Sony PlayStation 3

Sony really need to release an official 5.1 wireless Headset with built in Microphone that actually works.

I can't find anything in the market with those features, but lots are available for xbox 360.

Apparently, for the existing 5.1 headphones on the market, the mic does not work for online play.

Any help?

You havent seen his annoying posts recently SXFuzz so you can buzz off!!
that's not the point. nowhere in the last 2-3 pages of this very on thread have i mentioned any RROD or even 360! like i said before, all i did was say E3 last year wasn't a big event and you go off on a limb to attack me unnecessary and then you go off on a mod that see's scene. Then you go on about my spelling yet you yourself cant spell either! you just made yourself look silly mate. stop moaning and relax before you make yourself look even more stupid :LOL:

that's not the point. nowhere in the last 2-3 pages of this very on thread have i mentioned any RROD or even 360! like i said before, all i did was say E3 last year wasn't a big event and you go off on a limb to attack me unnecessary and then you go off on a mod that see's scene. Then you go on about my spelling yet you yourself cant spell either! you just made yourself look silly mate. stop moaning and relax before you make yourself look even more stupid :LOL:
Meh it pisses me off when someone always has to have the last word... your post is unneccesary, just another chance to stick the boot in.

Anyways moving on! 2.40 they dont know exactly when its coming out.....

Meh it pisses me off when someone always has to have the last word... your post is unneccesary, just another chance to stick the boot in.

Anyways moving on! 2.40 they dont know exactly when its coming out.....

Glad you said it mate, if you hadn't then it would've gone on forever :FISH:

E3 seems to be the likely release I think. Hopefully developers will have patches out for their games to incorporate trophies by then too.

I wonder if developers will release patches for older games though? If so, how will the trophy system recognise if you've killed X amount of people by headshot in your saved game?

You see that concerns me, it wont be trophies for all your games... (otherwise id have to complete Motorstorm again!!) I think it will be for future games.

Sure they said it would support games new and old - via patches.

May mean having to play through them again.

Really interested in this as I liked the odd achievement hunt on the 360 every now and again. Hope the PS3 Tropies have the on-screen notification like the 360 did when you unlock one.

Sure they said it would support games new and old - via patches.

May mean having to play through them again.

Really interested in this as I liked the odd achievement hunt on the 360 every now and again. Hope the PS3 Tropies have the on-screen notification like the 360 did when you unlock one.
One thing I love about the 360 is the achievments. They add an extra element alongside completing the game. Not showing how good people are as some people think.

Update 19/06/08 euro store

Demo's

Civilization revolution demo
Dark Sector Demo

Packs

Warhark pack
coldplay GH Pack
Everybody's golf Game pack
High Stakes Pack

Trailers (Game)

GT academy video
Bad company video
Old man Video
Preview Video

Themes

High volocity Theme 3 types
Pain theme

--

No sign of the MGS4 download - maybe its downloadable through the game?

--
EDIT
--

MSG Database Available in English in JPStore

Yup that's right, no need to wait till US store updates and no need to wait 4 months till EU store gets it! :D

Last edited:
Sony as a whole company don't make normal, simple ads.

http://xmbonline.net/?p=58
“Eric’s working hard to get everything set for the launch of Firmware 2.40″ - This means that 2.40 is completed because he says that Eric is getting everything set for the launch of 2.40, which means the firmware itself is done and complete, they just need to get everything ready (Checklist, video walkthrough, uploading to the PSN, setting servers for new firmware, etc.,). Especially for an update this important they want to make this update error-free."

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/06/23/psn-offline-on-june-24th-for-scheduled-maintenance/
"The PLAYSTATION Network will be down tomorrow, June 24th, from the hours of 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM Pacific Standard Time. You won't be able to access the Store and/or play online games on the PSN."

:SS

Firmware 2.4 Insider Information!

A member of GAMEFAQ's appears to be a employee for Sony Computer Entertainment working in the "Foster City" Branch. He goes and states various insider information about the upcoming firmware 2.4, Please read some of his replies and judge for yourself.

http://n4g.com/ps3/News-160829.aspx

--

A member of GAMEFAQ's appears to be a employee for Sony Computer Entertainment working in the "Foster City" Branch. He goes and states various insider information about the upcoming firmware 2.4, Please read some of his replies and judge for yourself.

--

Some interesting stuff there.

2.4 due 1st-3rd July.
Ingame messaging and music works - nothing else of worth.

That'll do!

--
useless because we need to register and login. cant you just post what the guy said?

useless because we need to register and login. cant you just post what the guy said?

You have such a nice way about you! No wonder you rub everyone up the wrong way.

It has been locked now though and does require registering (didnt when I looked) - basically some quotes from a Sony employee on GameFaqs, saying:-

* They had an internal memo saying 2.4 was due June 12/18th, then got moved to new date of July 1st/3rd, which is when barring a disaster, he expects it now.

* Ingame XMB is limited to messaging and music (and bluetooth devices), nothing else.

About it... thanks K-Rad!

Screenies today? Of trophies?

All of the vids I've seen clearly show trophies, I can't see them not being in 2.4.

You have such a nice way about you! No wonder you rub everyone up the wrong way.

It has been locked now though and does require registering (didnt when I looked) - basically some quotes from a Sony employee on GameFaqs, saying:-

* They had an internal memo saying 2.4 was due June 12/18th, then got moved to new date of July 1st/3rd, which is when barring a disaster, he expects it now.

* Ingame XMB is limited to messaging and music (and bluetooth devices), nothing else.

About it... thanks K-Rad!
sorry lad diddnt mean to bite your head :s thanks for the info though

Screenies today? Of trophies?

All of the vids I've seen clearly show trophies, I can't see them not being in 2.4.

Yea, been a leak today of 2 shots showing a 'gamercard' in XMB which has 3 tabs, 1 of which shows 4 grades of the trophies (platinum, gold, silver and bronze)...

As yet, are believed to be kosher.

Ah, I seen one shot of the different trophy grades, didn't see the other one though.

image068ur1.jpg

Thank god for the update, in game music and messaging is good enough for me, the messaging mainly. it hindered online play with friends.

Square Enix has confirmed plans to stick a bunch of PSone titles in the Japanese PSN Store today.

As reported on NeoGaf, these will include Xenogears, Einhander and Astronoka, plus Rakugaki Showtime, Raystorm and Fighters Impact.

"Those titles are live on the PSN in Japan from today," a spokesperson told Eurogamer.

The games are priced at JPY 600 (GBP 2.60 / EUR 3.50) each.

Any plans to bring them to the European PSN Store? "TBA" was all our friendly Square Enix chum would say.

It's worth noting there aren't currently any import games in the Euro Store - only titles that were originally released here. So let's not hold our collective breath.

If you're that bothered, and have a Japanese credit card, you could always set yourself up with a Japanese PSN account and access the games that way. Or move to Japan. Or go back in time to when the games were released and then move to Japan. Or oh forget it.

I wonder if those games have English text? I highly doubt it though :((

Back
Top Bottom