Sony PlayStation 3

Timed exclusives for games is one thing, you get used to it and you expect from time to time but timed exclusives for DLC is just wrong. How on earth can Activision and Infinity Ward see this as a good thing, the new maps will be released on the PS3 a week before GTA IV now. Idiots!

Also how can Sony allow this to happen?!

:brick:

Eh? Whats this about?

Ahhh... you didnt really make the link clear!

I'd say thats correct, other 1st party game due in November and December too, hopefully including Infamous.

this one is for the PS3 experts out there.

I've just purchased a 40gb white PS3 from Japan. The thing is Im unsure if I can still use a uk power plug with it or if I need a step down converter. Any ideas? I bought a 60gb one from Japan at launch and that works fine, not sure if things have changed with the new 40gb models.

Also, anyone wana take a uk PS3 40gb off my hands? Still sealed, bought it coz I wanted a uk version. That was until I saw the gorgus white one ;)

It is still multi-voltage so should work fine.
To make sure, just read the manual and see if it says multi-voltage (might be silly me asking you to do this since it may be Japense :p) or maybe the back of the PS3, it should tell you the voltage etc. and compare to your current model.

I'm moving my PS3 into my bedroom to replace my PC, so I will need it to become a media centre to play my iTunes music and videos.

Can anyone help with these q's please!

1) Would it be better to get internal or external storage? I already have a MyBook with all my media on which is at work (with work files too), so I could get another of those.

2) If I upgrade internally, i would want to back everything up obviously. I have loads of DLC for Rockband and also Warhawk. Will these back up ok - I'd really like to hear from someone that has actually done it sucessfully?!

3) By copying across the iTunes music (to either internal or external HD hooked up to PS3), will the songs play ok and can I make playlists within the PS3?

Thanks for any help guys!

Get an internal HDD, not all external HDD's recognise everything on the system. Back up your current HDD with a Seagate external HDD..

Thanks Tobi.

As I mentioned, I already have a MyBook - so I could use that to back up with (its FAT32), but how does the back-up work - would it trash everything already on the disk, or is it just like an image file it will dump in the root?

Thanks!

I'm not sure, you should definately look into before you do anything though.

There is an article on 1UP that can help you, I'll post it soon...

Here is a rundown for you mate, click.

SOCOM Confrontation Marching Out on September 16, click.

I hope Killzone gets pushed back till 2009 now, Socom in September along with Killzone (rumored) plus Resistance in November is too much.

The more I see it the more I want it, it would be great if it had BBC and C4 HD on there.

Here is a rundown for you mate, click.

SOCOM Confrontation Marching Out on September 16, click.

I hope Killzone gets pushed back till 2009 now, Socom in September along with Killzone (rumored) plus Resistance in November is too much.

Thanks - gonna have a play backing up stuff tonight...

Something that keeps bugging me and I meant to ask earlier...

On the 360, I have an account and my missus has an account. You log each seperate controller into each seperate account so that it stores all of your individual stats and achievements.

On the PS3 you can't do that can you? So if I want to play Everybody's Golf with the missus we both have to be on the one account, and our stats and settings will get mixed if you see what I mean.

Something that keeps bugging me and I meant to ask earlier...

On the 360, I have an account and my missus has an account. You log each seperate controller into each seperate account so that it stores all of your individual stats and achievements.

On the PS3 you can't do that can you? So if I want to play Everybody's Golf with the missus we both have to be on the one account, and our stats and settings will get mixed if you see what I mean.

Hmmmm... not sure. Me and my missus played the Jap version together and sure we logged in seperate (and used 1 controller).

TBH, cannot remember!

Radiation before he deleted it! said:
create a new PSN user before you log into your jack.... one
I've created five - me and the missus have seperate user accounts, plus the nephew and a few foreign PSN accounts.

But I can't see a way to log them on as seperate controllers - you have to log on as one account, which everybody then uses.

So on Everybody's Golf the golfers all have to be in my account, and on Rock Band all the solo band members have to be in my account. They can't use their own accounts, because then we can't all log in seperately and play together.

Or at least, if you can (and I'm hoping you can), I can't find a way to do it!

Last edited:
I've created five - me and the missus have seperate user accounts, plus the nephew and a few foreign PSN accounts.

But I can't see a way to log them on as seperate controllers - you have to log on as one account, which everybody then uses.

So on Everybody's Golf the golfers all have to be in my account, and on Rock Band all the solo band members have to be in my account. They can't use their own accounts, because then we can't all log in seperately and play together.

Or at least, if you can (and I'm hoping you can), I can't find a way to do it!

Hmmm... its a good point. My missus doesnt play much and I rarely have anyone else round, so its never been an issue for me.

Be interested to know what you find though!

i deleted my post because after i typed it i realized what you meant - you mean multiple users playing at the same time which as far as i know isn't possible

might be worth mentioning on the official forums - if its not possible at least they know its wanted

--

still no update on the PSN - at this rate the USA PSN will be updated before us

PSN Update delayed until 10pm as it will include the next GTA4 trailer which is set to go live at the same time

Back
Top Bottom