Sony PlayStation 3

British Retailer Confirms GTAIV Bundle

smallish_gtabundle.jpg

Just in case you don't trust those shifty, foreign types from the continent, British store Shopto have confirmed to Gamesindustry that they'll be selling a Grand Theft Auto IV hardware bundle, consisting of a 40GB PS3, Sixaxis and a copy of GTAIV. It'll be available on April 29, and will set you back £299 .

Nice! Do you reckon it'll come with DualShock 3?

Nice teaser for Resistance, if thats in game then WOW!

Also you can download the HD from the gametrailers site on the PS3 browser.

Nah - it's a teaser trailer so its just a fancy way of announcing the game is real.

Personally I hate trailers like that - they just put me off the game and destroy any hype i had from reading about what the game will have until i get to see some gameplay

-

Also whenever i click that video on here my firefox crashes :(

PS3- error 80010514

I appreciate the Evoweb prib isn;t the forum for this but I was playing Pro Evo 2008 today and the game froze. When I rebooted, the PS3 didn;t recognise the disk. Tried few other games, switched on and off etc. Recognises the disk occasionaly but comes up with the above error and doesn't load.

Have read threads on other forums, I believe that my Blu Ray reader is knackered and I need to send off for a replacement PS3.

All I can say is, Sony, get to fuck........

I feel marginally better now-cheers for reading my rant.

Last edited:
Re: PS3- error 80010514

Yeah, like anything, I thought "It won't happen to me" till today!!

Obviously, I'll get a new one from Sony (and it better be 60GB like mine or i will be demanding comp) but I will lose all my game data and I worry that the likes of PES2008 won't work as the unique code for online play, which you type in the first time, will have already been used!!!

You got nothing to back it up to removable HDD or USB Stick you could at least save account stuff games saves with stick dont think it works out that big would have to forget demos though.

I would invest in a flash drive, I purchased a great 4GB one that was relatively inexpensive. Backed up my system, transferred all my saved game data, and SONY does pay all the shipping for packaging. Looks like they are working on my system now, so hopefully they get something sent out to me this week! That would be spectacular. I was one of the many who thought it wouldn't happen to them though. I am just worried about a chronic problem with the system to the point where it will fall out of the warranty coverage, and my investment turns out to be a complete loss. I would hope SONY don't let me get the shaft based on their faulty hardware. It's still frustrating though even though it seems like they are trying to get this all resolved in a timely manner. I'll see in the next few days... good luck to you though!

Last edited:
Rumour from 1UP Youra...a device that Sony patented in 2006 will be used with Resistance 2 and CoD5. The device will be compared by some to that Wiimote...

thanks guys. I do actually have a USB stick and have now backed up my game saves- not too sure how it will work in terms of my PS3 network ID etc. any ieas? s it possible to back this up?

btw- called Sony this morning and they are replacing my PS3 with another 60GB one on Wed, which isn't bad, I must admit.

That's good news, I hope there aint too many more people going to get this, they are an expensive piece of kit for it to happen too.

Hi neil, i have the same problem before, when PES2008 are out, i buy it with a friend, i try it, few freezes, very strange and after 5 matchs i go a fatal freeze, i restart the PS3 and any disk work, Blu-Ray, DVD, Audio CD etc...
I go to my shop with the console, the shop says it's for 1 or 2 month, finally i go my PS3 few days after and it's a new one, but i don't try the same PES2008, i ask to Konami for exchange and Konami do that exceptionally and finally i have a new PES2008 and a new PS3 (less noise and less hot, never bugs/freezes).

You just need copy your saves on USB ke or hard drive and don't forget you accompt code.

Crikey, glad you've got it sorted, still a shit thing to happen obviously. They should make sure stuff like this shouldn't happen with the amount of moolah you pay for them.

Never had anything like that happen, but ours does freeze every now and again and we have to unplug it. :/

I'm so going to do that right now.

EDIT: Woah, it looked like I'd fed a chicken in through the disc drive. Dust just went everywhere.

Brilliant! :thumbup:

Last edited:
It was still quieter than my old 360 :-pp

Is that an official method that sony approve of or is that something someone has figured out and we should mess around with?

(I know it must be a built in feature for sony to do a fan test etc on - i mean are sony happy with us using it)

I can't hear the system anyway, but I might give this a try for a laugh. Wonder if it'll do anything for COD4.

EDIT = I noticed TG put '40gb fan test', this does still work for 60gb owners as well yes?

Last edited:

You got nothing to back it up to removable HDD or USB Stick you could at least save account stuff games saves with stick dont think it works out that big would have to forget demos though.

Doesn't matter about the demos considering they provide us with a download history in the store.

:lol: Not far away!

I wonder if you can do that with the Xbox 360 though, mine could really use it...

If you try it with a 360, it will blow up, you do realise that :LOL:

Last edited:
Is that an official method that sony approve of or is that something someone has figured out and we should mess around with?
It's one of those things they tell you to do over the phone if you're having trouble with something fan-related etc. so that you don't have to send the PS3 back. If they were worried about people knowing about it then they wouldn't program it in, they'd leave it until they receive the PS3s back at the warehouses and shove a disc in with all the commands on it.

Back
Top Bottom