Sony PlayStation 3

One more question, how can I try demo's of the smaller PSN games? For example that Pixeljunk game, Lemmings etc? I can only see an option to buy the full game but nowhere to say download demo?

You cannot (at the moment) which is a real shitter :(

Stupid question, but I've been looking around for a Bluetooth headset that will work nicely with the PS3 and I've left myself with the following two choices.

Jabra 135 (~£12 inc P&P)
Plantronics Voyager 510 (~£33 inc P&P)

Does anyone know if there is a massive difference in the quality? That Jabra one is the model up from the one that comes with Warhawk, it's exactly the same but with better battery life. How would the guys who have that compare it to e.g. the 360 headset? All I want to use it for is my crappy old Nokia 6230 and my PS3, and possibly get something to connect it up to the PC with in the future (but I doubt it).

I'm tempted to pre-order MGS4 and get the MGS4 headset with it but it's nearly £40 extra - I can't see it being worth that. It's Bluetooth 2.0 though, if that makes a massive difference...?

To be honest, i never had much luck with the bluetooth sets (poor quality) and my biggest gripe was no 'mute' key.

I use a USB headset for skype at work and I thought I would try that on the off chance one day and it works brilliantly, good quality and most importantly it has a mute button inline.

As much as I'd like a wireless headset, I'd go USB every time. Its a Plantronics by the way, but I dont know the model as its an old one.

I could've swore I seen something saying normal PSN games can be downloaded up to five times and on different consoles, whereas Warhawk and GT5P can only be downloaded onto one machine for DRM reasons ...

I've just re-downloaded Warhawk (bought it for my last PS3) and it's working fine :D

Edit:

GameSpot: What’s different about Warhawk’s DRM?

Sony representative: The downloadable version of Warhawk, which is available from the PlayStation Store, will be directly tied to the registered PSN account that purchased the game. Only that registered PSN account will be authenticated for gameplay. You will still be able to download the game to up to five PS3 systems. However, if a user downloads Warhawk onto a different machine, he/she will only be able to play via the original PSN user account on that machine and could not play on a different machine for 24 hours. This does not affect the Blu-ray Disc version of the game available at retail.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got that Warhawk one too but after a while my ear aches, I want the Socom one due in September.

I have a usb skype one i got from argos. It looks like something a dj at radio nowhere would wear with big muffy ears and a call centre style microphone.

Bit big but it works great - i can hear everyone really clear but I've no idea how good it is on the end you'd all hear, if you can hear me ok, understand me, if it picks up every breath i take so someone will have to tell me the next time im online with you.

I've got it and after one play i wish i hadn't

I get it, and its fun but its stupidly limited and just not really worth the money i paid.

You basically have a city in front of you and you fire yourself from the catapult towards the objects with the objective being to cause as much damage as possible.

But the city is painfully set out so you can either aim here or here and get a high score, here or here medium score and everywhere else fuck all.

After that you get a high score and then think 'so what is the point of this then?' Because there is nothing to follow, no 'get X points in 3 shots to advance to the next level'

There are some challenges - break X pieces of glass as fast as you can and the multiplayer modes like bowling. But thats it.

For me it was a let down - mainly due to it feeling more like a tech demo than a real game. Reminds me of a havok tech demo i had ages ago where you had a room full of objects and you could play around with them destroying the room - no point to it just like this game.

I have read they are adding extra places to the game sometime and an option to change where you fire yourself from - but until then it sits on my HD gathering digital dust

Last edited:
Top man Clock. The only issue is not many games support it yet :)

Aren't some companies releasing patches to add the rumble?

Many (if not most) games support rumble now.

One of the ones that surprised me is The Club, which I re-brought for the PS3 at the weekend after selling it with my 360!

One noteable one missing though is COD4, which is a shame :( I think its the only game of mine that doesnt support it (from the list in my sig)

Motorstorm Doesnt + FIFA 08 Doesnt in my games collection. All the PS2 games work alright though.

MotorStorm does support it, alot of games you have to connect to the PSN with them to DL the update, MotorStorm, Resistance etc, the PSN update DIDNT update all games, twas up to the developers to go back and update with Rumble support. Dont think it adds an awful lot to Motorstorm, but its there like; just times it seems to be rumbling cause it can and not giving you a true 'feeling' of the track.

Well your a donut then and I cant help you, seriously DJ, tis there, check it again, or at least check the options on the front screen and make sure Rumble is turned on!

Back
Top Bottom