Sony PlayStation 3

So I go onto live and get a nice message from JonneyMendoza telling me how much of a Fanboy I am... HOW THE FUCK CAN I BE A FANBOY WHEN I OWN BOTH MAJOR CONSOLES? There are things I dont like about the 360... there are things I dont like about the PS3. DEAL WITH IT!!

I have exactly the same impression, but to be honest, who cares...it's not because one of us is a fanboy or insn't that the world will stop turning...it's nice wheather go outside and enjoy the women...it's all not that important my friend...

Im with Paul Hayfever is a right bastard for me.

YAY! We agree on something!!!!!

(though I'm sure my Hayfeaver is more realistic and yours is 'arcadey'. Probably explodes out your nose in 720p glory, whilst mine comes out with jaggies)

Or something...

Hey guys is it worth downloading the media centre stuff? does it hinder performance etc? or is it just a great add on that is a must?

...but it's a games console. Consoles are for games, PCs are for surfing the net and other PC related programs. Why do you need Linux on your PS3 when you have a PC? Installing Linux is just a gimmick IMO and it takes up 12GB of storage space.

...but it's a games console. Consoles are for games, PCs are for surfing the net and other PC related programs. Why do you need Linux on your PS3 when you have a PC? Installing Linux is just a gimmick IMO and it takes up 12GB of storage space.

My PS3 is now my entertainment PC. I sold my 20" iMac that was in my room and now solely use the PS3 for media, web browsing, emails etc. Think its an excellent solution - and if you want to install Linux (gimmick or not) then thats another plus.

The PS3 is more than a games system - its an all round entertainment system and thats why its better than a 360 in my opinion.

Because you can't watch movies streamed from the PC on the 360 can you, no such thing as TVersity, and you can't listen to music streamed from the PC either (which is flawless and saves space)... And you can't then listen to that music in-game can you... Oh wait, you can, and you can't do that on PS3.

:)

I don't get the desire for in game music myself -- I can't think of anything other than racing games where id rather hear some songs over and over rather than be able to listen to the game im playing.

My PS3 is now my entertainment PC. I sold my 20" iMac that was in my room and now solely use the PS3 for media, web browsing, emails etc. Think its an excellent solution - and if you want to install Linux (gimmick or not) then thats another plus.

The PS3 is more than a games system - its an all round entertainment system and thats why its better than a 360 in my opinion.

Completely Agree. I do think its preference, if your a hardcore gamer get yourself a 360 yet if you want the best package the PS3 is alot better, Apart from Gears of War 2 theres nothing on the 360 that i can't play on the PS3.

Yeah pretty much, Halo is Hype, Forza is a maybe but (please no flaming) im not the biggest of racing fan so im more than happy with Gran Turismo. Other than that.....i cant see anything coming to the 360 which wont also be released on the PS3

GTA additional content and PGR! :p

Yeah, Sony are doing great adding all these features to the PS3, I will propably pick one up in the summer.

GTA additional content - i don't think ill care by august about GTA - especially with Saints Row 2 coming then.

PGR - i liked the first but it went downhill from there to me - i can't put my finger on why... maybe it was just the been there done that feeling

future exclusive games

Halo Wars looked good to me - I'm a HUGE RTS fan and loved C&C3 on the 360 - i hope to god they release a C&C on the ps3 (keyboard mouse support) soon.... i don't want this FPS C&C they're working on.

Fable 2 - the first seemed ok...but lionhead games are crap - they have amazing ideas but they always fall short by the final game.

Last edited:
Because you can't watch movies streamed from the PC on the 360 can you, no such thing as TVersity, and you can't listen to music streamed from the PC either (which is flawless and saves space)... And you can't then listen to that music in-game can you... Oh wait, you can, and you can't do that on PS3.

:)

Yea, didnt say you couldnt do it - I DID used to stream music from my PC and MAC to the 360, but I've got such a large library (oo-er!) that the 360 used to take ages to find it, then by the time it had cached it all it wasnt worth it.

I'm impatient, so prefer the switch it on, press play, rock out attitude - which the PS3 gives me. Not gonna get much on the 360s massive 20gb HD are ya!?

So the PS3 suits me - if it doesnt anyone else then hey-ho, your choice! :)

RTS on a joypad? no thanks but if your a real hard core RTS you will realize how much it would suck on a joypad. you need a proper mouse and keyboard which MS dont support but ps3 does.

by the time gta content comes, you lot will be too busy playing fifa 09 :)

Im installing yellow dog linux as we speak and just a quick reply to JB, you can upgrade the hdd on the ps3 unlike the 360 so syaing that it takes 12gb to install linux is mute.

damm this thread is becoming a 360vsps3 flame war, better stop or else the mods wont be happy.

o and btw can you play mkv HIGH DEF files on a 360? if not then thats another plus sign for the 360. if you compare the consoles from top to buttom the ps3 wins hands down. i could list all the prons and cons to back up my statement but i will only be listing things you guys know already so no point. lets end the comparison now

Last edited:
I played C&C 3 on the 360 with the pad and while it worked it wasn't a patch on the K/M

I did used to play RTS's on the pc up until recently when pc gaming went up and above the pc's ability

I've missed that game so much since I swapped to PS3, that and Dead Rising

o and btw can you play mkv HIGH DEF files on a 360? if not then thats another plus sign for the 360. if you compare the consoles from top to buttom the ps3 wins hands down. i could list all the prons and cons to back up my statement but i will only be listing things you guys know already so no point. lets end the comparison now

You mean negative don't you? :SS

Can the PS3 play mkv natively now without transcoding? :w00t:

Can you use any Harddrive for the PS3 or will i need a certain one? anyone got any suggestions for which Hardrive to get for the PStrizzle :)

Can you use any Harddrive for the PS3 or will i need a certain one? anyone got any suggestions for which Hardrive to get for the PStrizzle :)

The HDD has to be a 2.5" SATA laptop hard drive - Seagate or Western Digital are your best bet. The maximum size you can get at the minute is about 400GB but they are bringing out 500GB and soon a 1TB drive.

Check out eBay. 250GB drives are going for about £70-80.

Last edited:
Right no more FUCKING FANBOY FIGHTS, otherwise we will start a FANBOY FIGHT thread in this section as well.

Please lads, fooking calm down, this is about entertainment, and enjoying yourselves, so no more of it alright. Alot of people are lucky to play on both or have experienced both machines, PERSONNEL TASTE makes you use the machine your happier with, be it the quieter PS3 or the Pad of the 360, and that's were it stops. So everyone just grow up, the next comment and the person gets banned, you hear that Paul, Johnny and anyone else who is lining up to chip in.

Back
Top Bottom