Sony PlayStation 3

Something really weird happened this morning.

At 12:55am I pressed "PlayStation Store". It came up with the error message because the store is temporarily down, which I'd forgotten about, so I switched the PS3 off and went to bed. This morning I've got an email saying I've topped my wallet up with £5...

Now I did a few days ago but I got the email through immediately, I had MSN on and when I topped the account up I got a new message notification with the details of it.

Now £5 hasn't actually gone into my PS3 wallet - there's £3-odd in there. But it's still quite dodgy. Going to take my payment details out for a while I think.

Just check your bank details online (if you have that) and see if 2 psn payments have gone out (or phone the bank)

If not it might just be a glitch where the same mails gone out twice due to the servers being down

They haven't took any money, checked the bank account first thing, but it's still worrying me.

On top of this I've just bought the full version of Lemmings and it won't work, it says "Trial Version" and tells me to upgrade. Tried deleting everything and downloading again, still won't have it. The PS3 is in a mood with me today. :eh:

Do we have a Soul Caliber 4 thread? I can't seem to find one...

Anyway - to avoid starting a new thread for just this rumour...

Kratos to appear as PS3 exclusive SCIV character

According to the rumor mill in the August issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly, Kratos is to appear as a PS3 exclusive character in Soul Calibur IV.

The magazine states that Kratos will be the next PS3 character revealed, so if the rumor is in fact true, we should be seeing something soon. Also, this will be the first look at Kratos on next gen hardware, and possibly a first glimpse at what to expect from God of War III. Obviously if Kratos appears in SCIV, Namco has cut some deal with Sony, and could be sharing actual assets or character concepts from the upcoming PS3 exclusive.

Something really weird happened this morning.

At 12:55am I pressed "PlayStation Store". It came up with the error message because the store is temporarily down, which I'd forgotten about, so I switched the PS3 off and went to bed. This morning I've got an email saying I've topped my wallet up with £5...

Now I did a few days ago but I got the email through immediately, I had MSN on and when I topped the account up I got a new message notification with the details of it.

Now £5 hasn't actually gone into my PS3 wallet - there's £3-odd in there. But it's still quite dodgy. Going to take my payment details out for a while I think.

Well I've just had an email through saying my wallet balance was £24.99 :-ll I've only ever bought the COD4 maps pack for £6.99 what's with that!

EDIT: Checked my wallet and it says balance £0.00

Last edited:
CVG has managed to get its grubby hands on the final list of features for the hotly anticipated Firmware 2.4 update, which was yesterday rumoured to be due early next week. But that's not the case we've been told...

Update: Since our original story went live, we've received further information regarding the inclusion of trophies in the 2.4 update. As expected full 2D trophy support will be in the XMB update and there will be four types: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum.

Platinum is only awarded when you have collected all other trophies in a game. Also there are no gamer points, it's all done via a levelling up system. Think Call of Duty 4 levelling up system, we reckon. Update Out

Speaking under strict conditions of anonymity, a source has told CVG that Firmware 2.4 is expected to launch in around three weeks' time. A quick look at the diary reveals that E3 is just under three weeks away. It doesn't take a genius to see that Sony's pre-E3 conference would be the perfect time to launch the Sony XMB assault.

Announcing something and making it available at the same time is the way forward, as Microsoft proved by revealing Doom isn't just coming to Xbox Live Arcade, it's on Xbox Live Arcade a few E3s ago. Apple is known for this approach too.

We've also scooped the following list of XMB features that you'll be able to access in-game. Here goes:

* Friend category
* View, send, receive messages
* Manage downloads
* Set the vibration feature of the controller
* Sign in to PlayStation Network
* Register friends
* Manage Bluetooth devices
* Terminate the game
* Music category
* Use the system BGM
* Work the system BGM operation panel
* Settings category
* Assign controllers
* View profiles
* Game category
* Set audio devices
* Use the voice changer

As previously reported the update will also allow you to play back your own tunes in-game from the XMB Music column. It's unclear whether this feature will be compatible with all games or just new titles created with more recent development tools.

The system BGM will offer functions such as Play, Stop, Previous track, Next track, Change repeat mode, Change shuffle mode, Change volume (five levels). When you stop the playback of your tunes, playback of the game music will then begin.

Advertisement:
Sony has yet to confirm or deny any of this and won't comment on rumour and speculation. If you ask us though, this is bang on the money. Not long to wait and see...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=191641

I've just got a USB keyboard but I can't see a way of inputting the smiley faces without using the pad, is it possible?

Just noticed that Sony have increased the PSN Friends List to 100 now :D Just in case anyone was interested ;)

The video demonstration of Firmware 2.40 featuring In Game XMB has been released by Sony.

It can viewed at this link.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/06/29/firmware-v240-walkthrough-part-1-the-xmb/

9iwrhz.gif

Last edited:
Firmware (v.2.40) Walkthrough Part 1: the XMB

Hi everyone! We know you’re all patiently waiting for the next PS3 firmware update, v2.40, which includes XMB access in-game and Trophy support. The good news is that it’s coming soon, and you can now see how accessing the XMB from in-game will work in this video demo.

Shortly, we’ll be posting another video here on the PlayStation.Blog that shows the Trophy feature in action for the first time. At that time we’ll provide even more details on how firmware v2.40 will enhance your PLAYSTATION 3 experience.

Video :
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/06/29/firmware-v240-walkthrough-part-1-the-xmb/

DS3's are out over here on the 4th July, for £39.99!! :SHOCK:

Sod that, I'm gonna look on eBay and AVForums instead.

Edit: Can't seem to find them, anyone know any shops selling them?

Fucking UK are thieving bastards - absolutely disgusting.

People coming here from Europe on holiday must think we are having a laff. It always used to be like "oh Switzerland is really expensive", but I bet we must be the biggest piss-taking country for pricing items now in the world.

Back
Top Bottom