Sony PlayStation 3

Yeah I know how to access the list, but I only look there when I know somebody's sent me a message! Otherwise it would be like checking the display settings are okay - every day.

I just never see the notifications, they should be like the 360 and intrude on the game. You might lose a ranked match and end up smashing a small porcelain figure but at least you'll know your nephew's sent you a message that says "lol".

Yeah I know how to access the list, but I only look there when I know somebody's sent me a message! Otherwise it would be like checking the display settings are okay - every day.

I just never see the notifications, they should be like the 360 and intrude on the game. You might lose a ranked match and end up smashing a small porcelain figure but at least you'll know your nephew's sent you a message that says "lol".

Not sure what you mean - the message notification pops up in the top right, with the senders name and the subject of the message. Maybe you have it disabled?

Also, when you boot the machine, if anyone has sent you a message, it will again say in the top right "You have received a message" or somehting like that.

Makes sense why you never reply now! ;)

I know the notification pops up on the top right, but it's small, gray and slightly transparent, so my knackered eyes don't see it. Whereas on the 360 you get a noise and an animation (flashing light) on the side of it, so that you can't miss it.

Didn't know you get a notification when you turn the PS3 on as well if there's any waiting, Christ I must be drunk half the time...

I have found something else to connect my ps3 to my vga non hdcp vga monitor its quite cheep compared to the others its this
wiips3vgacablepn4.jpg

http://www.gameyeeeah.com/wii-ps3-vga-cable-p-746.html
Wii/Ps3 VGA cable
£24.99
still has anyone got any different solutions

Anyone got any tips for controlling media on the PS3?

I've just spent the best part of the weekend moving about 100gb of music and movies to my PS3 and whilst great, the music in particular is a pain to navigate. I'm sorting by 'Artist', but its a pain in the ass if I want too listen to Zero 7 - like a 60 second scroll down!

I'll probably end up making playlists, but just wondered if there was a better way?

The PS Eye is finally back in stock at most places.

:DANCE:

I've just spent the best part of the weekend moving about 100gb of music and movies to my PS3 and whilst great, the music in particular is a pain to navigate. I'm sorting by 'Artist', but its a pain in the ass if I want too listen to Zero 7 - like a 60 second scroll down!

I'll probably end up making playlists, but just wondered if there was a better way?

Can you use a wireless mouse for ps3? If yes that should be easier to scroll i guess

Can you use a wireless mouse for ps3? If yes that should be easier to scroll i guess

Yea, I've got a wireless keyboard/mouse combo - ironically, the pad is actually better as the scrolling down the song list is analogue! I.e. the more you move it the fast the scroll - which you cannot do on the keyboard.

I started making playlists last night and with the shuffle option, makes it a bit more bearable.

Hopefully they will continue adding to the media functions - maybe with ratings/smart playlists - or at least a search facility!

Perhaps Home will bring that sort of stuff for your music player in your apartment...

Anybody know why all the PS3 DualShock 3 controllers in the UK have been pulled off eBay (bar one)?

Really, really pissed off. Sony, you are officially a bunch of arseholes. You deserve to be sued until you're bankrupt and your board members lose all eight of their houses.

Last edited:
They better give us in game XMB or home as the special thing and not something typically SONY special and a few vids of a new ridge racer

That looks a lot better in fairness. I can bear two weeks with no update, as long as there's a few updates afterwards...

I've got a suspicion that they may relaunch the store along with the open beta of Home.

Its been rumoured to be mid-April for ages and they falls right into that time... Hmmmm...

New store looks very nice, its no longer going to use the PS3 browser either so everything will be more responsive and quicker. They also said it'll launch alongside a special suprise...in game XMB...

New store looks very nice, its no longer going to use the PS3 browser either so everything will be more responsive and quicker. They also said it'll launch alongside a special suprise...in game XMB...

Thats why I had my stab at Home...

touch-ipod.jpg

13025_large.jpg

iPod Touch
B&W Zeppelin iPod Dock​

That's how I roll :COOL::ROCK::COOL::ROCK:

Back
Top Bottom