Sony PlayStation 3

The tutorial in the demo does it s job well, anyone can play it and understand it, whether they like it is another thing.

I love it!

Which is a brilliant game; if you don't like N+ you've forgotten what gaming is all about IMO.

Dunno... I've missed the point of N+ I'm sure... frustrating platform game with bouncy physics - and THATS it?

And I've been gaming for more years than most posters on here have been alive thank you very much!!!!

Dunno... I've missed the point of N+ I'm sure... frustrating platform game with bouncy physics - and THATS it?

And I've been gaming for more years than most posters on here have been alive thank you very much!!!!
I agree pboreham. I can see where JB is coming from and that games back in the day were simple as N+ is. But Playing that makes me realise how lucky we are. I think the game is awful by today's standards but if you looked at this in 1984 it would have been amazing!

If I got a new HDD and upgraded it myself (I'm thinking something like 160gb), how can I transfer all my data from the old HDD?
I have demos and games I've paid for on the old one.

Would it be possible to connect it in your pc via the sata/ide cables? Surely the copy restriction is software based as you can just replace the hdd with a regular one. So connect it to the pc and then you can copy between them, unless the ps3 has its own filestructure instead of windows' fat/ntsf.

Echochrome is one of the most original titles i've played in a long time. the physics are pretty consistent once you understand fully how the game works. definitely getting this game!!!

Firmware 2.17

Heads up, Sony PlayStation 3 owners! The latest update for your console's firmware is now available for download from the PlayStation Network. We still don't have a hold of any changelogs, but some claim that firmware 2.17 fixes several exploits and other bug fixes in certain titles such as MotorStorm.

You should be able to find the update when you log into PSN, as many others have reported that they have downloaded PS3 firmware 2.17. As noted by the early adopters, there's no in-game XMB or anything that significant. We're still looking into what has changed, and you'll be the first to know about what we find out, so watch this space!

UPDATE:

We've checked around various sites and discovered that there appear to be two main changes included in PS3 firmware 2.17. The first, as noted by commenters below, is that the update improves the operating stability on some online PS3 titles.

The second, which we found on the the Japanese PS3 website, appears to be related to the PS2, as the Google translation reads: "That can be installed to hard disk PlayStation 2 has been added to the standard software." If you happen to have a firm knowledge of Japanese, and want to translate for your fellow readers, feel free to visit the source link we've added below so you can take a look at the original Japanese text.

Last edited:
just bought myself a ps3 in anticipation of the impending release of hot shots golf.

£282, including free delivery and bundled with drakes fortune and warhawk. ordered monday, delivered today!

gonna stick the games straight on ebay cos i can't see myself playing them. bring on hot shots!!!

Those two games are pretty good actually, it's worth giving them a play. Especially Uncharted.

Firmware 2.17

Heads up, Sony PlayStation 3 owners! The latest update for your console's firmware is now available for download from the PlayStation Network. We still don't have a hold of any changelogs, but some claim that firmware 2.17 fixes several exploits and other bug fixes in certain titles such as MotorStorm.

You should be able to find the update when you log into PSN, as many others have reported that they have downloaded PS3 firmware 2.17. As noted by the early adopters, there's no in-game XMB or anything that significant. We're still looking into what has changed, and you'll be the first to know about what we find out, so watch this space!

Thanks for the heads up TG, it's a pain to plug into the net at home need to alter my sockets... So I never do it unless an update or a game patch is out.

drakes fortune and warhawk are great games

Warhawk (online only) is superb although ive not really touched it for a while now as im hooked on team fortress 2.

Try gamestation (trade in for a credit note) - i got £30 for burnout and unreal so id probably guess at £20 for drakes and maybe £20 for warhawk -- but you could always ask them over the phone how much they would give you and then check ebay to see what they're selling for

Firmware 2.17

UPDATE:

We've checked around various sites and discovered that there appear to be two main changes included in PS3 firmware 2.17. The first, as noted by commenters below, is that the update improves the operating stability on some online PS3 titles.

The second, which we found on the the Japanese PS3 website, appears to be related to the PS2, as the Google translation reads: "That can be installed to hard disk PlayStation 2 has been added to the standard software." If you happen to have a firm knowledge of Japanese, and want to translate for your fellow readers, feel free to visit the source link we've added below so you can take a look at the original Japanese text.

updated

It's like Tomb Raider, but a lot better. Wittier dialogue, more relevant (quite like a modern movie with the various bad guys you come across), just better all-round.

Back
Top Bottom