Sony PlayStation 3

cue sad violin music:

So this sucks MASSIVELY!!!

Last night, I was finally trying different themes for my PS3, but while I was browsing the web, the disk tray starts making weird sounds! So I turn off the system. When I turn it back on, suddenly my PS3 can't read any type of disk, blue-ray, dvd, etc etc etc!!!

Went through all the trouble shooting problems, but nada.

Called customer support and now it seems I will be one of the many that are now having to have SONY do an exchange or refurbish. DAMNIT! So now I have to wait for them to send a prepaid box, send it to SONY, then wait for them to send something back. :(

Hopefully this is not a continual problem and I don't have to wait too long for my PS3 back.

I have the 40GB US version btw.

Last edited:
cue sad violin music:

So this sucks MASSIVELY!!!

Last night, I was finally trying different themes for my PS3, but while I was browsing the web, the disk tray starts making weird sounds! So I turn off the system. When I turn it back on, suddenly my PS3 can't read any type of disk, blue-ray, dvd, etc etc etc!!!

Went through all the trouble shooting problems, but nada.

CallED customer support and now it seems I will be one of the many that are now having to have SONY do an exchange or refurbish. DAMNIT! So now I have to wait for them to send a prepaid box, send it to SONY, then wait for them to send something back. :(

Hopefully this is not a continual problem and I don't have to wait too long for my PS3 back.

I have the 40GB US version btw.

Its quite well known PS3 bluray drive errors remember the PS2 lazer problems ? its pretty much that all over again.

I swear Sony cant make a drive to save there life you would of thought they learned some lessons.

The Official Playstation 3 forums are full of them along with a few other forums i have been on. Shame as i think the rest of the system far better build then 360.

Edit: To my knowledge they swap the PS3 on the door which is really good not like 360 now have to wait yonks.

Last edited:
Its quite well known PS3 bluray drive errors remember the PS2 lazer problems ? its pretty much that all over again.

This is crazy, but I bought the PS2 when it first came out, hell, I was even able to get mine before the official release date since I worked at a place that was going to sell them! I played the crap out of that system for 7 years until I sold it last year! I used the knife trick to play WE games and all that jazz and never once had a single problem. Not even a scent of an issue!

I was crossing my fingers with the PS3, I don't even play it that often, not until recently once I started playing online with CoD4. Just a shame though since I too saw several forums about this issue, I was trying to trouble shoot my way in an attempt to avoid sending it to SONY.

I just hope that whatever SONY sends me, is new/not refurbished and lasts me without any more issues! :anx:

Last edited:
It Bluray diode from what i hear failing.

I went through about 3 PS2 with lazer problems was really common back in day.

Hopefully your get solid machine as replacement. :))

Ye its not really on scale of MS 3 red lights but its going to head that way if it carrys on.

If they sorted the Bluray drive the console itself would be like fort knox compared to a 360.

Yep but with some New Technologies you take a chance on them working out and being reliably... The 360 3 RROD issue is so darn simple to fix, MS made a mistake with the MBoard X Clamps. If it wasnt for those the console would be Fort Knox ;)

Ye well to be fair will see with these new lot of consoles if 3 red lights pop up but you would expect them to have this X Clamp thing fixed.

It's out of order Paul, it's totally out of order. Who do they think they are? "We made that ball so you can't play with it", it's like someone from Nike driving around all the streets in Liverpool saying "that ball isn't for the likes of you, give it here". They make a region-free console and then they do this? Fuck you Sony. It's outrageous. It's got to be against some kind of law. Someone needs to step in.

I'll have a look at YesAsia but (Clockender) I know PlayAsia won't ship to Europe thanks to, yes you guessed it, threats from Sony. Sorry but they really are scum and I would love to see them bankrupt themselves by constantly doing shit like this.

Got one today for my Birthday :lol:

Prologue is with it so will give it a go later, my mum couldnt find one without a game attached :lol: but the prologue is free anyway. Didn't ask for it as Im happy with my 360, but still realy happy with it. Wanted one since release anyway, and this year there are some decent games out on it aswell.

Got one today for my Birthday :lol:

Prologue is with it so will give it a go later, my mum couldnt find one without a game attached :lol: but the prologue is free anyway. Didn't ask for it as Im happy with my 360, but still realy happy with it. Wanted one since release anyway, and this year there are some decent games out on it aswell.

PS3 for your Birthday... damn I get socks and some Bud..

Next friday Gametrailers will have an exclusive trailer from Insomniac and Sony, its either a Resistance 2 trailer or a Rachet n Clank - Quest for Booty (PSN game) trailer.

Right people can someone help me with this cause im lost.

1. Shopto are selling the PS3 40GB for £260 here right great price nothing wrong with that
http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=dettagli&codart=PS3CO05&n=Playstation 3 Console 40GB&p=PS3

2. Gran Turismo on their site is on sale for £20. know if im right them both together comes to £280 BUT heres the problem
http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=dettagli&matcat=&categ=&platform=&codart=PS3GR01

3. They have the PS3 40 GB GT5 Bundle for £290. know does the bundle have something extra which is worth getting or am i missing something?
http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page...an Turismo 5 Prologue + PS3 40GB Bundle&p=PS3

Right people can someone help me with this cause im lost.

1. Shopto are selling the PS3 40GB for £260 here right great price nothing wrong with that
http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=dettagli&codart=PS3CO05&n=Playstation 3 Console 40GB&p=PS3

2. Gran Turismo on their site is on sale for £20. know if im right them both together comes to £280 BUT heres the problem
http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=dettagli&matcat=&categ=&platform=&codart=PS3GR01

3. They have the PS3 40 GB GT5 Bundle for £290. know does the bundle have something extra which is worth getting or am i missing something?
http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page...an Turismo 5 Prologue + PS3 40GB Bundle&p=PS3

A PS3 by itself for £260 is decent, I'm thinking its a temporary price? We have the PS3 + GT5 for £300, but you get a bluray movie also. A few of my mates got hold of that GT5 bundle for £200, so they tell me.

They were all taken off eBay last week, nice to see some back on now but you wonder how long they'll be on for.

I've ordered mine from YesAsia for £30, and they say they will pay any import tax you're charged.

It Bluray diode from what i hear failing.

I went through about 3 PS2 with lazer problems was really common back in day.

Hopefully your get solid machine as replacement. :))

Hopefully, I will be knocking on wood throughout this whole process that I get a great machine back.

So now Ive joined the ps3 gang, what game(s) do you gusy recommend?

Tried the uncharted demo and think its really good, so might get that at some point. Any other game worth getting?

Apart from Uncharted probably not much else really you probably played the others on 360. :DD

I hear Heavenly Sword quite good but game not my cup of tea.

Any other game worth getting?
Nope.

:lol:

Rock Band if you want to spend £200 on importing it, Everybody's Golf is great. GT same old same old, Uncharted is great but you'll finish it in a day or two if you play it too much.

I am addicted to Everybody's Golf though, currently my favourite game.

Warhawk is not very popular now?

Well i stopped playing it in December when we moved house and when we got the net sorted at the new place in February id lost interest. I thought that was my usual thing though of if i stop playing something for too long i lose all interest.

Shame if the online is dying off now as it was awesome fun

Still... socom should fill the online team game later in the year

Back
Top Bottom