* Latest
* All Games
* Game Add-Ons
* Videos
* PSP Games
* Family Games
* 'other' media(what?!)
* We recommend

This is just crazy... so if you're looking for a demo, you need to either go to latest, or if it's not there, look in all games - which are sorted into sub groups by genre, not title. Also, all PSone games are mixed in with the genres... so if you want a PSone game you need to find it in the melange of other titles... is Sony Europe bonkers?

On the USA store:

* New Releases
* Downloadable Games
* View All by Title
* Add-ons
* Demos
* Videos
* Themes and Wallpapers
* Featured Items

These categories make perfect sense - you can find the same piece of content multiple ways, and if you go to 'downloadable games' the titles are split by platform (PS3, PSP, PS Eye, PSone Classics) and other sorting (top downloads, genre, alphabetical)...

On the UK store the main categories are:

* Latest
* All Games
* Game Add-Ons
* Videos
* PSP Games
* Family Games
* 'other' media(what?!)
* We recommend

This is just crazy... so if you're looking for a demo, you need to either go to latest, or if it's not there, look in all games - which are sorted into sub groups by genre, not title. Also, all PSone games are mixed in with the genres... so if you want a PSone game you need to find it in the melange of other titles... is Sony Europe bonkers?

On the USA store:

* New Releases
* Downloadable Games
* View All by Title
* Add-ons
* Demos
* Videos
* Themes and Wallpapers
* Featured Items

These categories make perfect sense - you can find the same piece of content multiple ways, and if you go to 'downloadable games' the titles are split by platform (PS3, PSP, PS Eye, PSone Classics) and other sorting (top downloads, genre, alphabetical)...

First thing i noticed too, why the hell is the EU psn store different (worst) from the USA one?

Blame SCEE for their complete ignorance when it comes to simple things like that.

The European MGS Online beta is open, the US and Japanese aren't.

:DD

Meh, fair enough!

On the UK store the main categories are:

* Latest
* All Games
* Game Add-Ons
* Videos
* PSP Games
* Family Games
* 'other' media(what?!)
* We recommend

On the USA store:

* New Releases
* Downloadable Games
* View All by Title
* Add-ons
* Demos
* Videos
* Themes and Wallpapers
* Featured Items

LOL... Radiations gone mental!

Our store normally gets updated in the evenings - there is more to come. Be the usual Sony toss, but more to toss to come.

On the US Store, we should be getting the 2 weeks of back DLC too.

I personally think the store is a massive improvement and is great to use now, very quick, easily laid out. To be honest, its the US one thats confusing, too many sub-sections.

Anyway, Sony can do no wrong :D

You work for Sony?

Play TV is £60 so say Amazon, released July 31st.

Thats a nice price.

When I posted it it said £60 and gave the date.

Engadget is saying that Home will be taking on more users this fall. So it looks like Home isn't going to be out this year either. When was Home supposed to be originally released?

OPEN Beta coming in fall - so we should all get a go then.

Pain its taking so long, but I suppose its best to release it when its working and stable, rather than chuck it out now and get loads of complaints.

Gotta be 18 months delay by the time it comes out! (If...)

They said it was last year - then earlier this year they promised a 2008 release ... i wouldn't be surprised if they delayed this indefinitly claiming current hardware can't support it but it will be a PS4 release title

Having a stupid problem here.

Switched back to my old modem (Netgear DG834G), best modem I've ever had but didn't work with ADSL2+. They've released a firmware update this month and now it does - brilliant! Bye bye crappy free crashalot router!

Only trouble is, the PS3 says UPNP is "not available" when I run the network test, wirelessly OR wired. Thing is, if I go into the router control panel, it logs the UPNP request and claims to process it fine. :eh:

It does but I've just been kicked off Everybody's Golf in the middle of the second hole - first time that's ever happened. Uh-ohhh.

I can't, a letter came with it saying it's the property of Be and must be returned in "pristine condition", which has been the only thing stopping me from burying it into my neighbour's face when he complains about his dial-up connection and asks me if I can make it faster.

I will buy a DG834GT if I have to, which is confirmed to work 100% with ADSL2+ and Annex M (which is what I'm supplied). Just a shame that this one appears to work fine, and yet says there's no UPNP compatibility (but it's only the PS3 that says this, the 360 works 100% fine, open NAT and everything).

Right, it gets weirder.

I switched the PS3 on before and the pad just would not find the PS3. Never had that before, but it happens with the 360 all the time, so never mind. I switched the PS3 off and on again, fixed the problem.

The next time I switched it on, not only could I not connect the pad but, according to the TV, there was no HDMI signal. Don't believe this. So I held down the power button for three seconds - wouldn't switch off. Held it down again - wouldn't switch off. Ejected the disc okay, but I had to turn the PS3 off using the switch at the back. Since then it's been okay.

What the hell...

Right, it gets weirder.

I switched the PS3 on before and the pad just would not find the PS3. Never had that before, but it happens with the 360 all the time, so never mind. I switched the PS3 off and on again, fixed the problem.

The next time I switched it on, not only could I not connect the pad but, according to the TV, there was no HDMI signal. Don't believe this. So I held down the power button for three seconds - wouldn't switch off. Held it down again - wouldn't switch off. Ejected the disc okay, but I had to turn the PS3 off using the switch at the back. Since then it's been okay.

What the hell...
Same thing happens to me quite often with both the PAD not finding the PS3 and the PS3 not behaving itself and not getting a signal...

The PS3 version of GTA has better graphics and frame-rate WTF???
This is more astonishing and unpalatable than FIFA trumping WE!!!

The PS3 version of GTA has better graphics and frame-rate WTF???
This is more astonishing and unpalatable than FIFA trumping WE!!!

Graphics are the same, PS3 has better AA.

"For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster.

Back
Top Bottom