Sony PlayStation 3

lol. Are you freakin' serious. I had to wait a whole month to get my unit back.

Mine has broken today thanks to GTA crashing all the time and buggering the HD

Getting a replacement on monday - 60 gig
=

Did they give you a reason why it was as long as a month?

At the present time? No nothing thats not already on 360. BUT I am willing to give things a chance Paul so im not selling the PS3. Gimme a Dual Shock 3 and a decent racing game (not GT5 StiffLogue) and ill be sorted!

LOL... well, GRID demo tomorrow. I'm not holding out much hope.

You should get a DS3 - much better than the Sixaxis...

Mine has broken today thanks to GTA crashing all the time and buggering the HD

Getting a replacement on monday - 60 gig
=

Did they give you a reason why it was as long as a month?
is it your hdd thats fucked? i so have you tried replacing the hdd?

i don't have a replacement hdd to plug in

i tried a system restore and after 5 mins of playing it crashed and gave me the error again

The code so ive read means something has gone cookoo with the hdd saving some data - the only thing i can point it towards is either the haze demo i was downloading or GTA's save file - i got to 89% on haze ... dont think i can be bothered to re download it next week

If the replacement knackers soon after i get it then it has to be gta thats fecking my machine up - and thats not good

Ive also read the 60 gb SKUs could be to blame - whatever the hell they are lol

So if this breaks i might have to take a 40 gigger and a credit note what the money ive lost (as gamestation offered me) or pray for them to release the next models and get one of those

cant you reformat the hdd? im sure the hdd doesnt fail that easily? if its not physicly damaged then a format will fix it

I did a quick format and it fixed it for 5 - 10 mins

the full format says it will take 3 hours 45 minutes!

I did a quick format and it fixed it for 5 - 10 mins

the full format says it will take 3 hours 45 minutes!

Well, you've got till Monday!

I've got an old 60gb drive from when I swapped it out for a 320gb if you are interested in buying it?

do a full reformat then. i've got a 100gb spare hdd that im gunna put in on saturday and do a full reformat whlist im out playing footy.

edit:it sounds like you hdd contains bad sectors and a quick format doesnt fix that. do a full one while your sleeping or at work if u dont like waiting

Just started one off now - its done 3% so far and has around 3 hours 50 mins left - oh just clicked to 4% and 3 hours 49mins left

Gives me chance to finish off some shows ive been putting off making and uploading to play GTA so its not all bad - though come saturday ill be butted to have nothing to play on but the wii ... and the wii's kinda crap

question: does installing yello dog linux on the ps3 void the warranty? if not what kind of stuff can you do in yellow dog?

Just started one off now - its done 3% so far and has around 3 hours 50 mins left - oh just clicked to 4% and 3 hours 49mins left

Gives me chance to finish off some shows ive been putting off making and uploading to play GTA so its not all bad - though come saturday ill be butted to have nothing to play on but the wii ... and the wii's kinda crap
Hope it's worked matey, any news? (proxi)

i don't have a replacement hdd to plug in

i tried a system restore and after 5 mins of playing it crashed and gave me the error again

The code so ive read means something has gone cookoo with the hdd saving some data - the only thing i can point it towards is either the haze demo i was downloading or GTA's save file - i got to 89% on haze ... dont think i can be bothered to re download it next week

If the replacement knackers soon after i get it then it has to be gta thats fecking my machine up - and thats not good

Ive also read the 60 gb SKUs could be to blame - whatever the hell they are lol

So if this breaks i might have to take a 40 gigger and a credit note what the money ive lost (as gamestation offered me) or pray for them to release the next models and get one of those

was playing uefa 2008 and it caused my 40gb ps3 to crash, couldn't restart it, kept saying the hard drive couldn't be located...phoned sony and they are sending a replacement for tomorrow

question: does installing yello dog linux on the ps3 void the warranty? if not what kind of stuff can you do in yellow dog?

No, no problem installing Linux - it even gives you the option in the XMB, so no reason it would invalidate warranty.

Not done it myself (thought about it seriously!) - but think you can get Firefox, email clients, VLC (video player for just about every format), Office, basic emulators etc etc.

Read somewhere recently that they had recently cracked the PS3s GPU - meaning if work progresses then the Linux system on PS3 may be able to run games and better emulators. Didnt follow up any more than that tho...

Did a complete full format system restore - took about 4 hours

the verdict

It's made it WORSE!

I have no idea how but now when GTA attempts to load it gets to that screen with the white legal text on and totally screws up and stretches the text across the screen and locks up.

At least before it just dumped me back to the XMB with an error code

Funny

Ouch!

Least if it was gonna happen, its happened in a quiet spell now - you got a good blast on GTA (sounds like you caned it!) and its a few weeks to the next big game in which time you'll be back on your feet!

Did a complete full format system restore - took about 4 hours

the verdict

It's made it WORSE!

I have no idea how but now when GTA attempts to load it gets to that screen with the white legal text on and totally screws up and stretches the text across the screen and locks up.

At least before it just dumped me back to the XMB with an error code

Funny

£229.99 delivered from Play.com now.

Edit: Apparantly it was a mistake. People are now getting to the checkout and it's showing up as £279 now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yup... so tempted to sell my 60gb as the backward comp is useless to me.

They are still going for a bomb on Ebay and as its nearly out of warranty, would give me another years cover.

I'm worried about my DLC though - if I knew 100% they would transfer ok, I'd do it right away...

Edit: Apparantly it was a mistake. People are now getting to the checkout and it's showing up as £279 now.

Yea, its gone back up to £289.

Ah well, least it prompted me to see what I could get on Ebay for my 60gb!

cool im guna first install a new hdd on it and then format and install linux. is tehre any noob guides on how to do so?

Sony PlayStation Day London ’08 News
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's David Reeves announced in his recent keynote speech that the PlayStation 3 has officially outsold the Xbox360 in Europe.

Quote:
"I am delighted to be able announce today that we have sold more PlayStation 3s throughout Europe than Xbox 360 - even though they launched sixteen months before PS3."

He went on to mention that 12 million PSPs and 48 million PS2s have been sold in Europe, adding that, "These numbers are a testament to the strength of the PlayStation brand throughout our region, the ever-increasing number of titles being launched, the rich content on offer and its appeal to different demographics and cultures."

Reeves mentioned that 3.2 million gamers have registered on the Playstation Network and more than 57 million items have been downloaded from the PlayStation Store.

Sony will be revealing the new global hardware sales numbers next week. According to Reeves, it's all about high quality software and exclusive games, and he adds, "customers are buying into PS3 as the ultimate gaming system."

No doubt we'll still be treated crappy compared to the US and JPN markets

So I go onto live and get a nice message from JonneyMendoza telling me how much of a Fanboy I am... HOW THE FUCK CAN I BE A FANBOY WHEN I OWN BOTH MAJOR CONSOLES? There are things I dont like about the 360... there are things I dont like about the PS3. DEAL WITH IT!!

Back
Top Bottom