Sony PlayStation 3

Rumour going round that FW2.4 is coming in the next couple of weeks and DOES include ingame messaging (thank fuck!), better friends lists and other nicities - like ingame custom music (never bothered me that TBH).

Anyway, rumoured to hit before MGS4 (June 12)

I played Motorstorm last night, the rumble is excellent!!

@DJ You might need to go online on Motorstorm to check for an update as this might fix your problem.

Rumour going round that FW2.4 is coming in the next couple of weeks and DOES include ingame messaging (thank fuck!), better friends lists and other nicities - like ingame custom music (never bothered me that TBH).

Amazing news, thanks for the info

Good news. Hopefully they'll increase the number of friends you can have aswell!

Thing is Paul ive heard this rumour since 2007... every single next big Firmware update was going to contain Custom Soundtracks and in Game XMB Networking access and everytime we ended up disappointed as they would just add a little pointless tweak or extra each time. In fact since 2.0 my FreeCOM USB Hard Drive is no longer recognized by my PS3!!!

Thing is Paul ive heard this rumour since 2007... every single next big Firmware update was going to contain Custom Soundtracks and in Game XMB Networking access and everytime we ended up disappointed as they would just add a little pointless tweak or extra each time. In fact since 2.0 my FreeCOM USB Hard Drive is no longer recognized by my PS3!!!

Think 2.4 has been established as THE update for quite sometime now - back before a few of the last updates, it was commonly expected 2.4 would include XMB upgrades.

Its been 'confirmed' by a few gaming site editors and pretty much confirmed by Criterion when discussing their next Burnout Paradise update due out soon.

But as you rightly say, until I download and install it, then message someone in the middle of a FIFA match, I wont believe it true! :LOL:

Thats not in-game XMB Jonney.... thats someone with a BioShock background!! look at the fact it shows the disc under the game menu..... what the point of showing you have a disc in when you would know your already in a game?

It does look like it is in-game because that's the beginning of Bioshock in the second video with the fire. It can't be a moving wallpaper because you can't get them to work with PS3's at the moment - you can only use the generic Sony moving wallpaper.

And by showing the disc in-game it would allow you to manually eject it without pressing any buttons on the console just like you can now via the XMB.

Qore: Taking you behind the curtain with PlayStation

2546651441_a6260627f9.jpg

Today we are announcing that Qore: Presented by the PLAYSTATION Network, a highly interactive, monthly lifestyle gaming program covering the world inside PLAYSTATION is on its way to PS3. Qore has been developed to give PS3 users early access to game related content at a level of quality, interactivity and depth. Everything is filmed in HD. Qore will feature exclusive news, developer interviews, in-depth game previews and behind-the-scenes looks at PlayStation games and special access to game demos, special beta invitations, game add-ons and other downloadable game-related content.

Our premier episode will be available on Thursday, June 5. The premier episode includes in-depth exclusive and never-before released content on upcoming PlayStation titles such as SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Secret Agent Clank, Soul Calibur 4 and Afro Samurai, as well as the latest Blu-ray Disc trailers, an exclusive SOCOM: Confrontation theme with an invitation to the SOCOM: Confrontation beta, art galleries and other surprises. We also know that many of you are big fans of Veronica Belmont, the widely-known host of numerous online video programs and podcasts and an avid gamer, so we’ve chosen her to be your host.

To get Qore, simply log onto PSN and go to the PLAYSTATION Store, as you would purchase any other form of downloadable content. Once the single Episode or annual subscription is purchased, that month’s episode will be downloaded under the “Game” heading on the Cross Media Bar (XMB). Users who purchase the “Qore Annual Subscription” will notice only that month’s episode is available to download. The following month, the new episode will automatically appear in your download list. The introductory price for Qore is $2.99 for a single episode and $24.99 for an annual subscription of 13 episodes, using your PLAYSTATION Network wallet.

As Peter Dille mentioned in a previous PLAYSTATION Network post, the broader service and community initiatives launching on the PLAYSTATION Network this year such as Qore, PlayStation Home and the Video Download Service are all evidence of our dedication to delivering an all-encompassing entertainment experience for PS fans. Qore is the first in a series of planned original programming specifically created for the PLAYSTATION Network community and we hope you enjoy it.

video :
http://blog.us.playstation.com/

Pay for stuff you can elsewhere for free?

Bah to that

-

And also a crappy... special access to game demos, special beta invitations, game add-ons and other downloadable game-related content. :r1

That "Pain" game just looks like the Burnout crash mode that used to be in the series. I always like crash mode, is Pain just one setting though?

Good party game though, Crash mode was great with a group of people and if Pain has different environments, I'd expect it to be great too.

Single player wont be much though.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/sony-cancels-eight-days-and-the-getaway

Sony Computer Entertainment has announced that it has canceled production on two PlayStation 3 titles that were in development at the Sony London Studio - Eight Days and The Getaway.

A statement from the Corporation read as follows: "It has been agreed that production of both Eight Days and The Getaway will cease immediately due to the redistribution of resources and budget.

"This decision was made following an internal review of all games and it was deemed that with the incredibly strong list of exclusive first party titles coming up both this year and in the near future, resource should be reallocated to enhance those projects closer to completion.

---

More News

40GB getting PS2 backwards compatibility.
http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-152943.aspx

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom