Sony PlayStation 3

Weird... I've just got PES2008 (PS2 version) and tried to play it on PS3, but my monitor just goes blank and says "Input Not Supported".

Its a new monitor and supports the highest res (1080p and i) - anyone know why this is happening?

I've tried changing some of the settings, but cannot get it to work :(

Weird... I've just got PES2008 (PS2 version) and tried to play it on PS3, but my monitor just goes blank and says "Input Not Supported".

Its a new monitor and supports the highest res (1080p and i) - anyone know why this is happening?

I've tried changing some of the settings, but cannot get it to work :(

You can only play it at 60hz I think mate, not sure tho.

Do ps3 games show up ok?

Have you selected to upscale the ps2 games or messed with those settings?

-edit

i found this

Is there any news on whether Sony or a third party care going to release a VGA cable for the PS3.

Im currently using a VGA box, but it only outputs in 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p and

im trying to run God of War 2 but because its PAL it runs in 576i so my monitor just gives me a message saying "Input not supported.

Its the same for all PS2 games and DVD's

and the reply to that

Perhaps if you spliced a PS2/3 component cable with a VGA cable.

-- found this as well

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/102345/+580#entry16255262

where someone suggests - what you need is your LCD must support HDCP over DVI , or have HDMI input . Then , just buy a HDMI to DVI adapter .

Last edited:
Do ps3 games show up ok?

Have you selected to upscale the ps2 games or messed with those settings?

-edit

i found this

and the reply to that

-- found this as well

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/102345/+580#entry16255262

where someone suggests - what you need is your LCD must support HDCP over DVI , or have HDMI input . Then , just buy a HDMI to DVI adapter .

ADDED: I've tried all 3 PS2 upscaling options - None works ok (i.e. doesnt go to black screen in test), but Normal and Full Screen both go to black screens and 'Input Not Supported'. Tried running PES with all 3 settings too, but none work.

PS3 Games work fine (look beautiful in fact for a 'budget' monitor).

Cheers... the monitor supports HDCP and is currently connected by a HDMI->DVI cable.

I'll check those links out, thanks. I've found a DVI->VGA convertor, but its like £75!!!! Fuck that.

Worst comes to it, I'll get another AV cable and plug that into my old TV which is next to the monitor and will have to manually switch out at the back... not ideal, but :(

Last edited:
Anybody know why all the PS3 DualShock 3 controllers in the UK have been pulled off eBay (bar one)?

Really, really pissed off. Sony, you are officially a bunch of arseholes. You deserve to be sued until you're bankrupt and your board members lose all eight of their houses.
And now the hundreds that were listed in Hong Kong have gone as well. The only ones left on eBay are ones that have been put on this morning, and will be taken off tonight.

What a bunch of fucking knobheads. I feel disgusted owning something that these greedy cunts have manufactured.

And now the hundreds that were listed in Hong Kong have gone as well. The only ones left on eBay are ones that have been put on this morning, and will be taken off tonight.

What a bunch of fucking knobheads. I feel disgusted owning something that these greedy cunts have manufactured.

Saw on another forum that a company called YesAsia (i assume .com) sell them for £24 and they are based in the UK - meaning they arrive 2-3 days...

(and calm down!)

It's out of order Paul, it's totally out of order. Who do they think they are? "We made that ball so you can't play with it", it's like someone from Nike driving around all the streets in Liverpool saying "that ball isn't for the likes of you, give it here". They make a region-free console and then they do this? Fuck you Sony. It's outrageous. It's got to be against some kind of law. Someone needs to step in.

I'll have a look at YesAsia but (Clockender) I know PlayAsia won't ship to Europe thanks to, yes you guessed it, threats from Sony. Sorry but they really are scum and I would love to see them bankrupt themselves by constantly doing shit like this.

EDIT: Yeah they do them but I'm not looking forward to the import tax.

Also, anyone wana take a uk PS3 40gb off my hands? Still sealed, bought it coz I wanted a uk version. That was until I saw the gorgus white one ;)

For the few guys who asked me about it, Im selling it for £200 with free postage - or £180 if you can pick it up.

The DualShock is exactly the same feel as the PS2 pad but with the crap triggers and the PS button. It's weightier, which I like - it just feels like it's built better.

Not had the problem you're talking about there, but you have reminded me of something. I can't believe there's no option to switch the pad off after five minutes of inactivity or whatever, the times I switch the PS3 on to download something and three hours later it's still going and the pad is on it's last legs...

Like Jack Bauer says its the same.

Jack Bauer why don't you just turn off the pad when your not using it and the machine is on, thats what I do. When I'm watching a DVD etc I turn off the pad.

Jack Bauer why don't you just turn off the pad when your not using it and the machine is on, thats what I do. When I'm watching a DVD etc I turn off the pad.
I have the memory of a fish. :DOH:

I forget every time because I'm so used to the 360 switching it off automatically.

weird thing keeps happening

i keep going online and being told i have a message - then ill check it and later turn the ps3 off

the next time i go online ill get another message saying i have a message - then ill check and it's the same message that ive already read and deleted

Anyone else been getting this

I'm trying to update my PS3, and when I'm doing that I cant bring up the window to turn my DS3 off, which is bobbins, cause it seems to be taking forever, hence now DL the update via my PC, and see if I can get it shifted to my PS3 that way.

I plug mine into the PC to charge up, though I always play with it plugged into the PS3 anyway, it don't feel right playing with no wire..

That there be magic I tell thees' dont believe the no wire pad! ARRRRRR!

Back
Top Bottom