation:

Confirmed so far:

- Super Stardust HD™*
- BUZZ!™ Quiz TV
- LittleBigPlanet™
- MotorStorm™ Pacific Rift
- NBA 09
- PAIN*
- PixelJunk™ Eden
- Resistance 2™
- SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation
- Warhawk™*
- Burnout™ Paradise*
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune™*

*will require a patch

Shame you can't get achievements for games you've already played, would have been nice to get something for finishing Uncharted... I'm glad they've put the feature in but the only one of those trophy-included games I will ever play is Buzz, and possibly LittleBigPlanet. I hope they add more to that list.

Games like Warhawk and Burnout Paradise have been confirmed to have retrospective trophies. So if you've already done an "achievement" ( ;)) ), then you'll still get the trophy for it.

But won't you need the patch for the game to get those trophies? And how else do you get the patch without putting the disc in? And if you've already completed and sold the game then... :(

Yep, you need to still have the game and put the disc in.

You could always rent it or ask someone to give you the game for a minute or so?

I wouldn't rent a game purely to get the trophies for it, £7 a time purely to up a number that I really shouldn't care about... And everyone I know has completed the games and got rid of them, that's what you do, no point in keeping them. I bet Sony make a few quid from the desperate teenagers though, buying games back and never playing them again.

Does anyone have a list of games that support in-game music?

Bit gutted you can't use it on all games, was really looking forward to that.

Apparantly Super Stardust does too, although a few people tried playing songs and it said they couldn't be played.

Think its only Pixeljunk Eden at the mo...

Stick your iPod on!

Haha, I think it's the best option at the mo. I spent ages yesterday copying stuff over though, hopefully it'll be sorted on a future update.

Apparantly Super Stardust does too, although a few people tried playing songs and it said they couldn't be played.

Thanks, don't have it though. :((

Eden is the new game isn't it, sequel to Pixeljunk Monsters? Don't think it's out yet.

Back
Top Bottom